"Paradise"

Moving On From The Past

 

"YOU DARE TOUCH HER AGAIN AND I WOULND'T JUST RUIN YOUR FACE, BUT YOUR WHOLE LIFE!"
 I glowered at a senior after I punch him right in the face when I saw him threw a hand full of powder to my bestfriend Aiia.
 Then I saw him scrumble back to his building like a coward dog.
 "How many times will I tell you not to pass in this part of the campus?!" I turned to her. She was crying on me.
 "I'm sorry." she sniffed.
 "C'mon now, class is about to start." I separated from her hug and walk pass her.
 She tried to catch up and asked, "Are you mad?" .Her voice seemed so sincere.
 "No." I answered shortly. I heard she sighed and her smile went back.
 When I said NO, she already know I mean it.
 "I'm so lucky to have a friend like you." she flashed an eye-smile.
 I looked at her again and dusted her hair that had powder on it.
 Whenever she says these words, it brings up a smile on my face.
 Aiia had been my 'self-proclaimed' best friend since I transfered here at IS Academy for third year. She was bullied then. I saw her crying, so naturely, I comforted her. Since then, she started following me and asking if I can be her friend.
 I'm not into socializing but this girl won't give up. So then, we became friends. When I see her being bullied, I always want to protect her like a big sister.
 But unlike any other bestfriends, we are very much different.
 Being frank, boys are attracted to me. Even if I only tie my hair into a messy bun everyday. And I don't like to use make-up. Wearing jacket and shorts with a match of sneakers is my style. But if a normal girl would entertain such flirting from boys, I don't. I'm a slightly man-hater. Basically for the flirt once. I've had a bad experience from the past and I don't want that to happen again.
 While her, people call her names such as, Loner, Freak, Ugly, Beast and whole lot more names that makes her lose her self-steem.
 If people sees her in a bad way, I'm different. For me, she's beautiful. I often tell her that, oh I mean, when I speak seldomly, I tell her that. But everytime I do, she'll say, "ugh. C'mon. I know I'm not. Between us two, you're the one who's beautiful." then I'll answer, "You know that's not true-" before I could continue to explain, she wouldn't let me do so.
 
 We reached our class right before our teacher came. I'm sitted at the very back, at my peaceful space, while Aiia sits on the most front because she's eager of learning. In my space, I can observe class, and see if they'll play a prank on her at the same time.
 Teacher Hwang came, then the class started.
 We were on our ending part of the lesson when the door went open.
 There I saw the devil. The girl I always don't want to see. Jung Jeni, the 'feeling' queenka of the school.
 "oh Teacher. Sorry if I'm late on your class. I was busy reading history books in the library and didn't notice the time." she cutely said as she bit her nail in her cute way.
 *Liar.* I said on my mind but kept silent. I'm not the type of person to say whatever is going on my mind. I like to keep it to myself often.
 "That's totally fine Miss Jung. As long as you're studying outside the class, I wouldn't really mind." Teacher Hwang said while wipping a sweat off his face.
 *Ugh! This old man!* I said again.
 "Thanks Teacher!" Jeni beamed and when she faced the class, she snickered.
 The whole class knows her bad behavior, infact, she belongs to the society. Okay, that means she's one of mean people around school (and class).
 I saw her hi-fived a classmate when the Teacher went back to write on the board.
 *ugh. And I thought it would be better to choose a non-famous school. Should've just enrolled to SM Academy.* I rested my cheek on my table with a book covering me, just incase Teacher would notice.
 Then I heard the bell rang, signalling for lunch time.
 *Finally!* I shouted in my head.
 "Okay class. Tomorrow we'-" before Teacher Hwang could finish, my classmates piled out the room, not showing some respect.
 "Yah!" I heard the Teacher shouted but no one listened.
 I heard him sighed and saw him shook his head.
 "ah Teacher, what was that you're saying?" Jeni sounded like she was really interested.
 *Plastic* I thought.
 Teacher fixed his glasses then sweetly spoke, "Jeni-ah, good thing I have you as my student. You're different from any of your classmates.
 We're going to have a test tomorrow about Shakespeare."
 "oh. Okay Teacher.
 Surely I'll review.
 Goodbye teacher!" she beamed again.
 Teacher smiled back at her then left the room.
 "Elk. I want to vomit.
 Acting so sweet to that bald old grandpa is so ieiew!" Jeni rolled her eyes as soon as she saw he's gone.
 *Then why don't you just stop being a plastic. Aish!* I made a soft tsss sound.
 "ah Aiia. You know already what to do tomorrow right?" she sweetly brushed her hair.
 Jeni would always act as if she's interested to lessons and is studying hard. But in reality, it's Aiia who's doing all the duty.
 "yeah. Of course." my bestfriend replied.
 *I knew it.*
 "C'mon let's grab some lunch." Jeni pulled Aiia's arm and were on the door when Aiia looked back at me.
 "Hara. D'you wanna come have lunch with us?"
 I sitted up straight and shook my head.
 "You sure?" Aiia asked again.
 And I nodded firmly.
 "She said she's sure. Now c'mon" Jeni drag her to the cafeteria.
 If you thought Jeni is just using Aiia for school stuffs, you're partly right. Actually, she's Aiia's other bestfriend aside from me.
 In fact, the three of us were good friends before. Until one day, our friendship got ruined for the two of us. Aiia wouldn't want to choose which side she'll be so she's fine having the both of us, separately.
 
 *At last! 1 hour of peace!* I stretched my arms out wide then rested them in my table with my head on top, getting ready to droze off to dreamland.
 
 I was awaken by the noisy voices of my classmates.
 *Is my peaceful hour done already?* and yes it is. Lunch break past so fast when I was in the middle of my good sleep.
 *ow well. At least I've had an hour of peace.* I yawned then the next subject started.
 
 My class ends at 4.
 ~bowawaw, lalalala
 bowawaw, lalalala~
 My phone ringed.
 "Yeoboseyo?"
 "Sweetie! Don't forget to buy me my milk tea, okay?"
 "Yes Tita (auntie)."
 then the call ended.
 "Milk tea?" Aiia came to me and guessed.
 I nodded then she offered, "Want me to join you?"
 "Neah. I'll go on my own. And I still have to buy 'tennis' his food." I packed my things.
 "Oh yeah. You know I'm afraid of him.
 See you tomorrow then." she waved goodbye.
 
 It is a 20 minute walk from school to the market.
 I first went to a pet store and an ajusshi greeted me.
 "Yes miss. What can I do for you?"
 "uhm. Can I buy five white rats?"
 "of course! I'm on it." he rapidly went to get my order.
 Within 5 minutes, he came back, holding a cage with the five white rats on it.
 "Here. Should I get food for them?"
 "ah aniyo. No need.
 I'll pay it now."
 After I paid, I was about to leave when he asked, "You love rats, do you?"
 I took a short look at the tiny animals playing around the cage I'm holding then looked back at him and answered, "Ani. But my pet does." I bowed then left.
 His face went mouth-opened in shock.
 
 *Milk tea. Aha!* I spotted it in a convenient store so I walked in.
 *How many milk tea's will I -* >buuff<. Some guy was pushed to me, making the milk tea carton fall from my hands.
 I saw another guy, the one who pushed the other one towards me, smirked.
 *Trying to play a trick on me huh?* I said.
 "Miss I'm sorry.
 It's my buddy's fault. He pushed me and I didn't noticed you were there." he reached the carton intentionally at the same time as me, making his hand above mine.
 I can feel that his hand was going up to my shoulders and so I gave him a hard glare.
 "Can we talk about my apology in a date." his face was coming near mine.
 That fills me. I stood straight while pulling up his shirt in his collar line.
 "Hey! What are you doing!" he nitted his brows at me.
 I tilted my head bit as I grab some force. I stretched my arm back and curled it to a ball then it landed hardly on his face. He came intact with the store's dividers. As a result, products such as milks and other drinks poured him.
 People saw the dividers shook and was strangely looking at us.
 *I'll just get two.* I remembered the milk tea.
 "These two are shop lifters." I announced as I pointed to the both of them with a calm face. The two were shock that they were accused by a thing.
 "Hey! We aren't!" the guy standing spoke. I went behind him and patted his shoulder as I went passed him.
 "Ah! So it's you two who kept snatching foods out huh!" the manager dialled the police hurriedly.
 I came to him at the counter to pay as I placed the milk tea on the table. I took a lollipop beside the counter, showed it to him, gesturing that I'm going to buy it then unwrapped and ate it.
 "ah miss. You can take it without paying. Thanks for revealing the snatchers." he bowed as his hand was on the phone in his ears.
 I just made a 'really?' look and sound and he nodded again.
 Then I bowed and took my milk teas as I play with the lollipop in my mouth.
 As I went out the store, police came and drag the 'shop-lifters' out. I purposely watched them being caught by the police.
 The guy standing before, was struggling to free himself and protested, "We are not shop-lifters! You have no proof!"
 Me, hearing him say this, reacted, "Officer. Why don't you check his pockets."
 One of the police did, and there he saw a branded chocolate bar.
 "Then what do you call this?!" the officer waved it infront of his face.
 "But I never-" he stopped talking when he saw me and remembered earlier.
 He's right. When I patted him in the shoulder, I putted the chocolate bar.
 "You!" he glared at me.
 And when the other guy was checked, he had cigarette packs in his pocket.
 "Really huh? Then could you explain these?!" the officer showed the packs from his friend.
 "C'mon c'mon." the police pushed the two inside the mobile car.
 *I'm so mean.*
 Well actually, I'm not. I've been observing these two 'cause since I got inside, they were acting suspicious. And when the opportunity came, I grabbed it right away.
 
 I sticked out my tongue as I watch them taken away by the cops.
 *That's what you get when you try to mess up with me.* I snickered and continued to walk home.
 
 By 5:30, I came to our house and knocked the door.
 It opened after the third knock with my smiling auntie inside.
 "You're home! Got the milk tea?" she asked excitedly, so I held up the plastic bag and went inside.
 I stay at my auntie's house since both of my parents died in a car accident.
 She'd been my mom since then and I can say she's a good provider and a great foster mom even if she does it only by herself. Before, she leaves by her own because she never married and never had a child. That's somewhat an advantage to me 'cause all of her attentions and love are given to me, and me only.
 I'm a half Korean, half Filipino 'cause my mom's side are Filipino, while dad's Korean.
 "How was your day sweetie?" she inquired as soon as we sitted down at the couch.
 "Good." I replied.
 "That's great.
 Ah what's that by the way?" she pointed at the cage.
 "hmm. White rats.
 Have to go feed 'tennis'." I stood.
 "Hai. Those pets of yours." she shook her head at me.
 I gave her a small smirk that made her say. "okay okay. Just think I hadn't said anything." she raise a hand.
 I smiled a bit as I entered to my 'paradise'.
 
 "Tennis. Did you miss me?" I put the cage of rats down and grab my pet from it's glass cage.
 It came wrapping my arm and hand as I brush him with my free hand.
 Tennis isn't like any other usual household pets. Why? 'Cause his a ball python. His color is black. He's a gift given by my dad on my 12th birthday.
 "I brought you some food." I laid him back at its cage and it balled itself inside.
 I bent down and opened the rats' cage as I grabbed one by the tail. It made a squeaking sound as it struggle to let go. Gently, I dropped it near Tennis and in just one swallow, he finished his first dish.
 I continued to feed him until it was the last one.
 "Open your mouth 'cause here comes the last one." then I dropped it again inside. It was running around the cage as if finding a way to escape. But Tennis is too hungry to let his dinner go. In just a blink of an eye, Tennis finished his dinner.
 "There. Done." I threw the rats' cage on the pile of the other rat cages from before.
 *Am I being mean for letting my pet be feeded by such innocent animals?* I just shrugged the thought.
 I then stood up to greet my other pets.
 "Hi Marga. Hi Debbie. Hi Lizzy. And hello the company."
 Marga is a tarantula, Debbie is a gecko, Lizzy is a scorpion. While the company is composed of different species of insects such as roaches, worms and others. I wouldn't wanna name them individually if I were you. So I decided to call the company.
 I heard a growl behind me. Approaching me is a huge African Lion.
 "ow sorry Puss. I forgot about you-oofff." he jumped on me, making me fall flat on the floor. He started my face.
 "aaah! Puss. Haha. That tickles. H-hey stop! Haha." I tried to pull off of him. I indian sitted as he sitted obediently right beside me. I ruffled his furr and hugged him by the neck.
 Puss is my most loving pet. I already had him since he was a cub. He was thrown away from the zoo since he easily catches diseases that might infect his other siblings. I saw him outside the zoo on a carton. It was raining then and I saw he was shivering in cold. So I decided to take him home. I was the one to buy milk for him everytime. I feed him everyday and bought him medicine. I even paid a vet just to make sure he'll be okay. At first, Aunt didn't know I adopted such animal, when one day, Puss got out of his cage to search for milk. While he was drinking his milk, he sneeze as it touched and tickled his nose a bit, Auntie was on her way to kitchen and had heard him. And so, I got caught. She didn't yell at me, but was shocked. Sooner, she just got used to him and let him stay.
 [A/N: She was staying in her Aunt's house in Korea when she adopted Puss.]
 "Got to go now Puss." I stood up, kiss him in the head and rub his furr.
 "Go now." I pointed to his space and gestured to go back there. He obigently run and I saw him lay flat on his territory.
 This is what I call my paradise. A mini zoo inside our house.
 I'm an animal lover. You wouldn't even believe, I can tame any kind of animal. Even if it's not familiar with me, it'll tame just went I look at it.
 
 "Honey! Dinner's ready!" I heard Aunt shouted from outside.
 "Coming!" I slightly shouted back.