"My Friend"

Moving On From The Past

 

 "I know you wouldn't, but not me.
 I was starving to death that night but no one wanted to give me food, but you.
 But that's not the only reason.
 We were actually neighbors back then here in Korea. Our  parents are friends back then. And when we needed financial help, they were the ones who helped us. Since then, I wanted to know what their only daughter was like. Is she mean like any other daughter of rich people are? So I wanted to be with you all the time. You weren't like any rich kid. You mingle even with small people. And ever since, you love animals. Even if other people are scared of the wild animals, you love them. And you have the ability to tame even the wildest one. Maybe you got it from your parents.
 I know almost everything about you. That's why I can read what's on your mind." Mira smiled at her.
 "But why don't I remember anything about you?" Hara let out a question going on her head.
 "Like I said earlier, you only remember the things to WANT to remember.
 When your parents .. died, and since HE and you separated, you felt like no one cares about you anymore, except for your Tita Bree, Tita Joan and your pets." Mira emphasized 'HE' and chuckled at 'your pets'.
 "Do you feel like I'm judging you?" Mira concernly asked when she saw Hara's face fell, remembering her ex.
 "Frankly speaking, a bit." she admitted.
 "Don't be. I tell you, I'm a friend. Even if the whole world hated you, I will forever be by your side. I know I can't gain your trust right away, not unlike before. If you still remember, when we were kids, other kids only befriend you to .. use you because they knew you are from a rich family.
 You had a lot of friends back then. Almost everyone from the school knows you. That's why I always kept distant. I felt like I don't belong with people like you. But I always been behind your back, always."
 "Why would you think of that? You said I was friendly before right?"
 "You were. Super.
 But because we were just an average family before, I felt small. To tell you honestly, when your parents helped us before, that was when our family started to grow. We put up a small business and it was a success making us gain enough money to pay your parents and more than enough for us.
 Ah. Going back to you. Ask me anything to prove I'm not lying that I know everything about you." Mira beamed with a friendly face.
 "uhm. Who was my first crush?" Hara eyed her and asked rapidly after thinking.
 "Pssh. That was certainly Gabby.
 The chubby cry baby from grade 4."
 "Hey. He's just not afraid of showing what he feels."
 *Wait. She knows that?* Hara thought.
 Mira chuckled at what she said and motioned her to ask more.
 "What's my favorite pet?"
 "You can't really choose between Puss and Tennis, right?"
 "You even know their names?"
 "Sure. You got Tennis for your 12th birthday while you adopted Puss when he was still a cub." she acted like pinching a cheek in the air.
 "You got my trust now." Hara officialy stated.
 "Thank you very much. I've been waiting to hear that from you eversince we were just little." Mira teary-eyed, hugged her warmly.
 "Then you should've came to me earlier before." they broke the hug.
 "How can I? You're always with your 'honey bun' when we're kids." Mira teased.
 "You even know that? Dang girl." Hara let out a laughed.
 "I told you.
 Hara. This I promise you, I would never ever leave beside you.
 And I swear, I'm not like Aiia." she raised her right hand and said in a serious tone.
 "I'm guessing you know that one, too" Mira nodded.
 "Remember I'm always here for you." she warmly took Hara's hand.
 "I'm glad to have a new friend." she put her free hand over hers.
 "I'm so happy to hear that from you." Mira let her tears out. Hara wiped it out for her and smiled.
 "I don't want my friend crying."
 Mira's heart melted hearing the words 'My Friend' coming out from Hara's mouth.