Punishment

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

    Each and everyone was seated in the judging room. On the stage, the king was in the middle and his wives were surrounding him. Queen Kim and Kym were onto the right and the other three queens were to the left. King of North Korea and Jessica were to the side on the right. Jessica’s eyes were swollen seemed like she had been crying all the time. All of the couples, the princes and princess were all on the floor on their knee, ready to receive their punishment.
    “Listen, today will be the day where all problems will be solve and the people that deserve to be punish will be punish. Firstly, the wedding held two days ago wedding was interrupted by Sun-Hee, claiming that Hei-Ryung is carrying Jaejoong’s child, and yesterday we had found them and they had brought in a child. As for Sun-Hee, she will receive the punishment of breaking into the wedding and ruining the wedding but as for her saying I’m not sure whether it’s a lie or not yet. For Hoya, he will receive the same punishment as Sun-Hee. Junsu and Yuchun the ones that had help the two sisters run away will also receive a punishment. Now let me ask Sun-Hee, did any of your sisters planned this with you?”
    “No sir, none of them knew about this,” Sun-Hee politely answered.
    “Now let me ask you four, were any of you four knew and plan this with your sister?”
    “No sir,” three of them answered. Hei-Ryung kept shut, can’t believe they’re all getting punish because of her.
    “Hei-Ryung, how come you didn’t answer? Did you purposely plan this? Did you wanted your sister to ruin this wedding?”
    “No sir,” Hei-Ryung answered.
    “Great so you all are saying that only Sun-Hee knew about this plan and carried this out alone. Any of you down there were in this with her?” the king asked.
    “I was sir,” Hoya answered, truthfully.
    Sun-Hee looked at him, he is doing too much for her and she can’t even do anything to repay him.
    “Great so your crime is as big as her,” the king said, “fine then I believe that only you two knew about what had happen.”
    “Dong-Min you are just going to take their words for it. Don’t you remember that she was the former wife of your son, how can anyone in this world just let go of a prince’s hand? Can’t you see what they’re trying to hide?” King of North Korea stood up and said.
    “How can you say such thing, my sister is unlike your daughter, but anyways thanks for speaking of how your daughter and you are,” Cho-Hee yelled at the two on the side.
    Jessica leaned on and grabbed onto her dad’s sleeve. Yunho reached out to tell Cho-Hee to stop.
    “Cho-Hee stop it you have no right to speak like that,” the king said.
    Cho-Hee remained quiet can’t believe there are such jerks existing in this world.
    The king turned to the two on the side, “I apologize but as you may see if she really does want to stay with Jaejoong she wouldn’t have broken the marriage in the first place,” the king said. Everyone on the ground was somewhat relieved now. King of North Korea and his daughter remained quiet to see what’s going to happen next.
    “Continuing on. Yunho for taking Cho-Hee away will also receive a punishment. Now Sun-Hee, Hoya, Junsu, Yuchun, and Yunho they all will be lashes for fifty times.”
    “What? That is crazy do you want to kill someone,” Cho-Hee yelled out, no one can even last through one.
    “Dad…,” Junsu started but was interrupted by the king.
    “Let me continue…as for Jaejoong he broke the promise that he had made with for the country and also his promise for me, Jessica, and the King of North Korea, but if he agrees to remarry with Jessica then he’ll be able to cover up for his mistake and if not as a crown prince doing wrong he will be removed from position and out of the palace.”
    Hei-Ryung looked up, no just because of her he can’t lose his life.
    “I agree to be removed from position. I will not remarry,” Jaejoong made his decision final and clear.
    Jessica on the side started sobbing onto her dad’s shoulder.
    “No you can’t so that…,” Hei-Ryung said.
    “Why not? I can’t be marry off with someone and leave my wife and kid behind,” he said.
    Hei-Ryung remained quiet for a second then looked up to the king, “I’m sorry sir but what Jaejoong is saying is not true. He’s not thinking carefully and he doesn’t know the truth. The truth is that…,” Jaejoong grabbed onto her knowing what she was going to say next.
    Hei-Ryung shrugged off his denial and continued, “…the truth is my son is not his.”
    “Hei-Ryung,” Sun-Hee said can’t believe what she is hearing.
    “I’m sorry sir for the misunderstanding,” Hei-Ryung bowed.
    “Dad, what she saying isn’t they truth? She is just lying to protect me. Please look at this carefully,” Jaejoong pleaded.
    “So does that mean that Hei-Ryung is pregnant with another person child, but then her sister wanted her back in the palace so she had lied to us then,” King of North Korea concluded.    
    “That’s nonsense,” Hoya said.
    “Your highness this can’t be right please look at it carefully,” Junsu said, knowing everyone is just throwing out random thoughts to protect each other now.
    “It’s doesn’t matter if she’s lying or not. No matter what I’m not marrying her again. Please excuse me for my rudeness, but to say the truth I never had anything with Jessica beside great a friend there’s nothing else.”
    “How can you say such thing?” King of North Korea said, holding onto her daughter as she sobbed more.
    “Let me ask you one more time,” King of North Korea said, “Will you marry my daughter or not?”
    “I’m sorry sir but I can’t accept that,” Jaejoong said.
    “You ask for it, now war is on the road, come on Jessica let’s go,” King of North Korea grabbed his crying daughter and they walked out with theirs guards.
    
    The King palmed his face, what mess is on it’s way?
    “I’m sorry dad for causing you trouble again,” Jaejoong said.
    “Sir, I’m sorry but please don’t removed him from his position. I’ll take my son and leave now just…”
    “Stop. Stop it now,” the king yelled. Everyone was silent.
    “Have you all seen what you guys have created, done? When I let you guy enjoy your life together you guys didn’t like it and ask for a separation. But now, what is this? What are you guy planning to do?”
    “Sir everything is cause by me. If you’re going to punish all of us then please just punish me,” Sun-Hee said.
    “How can I only punish you when all of you have done wrong? What exactly should I do? What can I do?”
    “Your highness,” Queen Kim started, “I’m not sure what you are thinking but then I’m sure the kids are now realizing that what they need is each other. I believe it isn’t too late to reunite.”
    “How can you say such thing? In the royal family, does one just divorce then get back together anytime they want?”
    “I understand what you saying, your highness, but please do look carefully if the child haven’t realized anything then they wouldn’t all be here again,” Queen Kym said.
    “Alright alright…I’ll forgive you guys for this problem. We’ll prepare for the war coming. I believe none of you  guys had lied to me. I believe the child was yours and Jaejoong. But beside that problem, you guys still had created more problems and I can’t let those pass. Changmin and Jae-Hwa had ran away from home without notice. In this palace, runaway will not be tolerated. Now tell me Jae-Hwa did he force you to go with him or did you willing went with him?”
    “I was willing to go with him sir,” Jae-Hwa answered.
    “Okay then…”  Changmin interrupted his dad.
    “I’m sorry sir but I plan this all myself. Even if she went with me she had nothing to do with the reason why I left the palace, so if you’re going to punish both of us please just punish me.”
    “Great that you realized your mistake I’ll take your words to consideration and not punish Jae-Hwa as for you since you came back I hope this wouldn’t happen for the second time. Punishment will be lashes for fifty times.”
    “Thank you, sir,” Changmin was happy that his dad took his words to consideration.
    “For Yunho, are you out of your mind? Why in the world you runaway on a major event?”
    “I’m sorry dad. That was my wrong doing. Please punish me,” Yunho bowed.
    “Great then same punish as Changmin,” the king said. Cho-Hee didn’t know what to do, partly it was her fault for him to have runaway.
    “For Hei-Ryung you have ran away knowing you’re pregnant with the royal blood. So you have the crime of taking away a child from the royal palace. You’ll receive your punishment after your body had recover and you’ll receive the punishment of being hit twenty-five times, and no one speak of taking her spot. Will you stay here in the palace back as Jaejoong’s wife or leave your son and go?”
    Hei-Ryung’s heart was beating, how can she leave her son behind, but how can she just come back and live with him like nothing had happen? Jaejoong looked at her, waiting for an answer, hoping of her to say yes.
    “I’ll stay with my son.”
    Even though Jaejoong wasn’t  mention in her answer he was happy that she was staying.

    “As for Hoya and his brother, you two are welcome to stay here for the night.”
    “Thanks for the kindness but my brother and I will head back now,” Hoya said.
    “I’m sorry sir but I am returning back with them,” Sun-Hee said. 
    “Will you please excuse us?” Hoya asked as he bowed and lead, Young-Hun and Sun-Hee followed. 
    

    After Hoya, Sun-Hee, and Young-Hun left the palace, Yunho and Changmin were brought to the building for punishment. Hei-Ryung followed Jaejoong and arrived to check up on her son. Eun-Mi and Yuchun followed Cho-Hee and Jae-Hwa as they followed Yunho and Changmin. They all waited outside as the two of them only entered with the guards.
    “Guys please look after Changmin for me. I’m going to go check up on Ayumi,” Jae-Hwa knowing that her existence won’t affect anything on Changmin. Didn’t think he would want her there anyway. The three watched as Jae-Hwa disappear then looked back at the closed door. Cho-Hee walked up, though she didn’t want to hear anything she was worried.
    “See…if you and Yunho didn’t pull that prank on Cho-Hee then Yunho wouldn’t be in this state and I won’t get to see my sister all miserable,” Eun-Mi scolded Yuchun. 
    “Well you know it wasn’t a prank, Yunho was just up to something and as his brother you know you should help him like you would help your sisters,” Yuchun defended himself. 
    “What did you two say?” Cho-Hee heard them, but wasn’t so clear. They were too busy arguing who was right that they forgot to lower their voice.
    “You see…Cho-Hee, it’s not like what you think or heard,” Yuchun tried to reason.
    “What exactly were you guys planning?” Cho-Hee at least heard something about planning. 
    “…,” Yuchun was going to speak but was interrupted by Eun-Mi. 
    “It’s about time she knows about it Yuchun,” Eun-Mi said.
    “Guys just tell me,” Cho-Hee doesn’t have anymore patience on the two, “What prank did Yunho pulled on?”
    “He was wake but pretended like he was still unconscious,” Eun-Mi blurted out everything.
    Cho-Hee had a quick flashback to the earlier days when his face started to seemed alive, everything about him seemed normal and it was as if he could hear her. Yuchun sighed, knowing Cho-Hee’s attitude this wasn’t going anywhere near okay.
    Cho-Hee bit her lip, how dare he lied to her? Maybe his punishment was suitable enough for him or maybe he deserved more. Without looking back she left.
    
    “Why didn’t you wait until after this then you can let Yunho tell her?” Yuchun raised his voice at Eun-Mi.
    “Why should I? Why should I stand and watch your brothers torture my sisters one by one?” Eun-Mi said.
    “And should I just stand and watch your sisters torture my brothers one by one as well?” Yuchun questioned back, it wasn’t only her sisters that were hurting. 
    “But she deserves to know…did you see how worried her face looks?”
    “Still you could’ve kept it and wait for Yunho to tell her later. Now what am I suppose to say to Yunho when he comes out? Who’s going to look after him now since he’ll be injured? Why can’t he just play a bit to actually test out your stubborn sister to see if…” 
    “If he love her enough he wouldn’t have lied to her,” Eun-Mi interrupted.    
    “Maybe he lied for good. Sometimes lying is the only solution,” Yuchun said, “and if trusting each other doesn’t exist the relationship should just end.” With that Yuchun left. Eun-Mi wasn’t sure was she wrong or was he wrong? Did she not have the right to tell her sister the truth when she clearly knows that others were lying behind her? 

    Jae-Hwa arrived back at her daughter’s room. Her purpose wasn’t to check up on her daughter; she just didn’t want to stay there. He would probably scold her and yell at her afterward anyways. She sat next to her daughter crib and leaned her head back against the wall.
    “Changmin…is this suppose to happen to us? Am I returned back to the days where I only deserve your cold glares and hurtful words?” Jae-Hwa questioned to herself, holding back her tears.
    
    “Why would you lied to me? What else would you want to know? What will you get from lying?” Cho-Hee walked to her room and locked herself up. She thought they were actually progressing somewhere, but why? Should she forget him?

    Hei-Ryung was brought back to her son as she took him and hugged him tight thought that she would lose him forever. Jaejoong watched the mother and son view as it gave him a warm feeling. After embracing her son for a while, she looked up and found Jaejoong with a slight smile on, but then it quickly faded away.  
    “If there anything that you want please just ask,” he said and left the room. He wasn’t exactly sure how to mend the relationship, continue it, or even started it. Hei-Ryung shrugged the cold stare from him and focus back her attention to her sleeping son, guessing for the sake of her child she’ll have to sacrifice her happiness and stay. Or is her happiness is that she’s staying?