One Step Closer (Part 2)

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

    (After School) Cho-Hee and Jae-Hwa was waiting at the car for the others, but mainly they were waiting for Sun-Hee.
    “Hey girls,” Yuchun called. They both ignore him and looked passed him for Sun-Hee. Well, Jae-Hwa was somewhat looking for Changmin too.
    “If you’re looking for your sister, Sun-Hee, then don’t,” Yuchun approached them.
    “Why?” Jae-Hwa answered, sounding like she was annoyed by him.
    “Oh…Junsu text that he took her home,” he explained.
    “What did…,” Cho-Hee started, but Yuchun cut her off.
    “Nothing I think,” he said not sure at all.
    “Then why…” Jae-Hwa started and Yuchun cut her off.
    “We’ll find out when we get home. I think.”
    “Hurry up and let’s go home then,” Cho-Hee raised her voice at him.
    “Not my fault we need to wait for the others.”
    “Well go get your annoying brother here then,” Cho-Hee said out of frustration.
    “Which one are you referring to?” Yuchun asked, curiously.
    “Why would you ask that?” Jae-Hwa asked, wondering why he wanted to know which one, isn’t Cho-Hee refering to all of them.
    “All of them!” Cho-Hee shouted.
    “Okay,” Yuchun said, while Jae-Hwa looked what’s wrong with her sister.
    
    Jaejoong waited for Hei-Ryung outside her last period door.
    “Come on let’s go,” he quickly grab her hand and dragged her away before she could even respond to his presence.
    “Where Sun-Hee?” Hei-Ryung asked when she saw the others.
    “You’ll know when you get home,” Jaejoong answered and rushed her to the car ignoring the others.
    
    Yunho and Changmin came and they left. Before Yuchun entered the car, he blow his kisses and waved at his fans.
    Inside the car, Yuchun stared closely at Yunho and Cho-Hee making sure if they have anything together. And he start to assume Changmin and Jae-Hwa might have something too.
    
    Hei-Ryung wanted to tell Jaejoong to stop dragging her around like a little toy but she didn’t want to. She’s just not those type that would say it. She would keep it to herself. Jaejoong knows that his action his wrong but he still wanted to played for once, testing outside of his usual limits. He’s not sure why he decided to test it out with her, but he feels like he should take the chance and try.
    
    Jaejoong and Hei-Ryung arrived back at the palace first. Jaejoong got out of the car first and gently pulled Hei-Ryung out.
     “I’m gonna go check on Sun-Hee,” Hei-Ryung said.
    “I’ll take you,” he took her away. She’s not sure, they are not at school who can hurt her now for him to still dragged her?

    Cho-Hee got out first when the car came to its destination. Followed by Jae-Hwa. They didn’t even wait for the guys to say anything they left right away back to their place, hoping Sun-Hee will be there. Yuchun followed the girls.
    “I’m going first,” Changmin left to go greet his mom. Yunho went to greet his mom.
    
    Jaejoong knocked on the door. Sun-Hee came and opened the door, “Hi.”
    “Sun-Hee are you okay?” Hei-Ryung asked, when she saw the corner of her lip a bit bruised and her cheek is red.
    “I’m fine,” she smiled, assuring her.
    “I’ll leave you two together then,” Jaejoong leaned and kissed her right temple, letting go of her hand.
    Cho-Hee stopped and looked at the scene before her. Jae-Hwa stopped behind and looked. Followed by Yuchun.
    Jaejoong left and Yuchun followed him speechless.
    
    “You two seems to get along pretty well,” Jae-Hwa said as Cho-Hee and her walked up to them.
    Hei-Ryung blushed not sure what to tell them. That he’s having his way with her? Or should she lied that they are getting along well?
    “Um…” nothing came out, “let’s just go inside and ask about Sun-Hee.” Hei-Ryung changed the topic and went inside first. They all sat down in the living room together.
    “So what happened to you?” Jae-Hwa asked.
    “Jumi--,” Cho-Hee cut her off.
    “That girl she’s gonna died tomorrow watch,” Cho-Hee said with her attitude building up.
    “No Cho-Hee you’re not hurting anyone tomorrow,” Sun-Hee said.
    “Sun-Hee,” Cho-Hee and Jae-Hwa said together.
    “Listen to me,” Sun-Hee said.
    “Why did you come home?” Hei-Ryung asked.
    “Junsu helped me and didn’t want me to stay at school so he dragged me home.”
    “Is Sun-Hee getting dragged by those prince too?” Hei-Ryung thought to herself.
    “That person helped you but have no right to dragged you,” Cho-Hee stated.
    “Cho-Hee it passed just let it passed,” Sun-Hee said.

    “Yah Jaejoong,” Yuchun started after following him for a bit, “are you really into your marriage or putting on a show?” Yuchun can’t believed that Jaejoong would give into his marriage that impulsive.
    “Believe whatever you like to,” Jaejoong said, continue walking coolly, hands in his pocket.
    “Then I’ll believe that you fell head over toes for her,” Yuchun said.
    “Okay if that’s what you think.”
    Jaejoong got to the place where the princes usually stay together and do their own activities.  He entered inside and found Junsu.
    “Oh…you guys are back already?” Junsu said, putting his book down.
    “Now do you mind telling us a bit about what you text us earlier?” Yuchun shift his attention to Junsu.
    Yunho and Changmin walked in.
    “Great they are here too. Now you owe us some clarification,” Yuchun clear his throat.
    “Well…”Junsu didn’t know where to start.
    “Just say that you like her,” Yunho blurted out.
    “How do you know? Is it cause you like someone too?” Yuchun joked, earning a killer glared from Yunho.
    Yuchun turned his attention back to Junsu, “Anyways that’s true right? You dance with her that night and today you dashed out to saved her didn’t you? Don’t say that you saw her accidentally and saved her.”
    They all looked at Junsu. He wasn’t sure what to tell them.
    “Okay fine everything you all said was correct,” he said after the silence of awkwardness the brothers shared.
    “BINGO,” Yuchun snapped both his hand.
    What so exciting about that?” Junsu asked.    
    “A lot,” Yuchun said, keeping some mental note to himself.
    Jaejoong secretly agreed. Yunho sense trouble and Changmin is not sure what’s exactly is going on because he wasn’t exactly paying attention.

    “Guys I want to go out for a bit,” Cho-Hee said.
    “Where?” Sun-Hee asked.
    “Um…Jung’s Palace.”
    “Why there?” Hei-Ryung asked.
    “I went there once and it was very pretty so I thought of visiting it again.”
    “Go ahead just be back,” Hei-Ryung said.
    “And don’t cause any trouble,” Sun-Hee added.
    “Okay see you guys later,” Cho-Hee got up and happily walked away.
    “Never seen her that happy since we came here,” Jae-Hwa pointed out.
    Sun-Hee and Hei-Ryung nodded in agreement.

    Cho-Hee found her way to the Jung’s Palace.
    “Good afternoon Cho-Hee,” Mi-Cha greeted when she spied her.
    “Oh…hello,” Cho-Hee bowed.
    “Are you here to talk to Queen Jung?”
    “Yeah you could say that.”
    “Follow me then,” Cho-Hee followed Mi-Cha inside.
    “Your Majesty you have a visitor,” Mi-Cha announced.
    Queen Jung looked up and found Cho-Hee, “Oh…hi sweetie. How are you doing?”
    “Hello,” she bowed, “I’m fine.”
    “Well come sit over here with me,” Cho-Hee looked unsure.
    “Go on it’ll be okay,” Mi-Cha assured Cho-Hee and she walked over and sat next to Queen Jung on the couch.
    “Do want anything to eat or drink, sweetie?” Queen Jung smile sweetly at her. Cho-Hee guessed that was why she wanted to come over to the Jung’s Palace. Maybe because it was the only place that have nice understanding people beside her sisters.
    “No thank you,” Cho-Hee answered with a smiled.
    “Mi-Cha bring us something to eat,” Queen Jung ordered. She bowed and left.
    “Is there a reason why you’re here today or do you just want to talk to me?” Queen Jung asked.
    “I just thought of coming to say hi and ask how you are because I couldn’t last night because of…” she stop didn’t want to mention whoever it was.
    “Is there anything bothering you?” Queen Jung asked when seeing her facial expression.
    “Um…not really,” she answered even though there is.
    Queen Jung remember about last night when she saw them. She wanted to ask Cho-Hee but not sure where to start.
    Mi-Cha came in and set the tray of food down on the very expensive, nice looking table.
    “Thanks for wanting to visit me,” Queen Jung said.
    “No problem.”
    “Here try these,” Queen Jung pick up a piece of food with the small fork and put it up for Cho-Hee to eat. Cho-Hee looked and Queen Jung smiled. She opened and Queen Jung feed her.
    “Thanks it taste delicious,” Cho-Hee said after she swallowed.
    Queen Jung smiled and feed herself some.
    
    “Why is Cho-Hee going for so long? Did she cause problem along the way?” Sun-Hee assumed.
    “I don’t think she will,” Hei-Ryung said.
    “I’ll go find her,” Jae-Hwa offered.
    “Do you know where she is?” Sun-Hee asked.
    “Probably Jung’s Palace.”
    “Hurry back though,” Hei-Ryung said and Jae-Hwa left.

    “Mo-…”Yunho stopped when he saw the person in front of him.
    “Greeting Prince Yunho,” Mi-Cha bowed.
    “Oh…Yunho you’re here,” Queen Jung turned and saw his son.
    “Greeting Queen Jung,” Queen Jung and Mi-Cha looked at him and he just smiled in returned.
    “Sorry I’ll be leaving now,” Cho-Hee said, giving Yunho glares.
    “Why so soon?” Queen Jung said, not understanding the problem happening.
    “I have something else to do and don’t want to waist my time here with someone.”
    “Really?” Yunho was being sarcastic.
    “Yeah really,” Cho-Hee said, annoyed.
    “Sorry Queen Jung I have to go. I’ll visit you another time when he’s not here,” Cho-Hee was too annoyed by Yunho that’s she missing out the obvious piece of the puzzle, Queen Jung is Yunho’s mom.  
    Cho-Hee left.
    “Yunho mind giving me an explanation of yesterday’s action and today’s action, plus calling me Queen Jung. When do you refer me to as Queen Jung?” his mom asked.
    “Sorry mom,” Yunho apologized.
    “Now mom,” Queen Jung said, not sure what his son is up to.
    “Mom…just like how I told you yesterday. I just dislike her and wanting to know why she’s here with you. And I want to know how she will react like if she knows that you’re my mom.”
    “I’m telling her.”
    “Mom…” Yunho whined.
    “What for are you hiding or playing?”
    “Nothing just want to annoyed her.”
    “And you’re not,” Queen Jung said.
    “Mom…do you understand her more than me?” Yunho asked, not sure what don’t his mom understand.
    “No Yunho just that whatever you’re doing doesn’t suit you. Why are you acting like that? Where is my Jung Yunho?”
    Yunho was quiet. “Was he that different?” he questioned himself.
    “Never mind. I’m gonna go rest,” Queen Jung wanted her son to think about his action.
    
    “Shim’s Palace,” Jae-Hwa reads, “I thought it was Jung’s Palace.” Jae-Hwa looked around and decided to go asked for direction inside.
    Jae-Hwa entered and looked around not sure which way to head.
    “What are you doing in here?” Jae-Hwa heard a very cold voice speaking.
    She turned and saw no one but the prince she been dreaming about. Speechless.
    “Don’t you hear me?” he asked again, when receiving a blank expression from her.
    “Um…I-I…,” she stuttered, dumbstruck.
    He stared at her like, “Really are you really that slow and stupid.”
    “I-I-I..,” still she was caught off guard.
    “Just leave,” he said, sounding like he was annoyed.
    “I…can you tell…me…the di-direction to the Jung’s Palace.” she manged to speak it out.    
    Asking for the Jung’s Palace to? What do Yunho have to do with this girl too?
    “Changmin who’s there?” came a voice sounding like a lady.
    “Um…mom just someone asking for direction,” Changmin answered, “and since you’re here please tell her.”
    He left, leaving Jae-Hwa looking after him like, she can’t believe he is such person. Can’t he be a bit gentler and nicer?
    “Sweetie come over here,” Queen Shim said, after staring at her son’s attitude and watching Jae-Hwa dumb struck.
    Jae-Hwa said nothing but slowly walk over.
    “Sorry for my son cold attitudes. He’s always like that,” Queen Shim smiled.
    “Why for what? Looks like a nice person on the outside but why in the inside such a cruel person?” Jae-Hwa thought to herself.
    “Sorry,” Jae-Hwa turned her attention to reality.
    “Followed me,” Queen Shim ordered, seem like she have a lot to say.
    Jae-Hwa followed Queen Shim inside.
    “Have a seat darling,” Queen Shim gestured for her to sit next to her.
    Jae-Hwa took a seat, somewhat kind of lost.
    “May you please tell me your name?”
    “Um…Jae-jae-Hwa.”
    Queen Shim smiled, “Honey is there something you want to ask that’s why you came in here?”
    “Oh…I was just gonna ask for direction to the Jung’s Palace because I need to go find my sister because she went there,” she seemed to said it all in one breath.
    “Oh…I’ll tell you the direction then.”
    “Um…it’s okay I think she should be back by now,” Jae-Hwa didn’t want to spend another minute in there. It seems so scary.
    “One question before you go though…”
    “Um…please ask,” Jae-Hwa crossed her fingers, hoping it’s not something horrible, something she can‘t answer.
    “You like Changmin,” Queen Shim just stated like it’s nothing to hide.
    Jae-Hwa eyes widen, “Was she that obvious?”
    “I’m…sorry,” Jae-Hwa asked for a repeat to make sure she heard it correctly.
    “I saw how you look at Changmin,” Queen Shim smiled, “nothing to hide if you do.”
    “Oh…um…was…w-was I that o-obvious?” she asked, didn’t how Queen Shim picked it up so fast.
    “I guess I could just tell, but if you want Changmin to know he won’t noticed unless you tell him because he won’t cared about others he think are not important.”
    “Is he that mean?” she mumbled but was loud enough for Queen Shim to hear.
    “Depends on how you look at him? If you get to know him better you know better.”
    “Oh…o-okay then. I should be heading back too then. Thanks,” Jae-Hwa got up and bowed. She quickly dashed out of the room.
    Jae-Hwa found her way back and found all them three in there.
    “What took you so long?” Cho-Hee asked.
    “Lost my way,” was the answered.
      
    (Dinner Table) The table was filled with silence except for the noise from the eating utensils hitting the plate and the sound of chewing foods. Yuchun examined each person carefully and smiled to himself. Cho-Hee saw and was annoyed at his action, so disturbing.
    “What are you planning? Looking around and smiling to yourself like you’re stupid,” Cho-Hee then speak.
    “Oh…just thinking to myself,” Yuchun chuckled.
    “Really? Hope it’s nothing that have to do with us or you’ll be dead meat after.”
    “Oh…really I want to see that.”
    “Don’t worry if you played with us you’ll be dead for sure.” Cho-Hee saying that earning a bit of attention from Jaejoong and Yunho.
    “Oh…I am planning to play with you cause you seems to be so intense but then after all you’re Yunho…so…I’ll back off.” Everyone looked at Yuchun. Even Jae-Hwa shifted her focused on Changmin to Yuchun.
    “What?” Cho-Hee yelled. Yuchun made himself received glares from Yunho.
    “What? Don’t you and Yunho have something, you know?” Yuchun winked at Cho-Hee and Cho-Hee returned it will her killing glares.
    “Yah Yuchun you can stop now,” Yunho said, having enough of him today.
    “You both are defending each other now huh…how sweet?” Yuchun awed them.
    “I hate you all, man,” Cho-Hee got up and left.
    “Wow Yunho aren’t you gonna go after her?” Yuchun asked, not seeing how annoying he is.
    He got up and left, not after Cho-Hee though.
    Jaejoong had enough of Yuchun today, as well, he got up and left before he shift his attention toward him.
    “Yah Jaejoong I didn’t even get started on you yet,” Yuchun voice chased after Jaejoong.
    Sun-Hee and Hei-Ryung wondered to what Yuchun was talking about. Why do he think Cho-Hee and Yunho have something. Junsu also start thinking that maybe he’s not the only one having feeling for them. Chanmgin ignore Yuchun having enough from him.
    “Everyone enjoy your meal…we don’t have our little lovey-dovey here anymore,” Yuchun said.
    Jae-Hwa now started to realize that since Queen Shim said she was very obvious she had to make sure no one point out her feelings right in front of Changmin or she will just…explode.
    “Sorry if you’ll excuse me,” Hei-Ryung said and whisper something to Sun-Hee’s ear and left. Sun-Hee nodded.
    “Jae-Hwa ready to go,” Sun-Hee asked.
    “In a bit,” Jae-Hwa looked down to her plate.
    Junsu shift his attention to Sun-Hee. He did say earlier that she was his-wife-to-be, NOW how do he make it true?
    Changmin sat quietly and mind his own business, as usual.
    Yuchun examined the left over.
    “Okay let’s go,” Jae-Hwa said and they left. Sun-Hee don’t know why but even though she don’t know Junsu she starts to feel uncomfortable around him. After the talk with Queen Shim, Jae-Hwa seems a bit scared of Changmin.
Soon after the girls left, Junsu, Changmin, and Yuchun left the table to their room.

    “Man one day that Yuchun he’ll pay for what he’s saying,” Cho-Hee said out of anger.
    She arrived back to their place and laid down on her bed.

    “If she doesn’t exist I don’t even have to deal with all these nonsense,” Yunho said, walking to the Jung’s Palace.

    Jaejoong arrived back at his room, opened up his book and sat down at the couch to read.
    Hei-Ryung got to the Kim’s Palace she saw a maid passed by and asked, “May you show me where the kitchen in here is?”
    “Sure Princess Hei-Ryung,” the maid smiled. Hei-Ryung was so not used to the name-calling thing.
    Hei-Ryung followed her to the kitchen. Earlier when Hei-Ryung happened to peek at Jaejoong, he didn’t eat much so she wanted to make something for him to eat.
    “Thanks,” Hei-Ryung thanked the maid and she left. She dig for the stuffs she need and prepared something quick and good to eat at night. She decided to make some chicken soup. So he won’t have to wait until it’s all to digest to sleep.
    She brought the tray over to Jaejoong’s room after she’s done cooking. It may seems weird that she’s acting like a housewife already but somehow she thought she had to do it. She knocked on the door then went in.
    “What are you doing in here?” Jaejoong asked, putting down his book, and sending some shiver down Hei-Ryung’s body. Why did he sounded so cold?
    “Um…earlier I saw you didn’t eat much so I made you some soup,” she walked over and sat it a the table far from him.    
    “You can bring it over. I’m not gonna bite,” Jaejoong said.
    She picked up the tray and headed over to where he’s at. She sat it down to the table next to him.
    “I’ll leave now,” she turned around and left to her side.
    Jaejoong looked at the bowl and smell the scent giving off from the liquid in the bowl then he went back and looked at his book.
    Hei-Ryung got to her side and went straight to bed. She peeked over and Jaejoong was still reading his book, the tray looked untouched. She cover herself again, hoping he’ll eat it.
    Jaejoong looked over to Hei-Ryung’s side and found the figure laying down on the bed, like she’s deep asleep. He set his book down and grab the bowl and start eating.
    Hei-Ryung peeked again and found him holding onto the bowl, eating, she smiled and covered herself with her blanket and feel asleep.