Apart With A Heavy Heart

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

(Flashback)
    “The exchange for Youngwoong…shouldn’t you know already,” Jessica grinned.
    “Can’t you just be specific?” Yunho was annoyed running out of patience. They been there for so long and what was done was simply, staring.
    “Your brother,” she growled at him.
    “Which one? I have four of them, but if you want Yuchun sorry you told him to stay at home. So you ran out of luck,” Yunho sarcastically said.
    “I should have excluded you too,” Jessica show a sign of annoyance, which Yunho smiled in victory.
    “Fine,” Jaejoong said.
    “Great then as you walked over I’ll hand your son for your brothers to take home,” Jessica smiled. Jaejoong stood up and Yunho pushed him back down.
    “What else to exchange for Youngwoong?” Changmin asked, he knew how it feels like to separate the kid form their parents. 
    “Nothing, but him.”
    “Trust me. I’ll be fine. Hei-Ryung needs Youngwoong,” more than me, Jaejoong finished his thoughts in his head.
    Yunho let go of Jaejoong as he walked over to her. Jessica smiled. When Jaejoong was over at her side she asked, “How can I trust you?”
    “Up to you. I already said I’ll exchange myself for my son. Isn’t that what you want? Isn’t it enough for you?”
    “Fine, but if you dare to run, don’t expect to ever see your son again,” Jessica signaled the men that was holding Youngwoong to handed him over to the brothers on the other side. Junsu was on the edge so he grabbed onto Youngwoong. 
    “Is he Youngwoong?” Yunho asked. Junsu and Changmin nodded. 
    “Tell her that I promise I’ll bring Youngwoong back so she must take good care of him,” Jaejoong told his brothers, “and one last thing…please look after her for me. Look after Hei-Ryung and Youngwoong for me.”  Jessica was glaring with angered, no matter what all he talks about was her and hers son. She grabbed onto Jaejoong’s arm and dragged him away. The three brother knows that once Jaejoong makes a decision no one change it. So they’ll let him leave for now. Sooner or later, he’ll be back.
(End of Flashback)

    Hei-Ryung grabbed onto Youngwoong and sunk down to the ground with tears dripping down her cheeks. She wants them both not only Youngwoong. She doesn’t understand why would he…would only rescue Youngwoong but not himself. Is hers son going to live without a father?
    “Trust me Jaejoong will not stay long with her,” Yuchun said.
    “Why so?” Eun-Mi asked, why did Yuchun have so much hope.
    “This is the first step Jaejoong is taking. After his promise to stay with her, he’ll escape there. Plus she’s too obsessed with him she’ll won’t hurt him. We don’t have to find him he’ll find his way out.” Yuchun made sense. 

    “I will not leave Seoul,” Jaejoong told Jessica as they’re in the car going somewhere.
    “How would I know that you won’t run away?”
    “Up to you, but I won’t leave Seoul,” Jaejoong said. She was to blind by him that she must listen to him, she can’t lose him again.
    “Turn the car around,” Jessica commanded. 
    Jessica reached her hand out, “Phone.”
    He took out his phone from his pocket and handed it to her. She immediately turned the phone off, “there no use for this phone now.”
    Jaejoong stared out he window. Her hands were wrapped around Jaejoong’s arm and leaning her head on his shoulders. 
    ‘This moment won’t last forever,’ Jaejoong knew deep down that it wasn’t right. She doesn’t belong there. 

    The king had already sent his order for the princes to prepare themselves and head over to the military camp the first thing the next morning. They will be there leading and training as long as the war stills exist. The girls were to stay at the palace for safety and ordered not to visit the princes unless it’s a important matter. 

    After the gloomy dinner the four couples had together, they each parted to spend their last night together. Hei-Ryung cling onto Youngwoong tightly, she wouldn’t let him go at all. She was afraid to lose both of them.
    
    “Our last night,” Yuchun said as Eun-Mi and her walked hand in hand towards her place.
    “I guess so. We waste all the time being angry at each other,” Eun-Mi stated.
    “So let’s spend our last night together and closely,” Yuchun pulled her in closer.
    “ You should be getting your rest. You’ll be leaving early tomorrow and training hard.”
    “Staying with you through the night will give me more strength,” Yuchun said as he stopped to hugged her tightly.
    “Awh…,” Eun-Mi winced in pain as Yuchun pressed onto her wounded.
    “Sorry…sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you,” Yuchun apologized checking her arm.
    “It’s fine, just don’t pressed on it,” she warned.
    “Alright since I can’t hug I should…,” he moved toward her.
    “Back off,” she dodged and left him standing there like a lost puppy. Yuchun caught up with her and grabbed onto her hand again.
    “Don’t play around too much while training,’ Eun-Mi warned him.
    “I know.”
    “Don’t you dare play pranks on anyone there.”
    “I know.”
    “Don’t you dare…”
    “touch any girls there,” Yuchun interrupted her and answer himself, “of course I won’t touch anyone when I have a tiger at home already.”
    “Of course you can. There’s no tiger waiting for you,” Eun-Mi said, wanting to punch him, but she knows she’ll be the one ending up with the pain. 
    “Whatever…fine don’t claim me then. Watch you’ll come and look for me,” Yuchun jinxed. 
    “Let’s see then,” she smiled.

    “When you’re there take good care of yourself. Your back isn’t fully cover. Make sure not to lift up anything heavy,” Sun-Hee said as Junsu holds her hand.
    “I understand that you’re worried about me, but no need to. Just take good are of yourself while I’m gone. Okay?” Junsu whispered to her ear sending chills throughout her body.  She nodded and he smile.
    “I know deep down there I’m buried somewhere. It’s slowly showing,” Junsu pulled her into a hug. She knows clearly what he’s talking about and she was happy that it was showing. She lifted up her arms to hug him.
    “Awh…,” she heard him groaned.
    “Are you okay? Did I hurt you?” Sun-Hee jumped with anxious.
    He just stood there smiling at her, “I just wanted to see your expression.”
    Her cheeks heated up as she looked down.
    “It’s getting cold, let me send you back first,” she nodded as happiness wipe across him. He couldn’t help it but smile the whole way to her place.

    “Sadly we won’t see each other,” Yunho said as they walked around in the Jung’s Palace.
    “Why…it won’t be for long,” Cho-Hee said, it’s no big deal.
    “It’s war, Cho-Hee,” Yunho loudly to her.
    “Mr. Yunho can protect himself,” Cho-Hee speaks in the same tone back to him.
    “Can he?” Yunho questioned.
    “Isn’t he a man?” Cho-Hee pretend to think for a second, “Maybe, he’s not.”
    “Then what is he?”
    “Who knows…a…,” Cho-Hee saw how closely Yunho was staring and listening, “never mind.”
    “You wouldn’t dare would you,” he smiled.
    “No just I don’t want to stay with you any longer so…let’s end here,” she waved and walked off.
    “I’m not done,” he pulled her back.
    She pretend to yawn.
    “Yawn one more time and I’ll close that mouth of yours,” Cho-Hee immediately closed and glared at him. 
    “Just take me back,” she asked, nicely.
    “Since you ask politely, let’s go,” he took her back. 

    Changmin and Jae-Hwa were in their daughter’s room together.
    “Take good care of her when I’m not here,” Changmin tuck Ayumi in her bed.
    “Don’t worry. Remember to look after yourself too,” Jae-Hwa said as she stared at her beautiful daughter in the crib.  
    “Let’s go to sleep…before I lose time holding you in my arms,” Changmin said.
    Jae-Hwa playfully hit his arm.
    “Since you said that I want to stay with my daughter today.”
    “But Ayumi said her mommy needs to be with her daddy this night,” Changmin protested.
    “Is she telling you that or are you making it up?” Jae-Hwa raised an eyebrow at him.
    “She’s really telling me it and so does your eyes,” Changmin said staring into her eyes lovingly.
    “I guess I have no choice but to…,” Changmin stood up and picked her up bridal style, “of course you have no choice.” 
    “Set me down before they see us,” Jae-Hwa looked around to see if anyone was around.
    “Let them,” he carried her to their room and set her down on her side.    
    “Night,” she smiled to him.
    “That’s what I get for carrying you all the way here?” Changmin pouted like a little boy. 
    “What are you five? Get to sleep before…”
    “Okay…okay,” he walked over to his side and lay down.
    She felt bad for not returning anything. She turned to is side and saw him lying down peaceful already. She smile and moved over and quickly touched his lips, “Night,” she whispered and move back to her side. Little did she know, a wide smile appeared on his handsome face.

*****************************************

    The couples bid each other goodbyes as the princes got in the limousine and left to the military camp.
(Military camp)  “Greeting,” every solider and general there were in line greeting the princes.
    “No need to be so formal,” Junsu said, “so what’s first on the schedule?”
    “First we’ll take you guys to where you will be staying at. Then a quick tour follow by a quick training for today,” the head general there explained they rest of their day.
    “Great let’s get started then,” Yunho said.

    “Jaejoong it’s time to eat,” Jessica called Jaejoong out of his room. She had taken her somewhere she knew he will be safe, but of course still in Seoul.
    “You can eat first,” he said coldly to her, with no emotion. 
    “You had been like that since we arrive can’t you just look at me and talk to me,” Jessica was running out of patience with him. She had done so much but in returned he treated her with a cold back and hurtful words.
    “Can’t you just…,” Jaejoong had enough of her act.
    “Please leave,” Jessica angrily walked over to the door and slammed it shut. In a minute. Jaejoong could hear the sound of glass breaking and dishes clanking. He let out a loud sigh and wonder about his most missed ones.

    After the quick tour, the princes were out in the field ready for their first training.    
    “First two laps around this field, then climb through five of the five meters tall fences, then under the net two inches off the ground, ending with twenty push-up. Aiming for five rounds and you guys should finished in three hours,” the general finished instructing and sent them off.
    Each of them started running around the huge field as sweats started to form on their faces. As they finished, they stared at the five meter fence and started climbing one by one until all five was done. Taking time to breath, stopping to gasped for a piece of air here and there time seems to run so slow. One round was done as they had to finished another four more completing the same routine over. Training will be such a fun time.  

    Days passed. Training was tough and rough. Honestly, the princes weren’t liking it. And back at the palace the girls had to admit it was plain boring without the guys. Back at the camp, the boys were busy didn’t even have a time to think of who they want to think of. Back at the palace, sitting alone wondering about old memories and having the longing feeling was slowing causing pain for the girls. Hei-Ryung had lived pass many days without any news from how her son’s father was doing. She thought at times she would go crazy sometimes. 
    
    “Hei-Ryung,” she heard some called her name and she knew it was someone familiar. She was in her son’s room. She didn’t want to turned to look, she may be hallucinating. 
    “Hei-Ryung,” she heard it one more time and she just had to looked. She was dying to hear that voice. She turned around and her heart stopped beating for a moment. 

    After days of Jaejoong ignoring her, Jessica was going insane. He wouldn’t come out of the room, wouldn’t talked to her, wouldn’t looked at her. She would sweet talk to him, she would dress completely y and try to seduce him, but he would completely pushed her away. She was so pissed, wanting to kill someone. She stopped visiting Jaejoong for days now. She was trying to pulled herself together or more likely planning of ways to win his heart, make her the only one in his eyes.
    She was able to pulled herself back as she prepared herself in her innocent make-up and clothes. She walked to his room wanting to greet him with the most sweetish voice that she had been practicing so hard for.
     Instead of her sweet voice, it was replaced with a loud shriek, “WHERE‘S MY JAEJOONG?”