Losing Time

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

   Cho-Hee rushed toward the sound she heard wiping away her tears, either in shock, happiness, or anger. When she reached the place she wasn’t suppose to be at, the back of the person was facing her. It is the person that she may be waiting for the time being.
    She stood there slowly breathing trying to catch her breath, trying to come to reality. As she stared with tears dripping down, the body slowly turned. She stood there blinking and her breath went out of control when he was face to face with her. She wasn’t sure whether she was dreaming or not. Why all of sudden he would be there already?
    She watched as he walked toward her. She wanted to reach out, run to him, and hug him but she was holding back thinking it was all her imagination.
    “Cho-Hee…,” Sunggyu called reaching to where the two were standing only a meter apart.
    He smirked at her, “So is this what you had been doing all this time when you were here at my place?”
    Cho-Hee heavily breath, what was he talking about?
    “It’s okay if you hated me but why did you come back and bring another to hug right here when…”
    Cho-Hee didn’t say anything but tried to absorbed in what he just blabbed in her face.
    “Sorry but you have misunderstand…”
    “There’s no need for an explanation, of course she can do whatever she want she’s no longer tie under my name,” he acted coolly as if it was nothing.
    “Of course that’s right,” Cho-Hee said, “I’m no longer tie under your name. now I have the right to talk to anyone I want and especially do anything with anyone if I want to. Come on Sunggyu let’s go back and enjoy our time together before someone interrupted us,” Cho-Hee grabbed onto Sunggyu armed and pulled him back to where they came from.    
    Sunggyu stared at her when as she dragged him. Tears were falling down nonstop down her cheeks as she forcefully pulled him along.
    “Why did you day that?” Sunggyu asked after they arrived at there same spot and she let go of him.
    She just cried and hugged him. Sunggyu embraced her and soothed her.
    
    “Yunho, what did you do?” he stood there clueless of what just had happen. What that suppose to happen? But when he saw her in someone else’s arm he just couldn’t stop the anger inside him. Why did she let such person hug her so easily? He turned back hopelessly, guessing all of her words was just meant for him to wake up so she can leave and live happily with another.

***************************************

    “What’s this Jae-Hwa?” Changmin asked.
    “I just wanted to make you some warm soup,” Jae-Hwa replied with a smile.
    “Thank you,” Changmin grabbed the tray from her and set it down on the low table.
    “Eat with me.”
    “You go ahead and eat first. Let me go get Ayumi first,” Jae-Hwa stood up and left.
    Changmin grabbed the spoon and tried the warm soup that was made by his wife.
    
    “Thanks for cooperating with us,’ the servant thanked Jae-Hwa.
    “No need to thank me,” Jae-Hwa said, holding Ayumi in her hand while looking at the unconscious Changmin.
    “Sorry everyone if we had trouble you guys for the time being. Hope you all will be well,” Jae-Hwa turned to the villager and bowed with respect.
    “Please come back and visit we’ll welcome you guys any time,” Mr. Kwon said.
    “Thanks we’ll be glad to,” Jae-Hwa said and the other bowed and brought Changmin out as she follow.
    She wasn’t sure how he would react like, but she knew that the place they were living was not a place for him.
    As she sat in the car staring over at the sleepy Changmin she wondered would he be mad at her for betraying him.
    She shift her attention to the outside, remembering the first day they were there as the car slowly passed by each spot that they crossed.

    “Do you guys want to go out for some fresh air?” Hoya suggested since the morning they all sat in silence.
    They all shook their head.
    “Want anything to eat?”
    “Let’s go to the store together,” Sun-Hee brought up and pulled him out the door.
    “Young-Hun please take care of Hei-Ryung,” Sun-Hee yelled before she close the door.
    “Is there anything you want to tell me?” Hoya asked, knowing Sun-Hee strange attitude.
    “Would you help me though?” she asked.
    “Is it something that I can do?” he asked curiously.
    Sun-Hee stopped and face Hoya, “tell me.”
    “I want to go stop Jaejoong’s and Jessica’s wedding tomorrow. I want to go tell him about Hei-Ryung’s pregnancy. I want him to have a chance to decide on whether he want to be apart of the family or not. I believe it isn’t right for Hei-Ryung to keep the secret from him. He have the right to know of his child. Plus I don’t want the child to be born without a father by his side when the father is only miles away.”
    “Are you sure that’s the best for Hei-Ryung?”
    Sun-Hee nodded.
    “I’ll go with you if that’s what you wish for,” he smiled.
    “Thanks,” she smiled back, “but I’m not sure what to tell her tomorrow since we don’t work tomorrow.”
    “Just tell her we have extra work, she’ll understand,” Hoya said.
    Sun-Hee nodded, “Thanks Hoya. Thanks for everything.”
    “Shouldn’t we go get something for them?” he said and took the initiative to pulled her hand dragging her toward the market.
    
    “Was this what you guys were aiming for?” Eun-Mi said sitting in the room with the Yuchun and Yunho.
    They remained quiet.
    “You guys really want to annoy Cho-Hee and just make sure she does not have one peaceful time at all huh?”
    “Eun-Mi…,” Yuchun called, her yapping wasn’t helping.
    “I decided to go out of country,” Yunho said.
    “What?” they both yelled at him.
    “I just wanted to take a break,” Yunho said, “everyone here is happy. Dad, mom, you guys are all happy. Changmin and Jae-Hwa are coming back, Jaejoong’s getting marry. I just want to take a break from this chaos.”
    “Why don’t you try to sort thing out with her first?” Yuchun suggested.
    “No need to,” he said, knowing how Cho-Hee is already.
    “Why not? Do you know the reason why she was here all this time?” Eun-Mi yelled at him.
    “I ask mom, she said that she asked for Cho-Hee to stay.”
    “Of course she did but If Cho-Hee hated you do you think she would’ve stay all this time and…”
    “Enough Eun-Mi,” Yuchun said and went up to her pulling her out.
    “If that’s what you think go ahead, but don’t regret it,” Yuchun said, “This may be your second chance,” he successfully dragged her out.

    “Yah Yuchun, why did you let me yelled at your dumb brother until it get through his head,” Eun-mi angrily shouted at him.    
    “It’s best if he realize it by himself rather than always telling him what he should do and not,” he said.
    Eun-Mi calmed down.
    “But, I’m just worry about Jaejoong. I’m not sure if by tomorrow he’ll realize what he’s doing,” Yuchun signed. After Yunho there’s still another.
    “I’m not sure if I should bother Sun-Hee and Hei-Ryung about this. I’m pretty sure they made their decision clear the day they decided to step out form here,” Eun-Mi said.
    “But I don’t think any of my brother did,” Yuchun said.
    “Well if they don’t do anything about it then I guess it’s just their luck,” Eun-Mi said like it was no big deal.

    The car finally reached the palace as Jae-Hwa peeked outside at the place she once lived and now returned to. The door opened as she could see the king and queen waiting.
    Jae-Hwa bowed nine degree, “I’m sorry…”
    Queen Shim walked up to her and pulled her back up, “it’s not your fault,” Jae-Hwa slowly lifted up her head, “Is this my granddaughter?”
    Jae-Hwa smiled as she handed over to her grandmother. The servant carried Changmin out and brought him over to the Shim’s Palace.
    “Thanks Jae-Hwa,” the king thanked her, without her his son would never returned.
    “It was my job to bring him back,” she bowed once again.
    “Let’s all head back in,” Queen Shim said.
    
    On the way in Cho-Hee and Eun-Mi ran up toward Jae-Hwa as they greeted each other. Then slowly turned to bowed to the king and queen.
    “You all can stay and talked to each other, I’ll take care of her,” Queen Shim said.
    “Who is it? Changmin and your child…a girl. What is her name?” Eun-Mi asked out of happiness.
    “Ayumi,” Jae-Hwa simply answered.
    “Awh…how cute,” Eun-Mi and Cho-Hee gathered over at Queen Shim to take a quick glanced at her.
    
    “Welcome back,” Yuchun greeted Jae-Hwa after Queen Shim and the king left.
    “Where’s the other? Jaejoong? Yunho? Junsu?” Jae-Hwa asked.
    “Don’t worry about them, let’s talk about you,” Eun-Mi dragged Jae-Hwa over to her place.
    They sat down and told each other story of what each of them had missed.
    “So what about now…is Yunho better now?” Jae-Hwa asked.
    “He’s fine and…,” Eun-Mi talked but Yuchun cut in.
    “They had a little problem and some things to be sort out. If you guys don’t mind I would like to borrow Eun-Mi for a bit,” Yuchun dragged her out before she had the chance to yelled at him.
    “Cho-Hee don’t tell me that you are still hating on him all this time,” Jae-Hwa asked.
    Cho-Hee was quiet, “Anyways…tomorrow Jaejoong is marrying Jessica and I don’t know what to do cause I know that he’s feeling something for Hei-Ryung but then he’s so stubborn you wouldn’t take back his promise he made with the elder.”
    Jae-Hwa couldn’t tell she was trying to avoid the topic about Yunho.
    “If they are meant to be together then I’m pretty sure the wedding tomorrow will not happen. If it does then I guess Jaejoong was meant for Jessica not Hei-Ryung.”
    “No, that can’t happen I know that Jaejoong will not be happy with her. I can’t go dragged Hei-Ryung here either. If I do then she will know ahead of time because I have no clue to where she is now beside she’s safe with Sun-Hee.”
    “Cho-Hee just don’t think too much if tomorrow it’ll happen no matter what then we’ll do something right there right then.”
    “I guess…I know I’m not the only one opposing their marriage. You should head back and check on Changmin before he wakes up. I’m pretty sure he won’t be so happy,” Cho-Hee suggested.
    ‘Okay then take care,” Jae-Hwa left.

    “Yah Yuchun what was that for?”
    “You’ll stay with me until Yunho successfully leave out of here okay?”
    “So he’s really leaving to where?”
    “Yes but not telling you where.”
    “I should…”
    “No you’re not…we’ll let them do what they want and until last minute if nothing happen then you can in okay?”
    “Yah…are you helping them or separating them?”
    “Hey if it wasn’t because of me then they wouldn’t even know of each other at the very beginning.”
    “Do what you want? I have business to take care of.”    
    Yuchun pulled in Eun-Mi and cupped her face quickly gave her a kiss on her lip, “Your business is to accompany me for the night in my room okay?”    
    “YUCHUN,” she screamed.
    “Another kiss?” Yuchun said, “okay then?” he leaned in and gave her another quick peck on her lips.
    “One more?”
    “Stop it now!” she commanded.
    “If you’re willing to stay by me and not saying anything at all.”
    “Don’t dream of it,” Eun-Mi pushed him and walked away.
    Yuchun pulled her back, “Nope…wrong way,” he dragged her toward Park’s palace.
    
    Jae-Hwa entered the room where they use to sleep at. She looked over at the bed where her husband was sleeping at and it was suppose to be like that. She walked over and sat next to him holding onto his hand.
    In a bit, she could feel his hand moving in hers. She stayed silent and waited for him to be fully conscious and ready to listen to what he’ll say to her.
    “J-j-jae-Hwa…,” Changmin slowly opened his eyes as the dizziness still struck him.
    “How are you feeling?”
    “I don’t know why I’m feeling so dizzy,” he said, trying to shake away his drowsiness.
     Jae-Hwa remained silent not sure what to say.
    As he gain his full conscious he take notice of the different surrounding, “Where are we…” he noticed where he was the place he grew up, “Why are we back in here…?” He had the flashback to where he was eating the soup that Jae-Hwa made.
    “You…,” Changmin angrily looked at her, “Why?”
    “I’m sorry but you know that they only place you belong to is here.”
    “How do you know? How do you know that here is where my happiness is at?”
    “I’m sorry Changmin I just didn’t want to I-I…”
    “Go out…just leave,” he commanded her to go and she slowly walked out with tears swelling up in her eyes. Was she suppose to expected this? And why did the person he trusted the most betray him?

***********************************

    It was finally the day that Jessica had been waiting for. It was another wedding inside the palace, the second time of that year. The servant was traveling in and out of the palace. Everyone was dress up and ready for another suppose to be good but yet horrible day.
    Jae-Hwa was awfully worried about Changmin. Since yesterday he didn’t get out of his room or eat anything. She wasn’t sure how to regain his trust on her again. She wasn’t sure why it was just so difficult.
    Yuchun kept Eun-Mi occupy knowing that Yunho was just still on his way. Cho-Hee was getting herself ready because after the wedding she’s ready to leave the palace and never return again.

    “Hei-Ryung Hoya and I have extra work today so we have to leave early,” Sun-Hee said.
    “I just receive a phone call this morning saying that they needed us so we have to go,” Hoya said apologetically.
    “It’s fine just hurry back,” Hei-Ryung said as they left.
    Hei-Ryung and Young-Hun were both thinking of why all of a sudden there was an emergency of work when there was never a time like that since the time they stared working. But it wasn’t the only thing that occupy her mind she had to keep herself busy and distracted from the fact that it was his wedding today.

    Everything was chaotic. Junsu was forced to come out from his room. Everyone was trying to get Changmin out. Jaejoong was preparing himself. Yuchun was ready and Yunho was preparing himself but sadly not for the wedding. He decided to leave for a trip in America.
    “Yuchun…” Eun-Mi whined she can’t stand just waiting and not telling Cho-Hee anything about Yunho departure.
    “Just calm down,” he said. Eun-Mi stared at him angrily and was interrupted by the sound of his phone.
    Yuchun took out his phone from his pocket and read the text her received.
    “Is it Yunho? What did he say?” 
    “He said that he’s leaving without telling anyone and after he settle then he’ll call back,” Yuchun answered her question setting his phone back into his pocket.
    “Yuchun.”
    “What?”
    “Can’t you just do something like anything. I think I’m going crazy,” Eun-Mi jumped up and down thinking she’ll go insane any minute.
    
    Yunho took one last look at her before he left. One looked at her won’t hurt. As he took a good picture of her with his eyes he finally had the courage to leave. His suitcase following behind. Luckily, it was a busy day for anyone to notice his action. He was able to leave soundlessly.

    Sun-Hee and Hoya was on their way to the palace. Hoping they won’t be too late. Changmin was stubbornly locked in his room, refusing to come out. Yuchun had tied Eun-Me next to him even after Yunho had already left, but she still kept looking at he time…even though she had no clue when was Yunho departure time. Jessica was excitingly waiting for the time for them to exchanged their vows then it will be done. 
    It was finally the time as the two was preparing to start the wedding ceremony. Cho-Hee was in the room waiting and looking around for Yunho, but minute after minute, second after second, there was no sign of him. Jae-Hwa sat sadly next to Cho-Hee, knowing she had done wrong to Changmin, knowing she had ruined her relationship with him. She had never seen him this mad even when he was force to marry her it wasn’t as this bad. Any minute now the ceremony was about to start but since it was the royalty wedding there was awful traffic and it was holding back Sun-Hee and Hoya.
    Eun-Mi stared over at her two miserable sisters. Now of them had a smile on their face and she clear knew that Cho-Hee’s head that was turning from side to side was only looking for Yunho. She bit her lips and knew that it was her chance to make it right or lose it. She roughly tore her hand away from Yuchun and ran toward her two sisters. Yuchun followed behind knowing it should be time she knows too, but now he doubt that Cho-Hee will catch Yunho.
    
    “Cho-Hee don’t look for Yunho he’s not coming he already left out of country about an hour ago,” Eun-Mi shouted out the news. It shocked Cho-Hee, made her heart dropped down into millions of pieces. He left without a word.
    “W-where?” Cho-Hee couldn’t speak right, not knowing what to do.
    Eun-Mi shook her head, she knows nothing beside that he’s leaving.
    “W-where?” Cho-Hee asked once again.
    “America at Seoul International Airport, but I don’t know when,” Yuchun said.
    Cho-Hee dashed out the door.
    “Sorry you may not leave…” the guard blocked her at the door exiting the palace. It was time for the ceremony to start, no one was able to leave or entered.
    
    “Sorry but I don’t think we can go any further…,” the driver told Sun-Hee and Hoya. Sun-Hee looked out the door and saw lines of cars. She then opened the car’s door and rushed out. Hoya quickly paid the driver and followed after. She crossed her fingers, hoping she would make it in time.