Reaching There

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

    “Please let me go…just this one time…please,” Cho-Hee begged with tears in her eyes.
    “I’m sorry please head back inside the ceremony is about to start,” the servant said.
    “Please…,” Cho-Hee begged but the servant’s answer was the same.
    She slowly sunk down to the down staring at the floor, now she lost her chance once again. He’ll be gone forever now.    

    Sun-Hee knew she had less time to complete her mission but as she ran, the road seemed endlessly.
    “Sun-Hee…slow down it’s dangerous…,” Hoya yelled from behind following her through all the cuts she’s making through the middle of the roads while cars were passing by. There was no time for Sun-Hee to wait. Time was not waiting for her. Keeping his eyes on her, he was careless to look out for the cars on his way. Dodging all the cars coming he was getting closer to her but she was only going further away.
    “Sun-Hee….,” he called once again but her focus was only to run forward.

    Cho-Hee stared at the ground as tears slowly escape her eyes. The next second, she looked up to the honk of a car coming right up. The car pulled up in front and rolled down the passenger’s window, “Cho-Hee get in,” Sunggyu yelled from inside. The servant looked at the car and Cho-Hee dashed forward, the guard wasn’t fast enough to stop her. She pulled the door opened and Sunggyu stepped on the gas pedal before the guard was able to catch them.
    “To where…?”
    “Seoul International Airport,” her breath was heavy.
    Sunggyu didn’t look at her but look into the roads and stepping on his gas pedal. Cho-Hee crossed her fingers hoping she’ll make it on time.

    As the car passed, Sun-Hee finally reached the entrance after the horrible endless route. But when she arrived, the guards were back to guarding, blocking her way.
    “Please…let me in,” Sun-Hee was trying to break through their hands.
    “Please return.”
    “No I can’t I have something important to say, to get done before it’s too late,” Sun-Hee said.
    Hoya came from behind and quickly broke the guards’ block and punch them down to the ground.
    “Go Sun-Hee…,” he told her and watched out for the guards. He ran after her as more guards came to her way.

    The music was playing and everyone was standing up to greet the king and queens. Slowly the king and queens walked to their spot and the music stopped.
    “Greeting everyone…today is another special day in this year again. My oldest son, Jaejoong will be marry with Jessica, King of North Korea’s daughter. Tying these two together, let’s hope for peace and success for both countries in the future. Now may we let the ceremony begin,” the king announced and took his seat again. The music was once play as the door open for Prince Jaejoong to enter. Sun-Hee could hear the music playing and followed the sound. She knows that as each time the music played and stopped the ceremony is going by. She tried her best to dodged any guards blocking her way and so far she’s done a great job in doing so. Jaejoong had finished his entrance walked and now up on the stage waiting for his bride. As the music played again, Sun-Hee’s heart was beating her hands were sweating, knowing she’ll make it; she’ll be able to do it for Hei-Ryung. The door opened as the bride entered and slowly took her time walking up the aisle with a huge smile on her face. She gripped tightly onto the banquet of flower in her hand, it was what she had always wanted and in a couple minute it’ll be hers forever.
    
    Cho-Hee stared out the window and as the car swiftly passed through each cars, each objects. Sunggyu was going at the highest speed he could. At times, he would glanced over and peeked at her. He could tell that she was worried. He didn’t know why he had helped her. When he saw her down to the ground with her tears dripping, all he wanted to do was bring the smile back to her face, though when he met her for the first time till now he barely seen her smile beside a frown with a disappointed face.

    Jessica had finally approach Jaejoong and now was next to his side. Jaejoong let out a low sigh as they turned to face each other. Jaejoong was indeed handsome in his suit standing on stage. Just the perfect guy that a girl like Jessica would have been waiting for. Through her veil, Jaejoong could tell that her face was full of excitement, full of happiness. Memories started to flashed back when it was Hei-Ryung and his wedding day. Though Hei-Ryung didn’t have a smile on her, she was as beautiful as a blooming rose. His thoughts were interrupted by the preacher calling out for everyone. Right when he opened his book, the door was forced opened. There stand a heavily breathing Sun-Hee, trying to catch her breath when everyone shifted their attention to her. She looked up and saw everyone’s eyes glued onto her. She knew why she was there, but the moment she looked up she already spotted Junsu standing up and staring at her. She ignored her thoughts and looked up to where Jaejoong and Jessica was standing.
    “Sun-Hee…,” Jae-Hwa stood up, why did she suddenly appear?
    “Please stop…,” she said focusing on the reason why she’s once again stepping on ground she decided to leave.
    “Jaejoong you have to listen to me…,” Sun-Hee said. Jaejoong turned away from Jessica and faced Sun-Hee.
    “You can’t marry her. You have to take responsibility for the child in Hei-Ryung,” everyone was at shocked mode and started to whispered to each other.
    “Stop the nonsense, please take her out,” King of North Korea stood up and commanded. Jessica was up there clueless biting her lips afraid of what will happen.

    “Stop…,” Jaejoong yelled, he was astonished by the sudden news. He headed down to ask for clarification. Jessica dropped her flowers and grabbed onto his arm. Jaejoong quickly pulled it back ignoring her like it was an invisible object. He walked toward Sun-Hee and grabbed onto her two arms, “Say it again.”
    “Hei-Ryung is carrying your child.”
    “Where…where is she right now?”
    Sun-Hee waited after his shook to tell him the place and right before she even finish her last word he dashed off. Hoya finally arrived as Jaejoong rushed passed him shoulder by shoulder.
    “Let’s go…,” she grabbed onto Hoya’s arm. Hoya looked up and saw someone behind her and he knew who it was. It look exactly like the one Sun-Hee always stopped for and stared before they head on to work. Sun-Hee turned to looked at what’s taking Hoya so long and met eyes with Junsu for a moment when she looked up.
    “Let’s go…,” Hoya grabbed onto Sun-Hee’s hand and dragged her out.
    “Stop right there…,” King of North Korea demanded. Hoya stopped for a second then ignored it, continuing to dragged Sun-Hee out.
    “Capture them now,” the ordered echoed throughout the whole room. Jessica fell onto the floor with tears dripping down her cheeks.
    “Come…,” before Hoya could finished his line Junsu was fast enough to grabbed onto Sun-Hee and dashed out the door before the guards came. Hoya just stared in shocked. Sun-Hee stared at Hoya as she slide passed him in Junsu’s hand breaking the connection Hoya and she had.
    As soon as they were gone from Hoya’s sight, the guards were all over Hoya.
    “Hoya…,” Sun-Hee’s voice was echoing from far away but soon it was silence. Jae-Hwa watched as the guards took Hoya away. Everything was chaos maids were running around trying to get Jessica out and guards were everywhere trying to catch the two that escape.
    
    “Princess Jae-Hwa, Ayumi is crying nonstop…,” a maid ran inside to the chaotic place and gave Jae-Hwa the news. Jae-Hwa immediately left the place and head over to her child.

    “I can only send you to here,” Sunggyu park his car in the front.
    “Thanks Sunggyu…thanks for everything.”
    “Go before you miss his flight,” Sunggyu smiled at her. She gave a quick smile and jumped out of the car rushing inside. As soon as her presence is gone, there was no point of staying. Cho-Hee entered inside and stopped to look around. It was huge, plenty of people were there.
    “Last call for the trip to America. Please check in, the plane will leave in a minute,” as soon as the voice stopped Cho-Hee ran all over the place, but there was no sign of Yunho. But still she didn’t give up, she kept on going though she was only going over and over the same spot. It was better than just to stand and do nothing. She stopped and catch her breathe before going for the third around.
    “Where are you Yunho?” she looked from side to side but there was no one like him.
    “Please don’t go…please just let me say something to you first…please,” but her wish was not heard.
    She finally stop and gave up, too much time had passed already. He’s for sure now gone. She couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. Even if everyone around her thinks she crazy, let them be cause they don’t know how miserable she is right now. She turned toward the exist, now she could finally live the life she always had wanted. A life without Yunho, the man that she never wanted to stay by. Slowly walking toward the door her tears dropped each step.

    Jae-Hwa had finally arrived at the place where she had left her child with the maids. Never once since Ayumi was born she had cried like that. When Jae-Hwa appeared at the door, Ayumi was already in Changmin’s arm. He was slowly rocking her back and forth. Ayumi seemed to had fallen asleep by now. Changmin spotted Jae-Hwa and gently handed the child over to the maid on the side and left. Jae-Hwa ran in front of him and blocked his way. She wasn’t sure how long he’s going to stay mad at her. She knows that she had done the wrong thing but it was only for his good.
    “Changmin…”
    “I don’t want to hear anything…,” he didn’t even look at her and just step aside and left. Jae-Hwa quickly grabbed onto his arm. He stopped but then shrugged her touch off and left. She stared at his back slowly disappearing with tears in her eyes. He was never like this to her even in the days that he was forced to marry her. 

    Jaejoong got in his car and rushed over to the place Sun-Hee told him. By now he was half was half way there. He could careless of the speed limit and the cars in font of him. He have business to take care of.
    
    Junsu dragged Sun-Hee and him out. The guards were tired by now. They tried over and over to block anyone’s way but at last they all were just threaten to be punished. So this round they just let them through without hesitating. Junsu shoved Sun-Hee into the passenger side and got into the driver side and drove off.
    “Wait, Hoya‘s still…?” with her mentioning about another guy he just speed up causing her to fall forward.
    She quickly blocked herself from swinging forward and pulled her seatbelt on. She stared out the window didn’t want to look at him, her mind was now on Hoya. All his strength and life risking to help her, now she repay him by leaving him alone in the dark.

    Along the way out, something caught her eyes. Her glittering eyes spotted something…familiar. She slowly turned and founded someone sitting down with a hat and sunglass on holding onto a pack of paper. Could it be him? Without thinking, she slowly turned toward the person. He stood up and grabbed onto his stuff. The shinning piece of jewelry on his finger was reflecting light to her eyes. But then carefully examining the piece of spark, it was the ring the ring that they both had selected that day. She knows for sure that that ring was the ring…without a second doubt she ran over. He was walking away when Cho-Hee randomly went up to him and embraced him from the back.
    “Please don’t go…,” she said.
    “I’m sorry miss but you may have…”
    “No…please stop don’t push me away.”
    “I’m sorry but you may have mistaken…”
    “Are you really…really leaving me?”
    “Sorry but may you please let go of me it’s time for my flight,” he said.
    “Why? Why…are you leaving me?”
    Without saying anything, he unclasped the hands around his waist and walked forward. She ran in front of him and stared at his face that was cover with the shade. For sure it’s him. Tears were dripping down her eyes…does he really not know her anymore?
    “Are you really going to leave me?” there was no answer but the sound of her hard breathing from crying.

    “Hei-Ryung please don’t move around it’s dangerous,” Young-Hun said.
    “B-but I can’t…,” her mind was going crazy at the thought that it’s his wedding today. 
    Young-Hun walked up to her and grabbed onto her, “Calm yourself down.”
    Hei-Ryung hold onto Young-Hun’s hand and squeeze it tightly, “Are you okay?”
    He read her face and it was fully of pain.
    “It hurts,” she said as her legs were getting weaker.
    “Hei-Ryung. Hei-Ryung are you okay?” Young-Hun wasn’t exactly sure what was happening now.
    “My stomach hurt…awh…,” Hei-Ryung was clinging tightly to Young-Hun. Liquids were now dripping down her legs.
    “Hei-Ryung…don’t tell me it’s…it’s,” Young-Hun was shocked he was never involved in such incident.
    “I’ll…I’ll take you to the hospital,” Young-Hun said as their door was smash open.
    “Hei-Ryung!”
    Hei-Ryung looked up to the voice she heard, she wasn’t hearing things right?
    “What’s happening?” he asked rushing towards her.
    “Take her…take her to the hospital right now,” Young-Hun said. He quickly went to replaced Young-Hun’s place.
    “J-jae-jaejoong,” Hei-Ryung mumbled smelling the sense she once smell.
    “I’m here you’ll be fine. Don’t worry. You’ll be fine,” in no time Hei-Ryung was in the car with Young-Hun in the back taking care of her while Jaejoong drive.
    Soon she was rushed to the delivery room, “Sorry but this might be really risky. She’s really weak now and there might be a problem with both the mother and child along the way,” the doctor announced after a quick examine on Hei-Ryung. Her stressed the pass few days was really building on her so it was causing her to have a hard time.
    “I’ll be fine…,” she mumbled, could barely focus to what they were talking about.
    Jaejoong walked over to her and grabbed her hand.
    “I’ll be fine,” she assured him with her eyes barely open.
    Jaejoong turned to look at the doctor and nod, trusting his wife will make it.
    “We’ll start then,” the doctor said as everyone prepare.

    Junsu soon came to a stop.
    “Thanks…,” Sun-Hee unclasped her belt and reach for the lever.
    Junsu pressed the locked button and she stopped after hearing the sound.
    “I have to go.”
    He didn’t say anything.
    “I’ll take you…” was all he can offer. Though he was happy to see her again he was sad at the same time.
    She knew it would be faster if she let him take her so she didn’t hesitate, “Just go I’ll tell you.”

    Cho-Hee was still staring at the stranger’s face. There wasn’t much she could do now since he doesn’t even claimed to know her anymore. She dashed forward and hugged him. Her arm securing his waist line. Her sobbing was now clearly heard.