"Not Okay"

Moving On From The Past

 

"Honey don't forget to invite your Tita Joan for dinner. 
 Bye~
 Enjoy your day!" Tita Bree reminded and blew me a kiss.
 "hmm." I wiggled a hand and headed to my homeroom.
 Tita Bree would always give me a ride to school before she heads to office for work.
 I entered my room and saw half of my classmates were in, together with the silent Aiia and the flirt Jeni on their places.
 Aiia noticed me and slightly waved a hand. I just replied her with a nod and walked straight to my place behind.
 *This will be another long day.* I slumped on my seat.
 
 By lunch,
 I usually don't eat at lunch. I don't know why I'm not always hungry. Neah. Maybe because I just don't like to see a lot of people and socialize. But because of Tita Bree's order, I walked out my room for lunch when all my classmates left. Walking by myself, I headed straight to the principal's office. I knocked on the door trice and heard a voice answered, "Come in!"
 I turned the knob open and went inside. Tita Joan was looking stressed as ever with her brows nitted together, elbow on the desk, with a stack of papers beside her.
 "Hi Tita Jo." I bowed lightly. At the sound of my voice, she looked up at me, flashing a big smile.
 "Hara!" she stood from her busy doings and went to greet me.
 "How are you?" I wasn't able to breath for a sec because of her tight hug.
 "I'm ... good." she heard me stiffened so she released her embrace.
 "Sorry. How come you're here?
 Sit down." we settled down at the couch.
 "I'm just a building away Tita." I stated as a matter of fact.
 "oh yeah. Have you eaten? It's lunch break, isn't it?"
 "I haven't. I went straight here to you."
 "C'mon. I ordered food earlier. I think it's enough for the two of us." she stood up.
 "No I'm fine." I politely refused.
 "uh come on. I still want to have you here. We haven't bond for long. Please~" she took my hands and wave it cutely.
 *I wonder what would students think if they'll see their principal like this* I sighed and she lead the way in a spare table.
 Tita Joan and Tita Bree are almost by the same year. Both are like my big sisters. I become frank in front of them most of the time. Evenso, I see to it that I find the proper words to not hurt them or keep my breeding. 'Cause when I speak, iether you'll appreciate it or hate me forever because of the hurtful words that'll come out my mouth and you wouldn't like it. But often than not, it's the negative one. So it'll be better if you just leave me by myself and not to meddle with my life.
 
 "Why did you came here anyways?
 What I mean is, d'you have any problems in your subjects or teachers? Tell me." she asked while we were eating.
 "uhm. Hindi (no). Tita Bree wanted to invite you over for dinner tonight. At our place." I stuff rice on my mouth.
 "ah. I want to meet her too.
 But I have a lot of work to do." she pouted with a fake sniff.
 "Yeah. Told her that. And I saw it earlier."
 "uh hmm. If only ..." she looked at me with a grin.
 "hmm?"
 "If it's fine with you.
 Could you help me finish my works today~?" her eyes were sparkling with hope.
 "I'm glad to help but I don't know anything to do with principal works." I shrugged my shoulders.
 "No worries. Today, all I need is a math genius like you. Then after, we'll just store them properly in their places."
 "Okay."
 "Really?!"
 "Sure. I'm not doing anything after class."
 "That's great! I'm so glad I have you!" she hugged me on the neck and peck my cheek even if we were table apart.
 *I'm glad someone appreciates me.*
 
 After an hour of lunch break, I headed back to my room.
 Then after a whole afternoon of a boring class, I went to see Aunt Joan and do as I promised to do. Help her with her paper works. As she said, they weren't really hard. All are just simple math. Her works was checking the report cards of the sophomores. When we were almost done with the works, I decided to buy us some shakes.
 "Tita. Can I just buy shakes in the cafeteria?" I asked for confirmation and stood up.
 "Yeah sure. I like milk shake." she replied without even looking at me.
 "Arraso. I'll be right back." I got my wallet and left.
 
 At the cafeteria,
 There were just few students who were hanging around the place. I reached the counter and there was Anita, the cook and cashier of the cafeteria.
 "hey. I haven't seen you for a while.
 What can I do for you?" she smiled at me.
 "Hi Anita. Can I have one milk shake and one double espresso?"
 "Of course. I'm on it." she went to make my order.
 She came back a few minutes after and I paid the drinks.
 I was on my way back the principal's office as I looked at the drinks when suddenly, I bumped onto someone.
 "I'm sorry. It's my f-" when I looked up, my heart filled with heavy stones crashing continuously.
 "Hara." he said cooly.
 *What are you doing here? And how can you act so cool after what had happened to us!*
 "yeah. I'm going." I have to leave as fast as I can before my tears comes out my eyes.
 *ugh! Breath in, breath out. Don't get affected by him Hara.* I continued to walk the hallway.
 When I came back, all the works were done as Tita Joan placed the last stock of cards in the dividers on the wall.
 "oh. You're back." she noticed I entered.
 "Done already?" I asked and placed the drinks in the table.
 "Yeah. Just now.
 Hey. You okay?
 You look nervous." she cupped by face and checked my temperature.
 "I'm fine. It's just that ..." I can't continue to talk anymore and she already knew exactly what I wanted to say.
 "Don't tell me you saw him, huh?" I nodded in response. My eyes were starting to blur with tears.
 "Hija (an indearment word used by the elder to call a young girl), I think you have to move on." she patted my shoulder.
 "Tita. I'm okay.
 Let's just not talk about it." I heavead a breath to keep my tears from falling.
 *I know you're not okay.
 But what is he doing at our school?!* she thought.
 "I think we should go know." I took my bag from the couch and wore it on my shoulder.
 "ah yeah. C'mon." she grab her keys and we went outside.
 She drove all the way to our house. I kept silent for the whole time and I knew it was awkward for her but I still didn't start a conversation until we reach our house.
 I knocked the door and heard rapid foot steps were coming. Tita Bree excitedly opened the door for us and grab both of us inside.
 "Joan!" they hugged each other tightly and swayed their bodies. They said their hi's and hello's to each other as I excused myself and made my way to my room.
 Without me knowing, the two were starting a plan. A plan they didn't want me to hear. A plan that they think will help me move on. They didn't tell me anything about it and we ate dinner without me knowing about their mission. They didn't even made me suspect of their agenda in any way.
 At 8, Tita Joan left after the dinner and chatting for hours with Tita Bree.
 "See you again Jo!"
 "Bye Tita." Tita Bree and I kissed her in the cheeks and waved goodbye.
 "And Jo" I heard Tita Bree and looked up at her. I can swore I saw her wink at Tita Jo and she raised a thumbs up in response.
 "Huh?" I muttered in confusion. "Nothing honey.
 Take care Jo!" she placed her hand on my head then turned to Tita Jo who was starting her car's engine.
 "Okay. You too!
 See you at school, Hara!" she waved and I responded with a small smile. I was confused between them but she was just giving me her innocent smile.
 "Nytie'nyt sweetheart.
 Take a good sleep.
 Tomorrow will be a great day." she kissed my head and gave me a light push to make me go upstairs.
 "How would you know?"
 "I just feel it."
 "oh okay. Good night tita." I looked back at her and kissed her on the forehead.
 *I just know it'll be a great day. A GREAT DAY.* Tita Bree thought and a smile lit up her face.
 *What's wrong with her and Tita Jo? They're acting so weird.* I said on my mind but then shrugged it off and headed back to my room.