Wedding Day

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

    “Nervous?” Hei-Ryung asked Jae-Hwa when Hei-Ryung saw her holding her hands together, tightly. Cho-Hee and Sun-Hee looked over.
    “Kind of,” she honestly answered. She has no clue what’s going to be ahead of her after the moment she steps out of the room.
    “It’ll be okay we are all here,” Sun-Hee told her sisters.
    “I believe so,” Hei-Ryung second Sun-Hee.
    “We all will be okay,” Cho-Hee assured them.
    “Excuse me,” a maid came in and bowed before them, “there are some here to see you guys,” she lift up her head as she move away from the door and two woman walked in.
    “Mom,” the four sisters said all at once, once the woman appeared in front of their eyes.
    “Surprise,” the young lady behind the woman said stretching her arms out into the air.
    “Eun-Mi,” they said again. They looked at each other, “Are we dreaming?” Cho-Hee asked.
    “Are we?” Jae-Hwa asked.
    “No you’re not,” Eun-Mi ran up to them and hugged them all.
    The older woman looked at her daughters one by one before approaching them any further.
    “Come on mom. You said that you missed them and you are worried about them,” Eun-Mi gestured her head for her mom to come over.
    The five sisters looked at their mom while she slowly walked over, “Honey…”
    “Mom…,” Cho-Hee and Jae-Hwa, the two younger one dashed over and hugged their mom. Trying to refill all the long lost warmness.
    “Honey how are you guys?”
    They pulled away, “We’re fine mom,” they move out of the way for their mom to reach out for Sun-Hee and Hei-Ryung.
    “How have you two been? Is it hard on you two?”
    “We’re fine,” Sun-Hee assured the worried mother.
    “Okay let’s all have a group hug then,” Eun-Mi said as they smiled at each other and embraced each other building up their hungriness for each other.
    “Where’s dad?” Cho-Hee sudden realizes that the father wasn’t there.
    “Oh…daddy is talking to the king,” Eun-Mi said, “By the way, where are my brothers-in-law.
    Cho-Hee looked at her, and then Jae-Hwa said, “Do you miss us or do you want to see them?”
    “I’m just curious. Of course I miss you guys more,” Eun-Mi said.
    “Here let me help you guys fix your hanbok,” the mother said as she start fixing her oldest daughter’s hanbok.
    “So how have you guys been?” Eun-Mi asked the two younger sisters.
    “We’re fine how about you?” Cho-Hee answered for both of them.
    “Only fine? Shouldn’t you feel tremendously good,” Eun-Mi said.
    “Why?” Jae-Hwa asked.
    “Because you’re in the palace with the princes.”
    “Really should we feel like we’re in heaven them?” Cho-Hee sarcastically asked.
    “Yes.”
    “We’ll it’s the opposite,” Cho-Hee said.
    “What do you mean?” the mother looked at her worriedly as Eun-Mi stare with curiosity as well.
    “She’s just saying that because she missed you guys,” Hei-Ryung said.
    “Yeah she been complaining about to come home,” Jae-Hwa added in.
    “Don’t worry we’re fine here. How about you guys? How’s the farm and animals?”
    “It’s all fine. But we just misses you guys as well,” their mother answered, feeling a bit relieve now.
    “Anyways how did you guys know or came here?” Cho-Hee changed the topic, feeling guilty for speaking what she just did.
    “Oh…a week ago the king, himself had called at home and asked for mom and dad so dad and him talked,” Eun-Mi explained, “and after dad told us that you guys were getting married. We were very shocked, but them dad told us that the king wanted you guys because of the accident and he believe you guys will make a great couple and the princes will learn a lot from you guys but then he wanted us to come today so here we are.”
    “Oh…,” was all what they can say. Their mom continues fixing their dresses.
    “Hello my darling,” came a voice. They all turned and look, “Dad.”
    Cho-Hee and Jae-Hwa were the first one to run over and hug him.
    “How have you been my darling?”
    “Just missing you guys,’ Jae-Hwa answered this time. The dad walked over and hugs Sun-Hee then Hei-Ryung.
    “So…,” they were all quiet for a second as Eun-Mi break the silence, “What should we talk about?”
    “The Queens are here,” the servants announced. They all immediately got up and wait.
    “Good morning everyone,” Queen Kim speak.
    They all bowed and the father speak up, “Good morning your highness.”
    “You don’t have to be so formal. We are all gonna be a family afterward,” Queen Kim as they all smile.
    “We just came to check on how everything,” Queen Kym said.
    “Are you guys ready?” Queen Jung asked.
    “Not quite yet but soon,” the mother answered, still wants to fix a bit here and there.
    “Okay then we’ll see you guys soon. And welcome Mr. and Mrs. Han. A this girl…,” Queen Kim said.
    “Oh…greeting I’m Han Eun-Mi their sisters,” Eun-Mi introduce themselves.
    “Nice meeting you,” Queen Kim said.
    “Well see you in a bit then we’ll take our leave,” Queen Shim concludes their arrival and they left.

    “Honey how are you guys doing?” Queen Kim asked Jaejoong and his brother as the queens entered. The princes turned to their mom and greeted them. Each mother went to her son.
    “Honey do you remember about this ring?” Queen Kim asked handing Jaejoong a case.
    “The ring dad gave me when I was born,” Jaejoong said remembering about the ring he use to wear when he was small, but now it doesn’t fit him anymore so his mom just kept it for him.
    “And this,” Queen Kim handed Jaejoong another ring case.
    “What is this?” Jaejoong asked, not knowing what else he receives at his earlier age.
    “Go ahead open it,” he slowly open the case as it reveal a ring.
    “Mom this is your ring?”
    “Yes Jaejoong this is my ring for the king-to-be's wife. So since you are taking on the name I’m handing it over to you and your wife so take good care of it,” Queen Kim said.
    “Okay mom. I’ll take good care of it.”
    “You can give it to Hei-Ryung whenever you like, you can even give both of the rings for her to keep.”

    “Junsu, honey. You seem to be in a good mood today,” Queen Kym guessed by his expression.
    “I’m just happy, mom,” he answered honestly.
    “Well, I’m happy that you are happy. And happy to see that my son is finally having his own life with the one he loved.”
    “Thank mom. For being my mom,” he said.
    “Understand honey, here,” Queen Kym handed out a case.
    “What is it?” he asked as he grabbed it and open it finding the necklace he wore when he was at his younger age.
    “You’re finally having your life now. Now you can keep it and pass it down for your own kids. You can give it for Sun-Hee to keep it for you.”    
    “Thank again mom,” he kissed his mom’s cheek.
       
    “Yunho, sweetie how are you today?” Queen Jung asked.
    “I’m fine mom. How about you?” Yunho asked.
    “I’m fine. Remember this?” Queen Jung pulled out a bracelet that Yunho is familiar with.
    “My bracelet. Why are you taking it out?”
    “Yunho, I’m no longer the one keeping it for you. Now you have someone special to keep it for you.”
    “Yeah like I’ll let her keep it.”
    “Yunho don’t talk like that. No matter what she’s going to be your wife.”
    “Okay. Understand,” he grabbed the case with the necklace in it.
    
     “Changmin, sweetie. Anything bothering you?” Queen Shim could read off her son face that he doesn’t seem too happy.
    “Nothing mom I’m fine how about you?”
    “Don’t worry about me honey I’m fine. You should smile a bit it’s our wedding day.”
    “Understand.”
    “Here,” Queen Shim pulled out a case for Changmin. He grabbed it from his mom and opens it.
    “My bracelet,” he looked up to his mom.
    “Yes your bracelet honey. Now you go on and give it to your wife and you can give it to your kids later in life.”
    “Okay,” he answered even thought that’s not what his heart said.
    
    It wasn’t long until the traditional ceremony start. It was real busy and such a bit parade for everyone to see. The one that wasn’t able to attend, was at home watching it on TV or online. After the crazy, humongous traditional wedding ceremony was done the brides and grooms were brought to change their outfits, getting ready for their modernize wedding. After the long ceremony, it was close to about five o’clock already. So the vows exchanging will take probably another few hours and then everyone will be enjoying the rest of the party having fun.
    
    Eun-Mi was in the room helping her sisters putting on the dress that they had chosen.
    “Anything wrong?” Sun-Hee asked Eun-Mi.
    “Huh…I was expecting to see my brothers-in-law but it was so crazy so I didn’t even get to see them up close,” she whined.
    “Is that all that you sad or mad about?” Cho-Hee asked.
    Eun-Mi nodded childishly.
    “You little girl. Don’t worry you’ll get to see them,” Hei-Ryung tried to cheer her up.
    “Of course I’ll get to see them. This is not the last time. I believe they must be very nice and handsome.”
    “Yeah really nice,” Cho-Hee said with a disgust face.
    “And handsome too,” Jae-Hwa half-heartedly said. 
    “Okay enough. Let’s finish you guys up,” Eun-Mi said as she looked through each one of her sisters in their wedding gown, “and saying you guys look gorgeous. Really my sisters.”
    “Thanks,” they all said looking at each others.
    “Here let me help you guys out,” Eun-Mi check each one of them out and make sure they are all set and ready to go.

    “Yah are you guys ready?” Yuchun asked his brothers. They were done dressing quite a bit ago. It didn’t really take them that long just to change and fix here and there.
    “I can’t wait to go see them,” Yuchun said and his brother knew exactly whom he’s referring to.
    “You can just walk over to their room and look at them,” Yunho stated.
    “I know but I want it to be a surprise looking at them too.”
    “There’s no surprise,” Changmin thought.
    “Oh…I bet you she’ll look beautifully,” Junsu think of his girl. Jaejoong was neutral. He’ll just wait and see.
    
       “I heard that since there is four of you guys getting married then dad will be escorting each one of you out each time,” Eun-Mi said.
    “We all could just go out the same time. No difference,” Cho-Hee stated.
    “I want my time to shine too,” Jae-Hwa joked.
    “Oh…I see how it’s like,” Cho-Hee said.    
    “What about me? When will it be my time?” Eun-Mi asked to add in the fun. Sun-Hee and Hei-Ryung just sit there smiling about their younger sisters.
    “Okay girls enough joking and laughing,” Mr. Han walked in.
    “Oh…hi daddy,” Eun-Mi said.    
    “So the first one for me to bring out and my lovely daughter Hei-Ryung since she’s marring the oldest prince follow by Sun-Hee, Cho-Hee, then Jae-Hwa.”
    “Dad,” Eun-Mi called and everyone looked at her, “you forgot about me.”
    “I’ll save you for later,” the dad joked.    
    “It’s okay I’m the youngest one I should be save for a better time,” Eun-Mi made faces to her sisters telling them she’s better.”
    “Okay well see about that,” Hei-Ryung joked.    
    “Hey,” Eun-Mi pouted. Didn’t know why all of her family members are going against her.    
    “Well girl you girl have cam a long way and now you are setting for your life so I want to wish the best for each and one of you to live a happy life.”
    The four sisters went to hug their dad and the left out one went to hug them all as well.

    It was finally time for Mr. Han to bring his daughter. It exchanging vows will be held in one of the decorated room set for wedding plans. Then later everyone will be removed to the ballroom for the rest of the nighttime. The princes were all up on stage in the room ready, standing in their position waiting for their brides to show up. Yuchun was sitting with his parent on the side. While everyone else was down sitting on the benches.

    “Honey are you ready?” Mr. Han grabbed onto Hei-Ryung’s hand and put it around his arm.
    “Dad honestly I’m a bit scare,” Hei-Ryung finally reveal her feeling throughout the whole time. Since the first day that they entered the palace till now she was nervous all along, but what can she do? Just hold it inside and hope for the best.
    “You’ll be fine honey. Now hold onto me and well be out,” the sisters wished her the best and after the music was played the father escorted his daughter out to the room where he’ll hand her to another man’s hand.

    
    She carefully walks in her dress as her heart constantly beat. She keeps herself calm and continues to walk till they reached up the stage. Jaejoong eyes were landed on her the moment she steps to the isle walking up to him. He couldn’t really see her. Her veil was blocking her face and she was facing down anyways. But judging from her wedding gown and looking at her, she looks gorgeous. Even Yuchun had his eyes open widely, but he knew it would happen already.
    Jaejoong didn’t know how to tell and say about what he feels like right now. He didn’t know if that’s what he wanted or just that he---
    They reached at their destination and the father handed his daughter over to Jaejoong. She was so scare at first but once her hand landed on Jaejoong. She felt the warmness and safeness holding onto his hand. She looked down still, she wasn’t so sure to look up to his face yet. Even though he kept his eyes on her after he thank the father.
    
    As Mr. Han went back and escorted Sun-Hee. Sun-Hee didn’t feel like she was doing the right thing. She wanted to back out. She felt like she’s is just jailing herself and her sisters from taking the path they are now. As her dad put her hand around his, she felt like taking it back and tell his dad to take them all home and out of the place.
    “Ready sweetie,” Mr. Han asked. She felt like taking a step back, but she knew it would worry her dad so she just nodded.
    After the music was played, they step out to the isle and started walking. Sun-Hee felt her heart beating as she looked down and walk. She felt like she still has the time to back out before they reached her final point. She wanted to stop walking right when before they reached the stair. She took a quick glance over to his dad and she could see the smile on his face and wondered how it would be after she stops walking.
    Junsu’s heart was beating twice as much as Sun-Hee is. She looks indeed beautifully in that wedding gown.
 He was so happy to see her when she appeared, but he seem like he could felt some doubt-ness in himself. He felt like she wasn’t happy as he looked at her walking up, but he still kept his smile.
    Sun-Hee looked up when she felt her hand removed from his dad arm and meet eyes with Junsu. She immediately looked back down. Did she really decide to take that path?
    After Junsu grabbed onto Sun-Hee hand he bowed to the father and smile to her. She looked down not wanting to look up to her nightmares.
    
    “Okay here you go Cho-Hee. The fun begin from here,” Cho-Hee tried to clam herself down with her purpose and her positive thoughts.
    “Okay Cho-Hee,” Mr. Han grabbed onto her hand and wrapped around his arm.
    “Honey are you okay?” Mr. Han asked feeling the tighten grip on his arm.
    “I’m fine.”
    After the music was played, they walked out. It was much crazier than how she thought it would’ve been. She knew her purpose for standing in that isle walking up to her enemy. She must continue even if butterflies develop in her stomach.
    Yunho was waiting, as the others were as well just that he didn’t really care at the thought of his bride appearing. Even though he had to admit that somewhat she does look nice in that gown.
    Even though she seems the toughest out of her sisters she is scare at times, especially at this moments walking up to someone who she don’t know how her life will be like.
    Thoughts running through her minds, distracting her set her mind off the scary-ness of walking up there. By the time she knows her dad is hand her over already. Now her hand is in Yunho, and her dad is walking off. She continues to looked down and get her facial expression set before looking up to him.
    
    It was finally the last one and Jae-Hwa’s heart was beating. She hates the fact of being next to that one particular person now. She hates his eyes his everything almost to his guts. Everything time when she with him he only say negative stuffs that makes her feel useless, but she knew she didn’t chose the wrong guy. She was nervous and scare but still have the happy feeling somewhat.    
    Her dad reached out to her and after the music was played, her dad escorted her out. Her heart beats faster at each step, wondering how Changmin would feel about her. The nervous feeling in her start to take over her as she think more and more about her and him.
    Changmin was standing up there with no expression but somehow had a face with others can still say he was happy. He was like on Yunho’s side, didn’t really care at her appearing. It was just something that his parent and she agree to. He never did say that he wanted it in the first place, but as he look at her he get this feeling that maybe she won’t be as bad as he thought she would be. She somewhat do look nice and cute in her own way. Maybe just not the one to catch his eyes.
    Jae-Hwa kept her head hung down low until she felt her hand in someone else’s hand. She moves her head up a bit but then not fully to make eye contact.

    The grooms and brides were now facing each other and ready for the vows to be read. The vows were to be exchanged first then exchanging the ring will come after since there were four couples.
    When the vows were asked to Jaejoong and Hei-Ryung. Jaejoong answered and Hei-Ryung hesitates for a second but then answered.
    Junsu answered right away when he was asked but then Sun-Hee took quite some times to answer making the crowd chit chat a bit but then she ended up answering. It scared Junsu’s a bit thinking she would back down the last minute but then he smile after she gave in her answer.
 Yunho and Cho-Hee are fill with anger for each other and they answered out of anger.
    Changmin answered like how he would usually do to any question ask. His tone of answering made Jae-Hwa’s heart jumped. He sounded like he wished he never ever had met her not even wanting to look at her. After hearing his tone of answering, she answered out of anger even though she knew clearly her heart will be hurt afterward.
    Afterwards they exchanged rings. “And now you may kiss the bride.”
    Jaejoong opened removed the veil covering Hei-Ryung’s face and lean in to kiss the corner of her lip. He had a clear view of her now and he could she how gorgeous she looks.    
    Junsu removed the veil blocking Sun-Hee and kissed her on the corner of her lip as well. Junsu heart jumped a bit when he saw Sun-Hee’s face after pecking her lip. She indeed looks stunning.
    Yunho removed the veil and lean in to kiss her cheeks she move back a bit. It barely touches her. He could she the lovely face in front of him at a state of unwillingness, which made him wanting to smirk, testing her out.
    Changmin removed the veil covering Jae-Hwa and lean in to kiss her. He aimed for her cheek just to make sure he done his job but then he lean in and it was just his nose that touches her cheek. Jae-Hwa had a sense of disappointment in her, not because she didn’t kiss her but because he made her feel like she was nothing to him. He looked at her afterwards and he could tell that she was quite sad, you can sad, he’s not exactly sure how to describe it. However, she does look adorable in her gown, just a compliment.
    
    After everything was set, everyone was shift into the main ballroom for the fun of tonight. It was around seven o’clock already. The princes and princesses were set to open the dance floor tonight. The princes each grabbed their partner and went out to the dance floor.
    “Are you tired yet?” Junsu asked with concerned seeing the tired expression from the gorgeous lady in front of him.
    She just shook her head left to right.   
    “Are you not happy?” She didn’t answer because the answered was yes.
    He pulled her in, “If you’re tired you can rest your head on my shoulder.”
    “I’m fine,” she said. He moved his hand and reached further to her waist pulling in her closer. She just let him do whatever because she hesitate this far already. What can she do?
    
    “Just commenting, you look nice today,” Jaejoong said, looking away. Her heart skips a beat before speaking back, “So do you,” was the phrase that came to her mind.
    He was silent afterward not sure what to speak next. He didn’t think it would be that hard just to be married and have a life. She was looking down trying to hide her rosy cheek after the compliment. She never really can figure out what kind of person he is. Maybe because he changes too much in front of her. Is it because she’s not someone he will express his feeling or hard times to?

    As Yunho and Cho-Hee dance, she keeps on pulling back, trying to distance her self from him. He could tell that she didn’t like it so he pulled her in close to her. She looked up when he kept on pulling her in.
    “What are you doing?”
    “Dancing with my wife. Is that a problem?”
    “No but being too near is a problem.”
    “No it’s not. Oh…I see,” he bent down and whisper to her ear, “well let see about tonight then.”
    She stops dancing and look at him. He smirks in returned.
    “You’ll see,” she said as they continue to dance.

    Changmin and Jae-Hwa are dancing very awkwardly. She was very sad at what happened earlier or each time she thinks about him. He wasn’t sure how to feel. He’s always quiet and don’t express much. She hates the feeling of feeling like she nothing, as if she is just not matter. She feel so bad that why did she not like someone else beside him. Someone else that has feeling, emotion, or at least that knows how to speak. She wondered how living with him will be like. Will she be hurt everyday?

    Eun-Mi was having fun eating all the food she can. The scene before her was very pretty as well. She took a quick glance over at her sisters dancing then focuses on the delicious foods before her.
    She was looking through the food to find the one that suit her liking.
    “I’m sorry,” Eun-Mi apologized when she bumped into someone.
    “Who are you to bump into me like that? Don’t you have eyes?” the girls crossed her arms before Eun-Mi. Eun-Mi looked and it wasn’t only her it was abut five of them.          
    “I’m really sorry I didn’t see you,” Eun-Mi said.
    “Sorry isn’t enough,” the girl said.
    “What do you want me to do then?”
    “You ask for yourself,” the girl said.
    “Grab one glass of wine and pour it over you,” another girl said.
    “Hyun-Ae what are you doing?” came a voice.    
    They all turned to looked including Eun-Mi.
    “Oh…Prince Yuchun,” Hyun-Ae said.
    “What are you doing?”    
    “Oh…we are just talking to her,” another girl replied, friendly.
    “Oh I see you won’t mind if I borrow her then,” Yuchun said and walked up to Eun-Mi and bowed before her, “May I have this dance?”
    Eun-Mi have no clue who he is only hear that he was Prince Yuchun but to escape from the girl she bowed I  returned and left with him leaving the five girls pouting loudly.
    
    “I’m sorry did they hurt you,” Yuchun carefully speak to the girl, didn’t want to scare her.    
    “I-I-I’m okay. Thank you for helping me,” she said blushing when she saw that his eyes were concentrating on her.
    “Sorry if you don’t mind may I ask for your name.”
    “Eun-Mi. Han Eun-Mi,” she quickly said.
    “Eun-Mi. I see,” he smiled, “are you around here? I have not seen you around at all.”
    “I I don’t live here in Seoul. I just came here for my sisters’ wedding.”
    “Your sisters,” he said with shocked eyes.
    “Yeah the one that are marrying to the princes.”
    “You are their sisters?” he asked. How come he never knew?
    “Yes,” she smiled.
    “Well I’m sorry if I haven’t introduced myself properly. I am Park Yuchun, Prince Yuchun, the fourth prince.”
    Eun-Mi widens her eyes after his introducing. A prince dance with her. Earlier she was too scared to care that he was really the prince.
    “I’m sorry if I haven’t introduced myself properly as well,” she said.
    “Oh…no you’re fine. You look as elegant as your sisters.”
    Eun-Mi blushed at the compliment, “Thank you.”
    There were thousands of questions running in his brain, but he didn’t want to ask her. He didn’t want to scare her off in their first meeting.
    
    It wasn’t long until the after party was over. Each couple was brought into their newly wed room. They were given each a cup of wine to drink for their newly life to start blooming. Each parent came and gave their wish for each couple. Yuchun and Eun-Mi was there as well to give each of them their wishes. Afterward the maid locked all rooms, making sure they get to spent their first night and together without distraction.