A New Life Style

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

    Changmin was sitting outside of Shim’s Palace at a nearby bench close by his room. He leaned back touching the bench with his back and stretch his arm wide, almost reaching the end, and tilting his head backward. The soft wind lightly hit his face as he remembered the news that was delivered to his brothers and him two days ago.
    (Flashback) “Princes I had found some information,” the servant rushed into the princes’ place.
    They all stared at him, ready to hear the truth.
    “I went back to their place as a friend and ask their parents but they said that they, all five, had left to America three days ago.”
    (End)
    “I can’t believe you left like that. Is this really the end of us? You left without a word, without anything. You even left our child behind. During all these time when we were together, does it not mean anything? I thought I had found someone I could trust and lean on, I guess it is all the same.”
    “Prince Changmin your date has arrive,” Changmin’s thought was interrupted by the sudden voice.
    He blinked a few times for the tears in his eyes to disappear before speaking, “I’ll be there.” 
    He quickly got up, straighten himself, “if this is the end…I should move on like you did too.”
    Is it right?

    Yunho was at the bar, drinking, on his date with the girl his dad arranged.
    “What is your name again?” Yunho asked.
    “Ara. Go Ara,” she smiled.
    “I see. Nice smile there,” Yunho faked a smile. But sudden he brain started calculating back, she left. She really left. She moved one. He should move on.
    “What did you say you like to do again?” Yunho asked, maybe the drinks is kicking in.
    “I usually just like to hang out and drink listening to music,” she smiled at him again.
    “I do too. Maybe we should hang out more often. How about tomorrow same place? Or if you like anywhere you want to go. I’ll take you,” he said, sounded like he was in his right conscious.
    “Really?” her eyes lighten up, “I would love that. If you don’t mind you can call me anytime. Mind exchanging number?”
    Yunho just took out his phone and handed it her. She gladly took it and quickly exchanged their numbers.
    “Alright I have to go then see you tomorrow,” Ara quickly lean in and peck his cheek.
    “She never kiss me like that before,” he chuckled taking another sip of his drink.

    “Give me her phone number I’ll call her,” Yuchun reached out his hand for the guard. The guard quickly handed him the a piece of paper and left.
    “Bak Min-Young,” he smirked as he took out his phone and sent her a text, “meet you at Club Answer tonight at eight. See you there. Yuchun.”
    He pressed send then accidentally pressed a button that lead to the contact list. Eun-Mi’s name was the first. He had tried calling her many times. Not only him but all of them had tried calling, but none of the girls had picked up their calls. Guessed he was nothing to her at all. After all, she was only there for her sisters not him.
    
    “So do you mind giving me a tour around Kym’s Palace now,” Taeyeon asked.       
    “Sure follow me,” Junsu uninterestingly said. The whole time she was there, he dazed off into his own world until she called him back.
    “Junsu over there,” Taeyeon grabbed onto his hand and pulled him over to the small pond behind the Kym’s Palace.
    She stopped and paused. When she pulled him he immediately was brought back to life and when she stopped running he gazed at their hand. Her hand holding his.
    “Oh…sorry,” she quickly retrieved her hand back.
    “It’s okay,” he said, there was a strange feeling inside him.
    “So…do you mind if I stepped into the water?” she shyly asked.
    “N-no go ahead,” he somehow can’t speak right.
    He mentally slapped himself, Junsu the love of your life just left you and you’re here playing with another girls? What in the world are you thinking?
    “Are you going to join me?” she asked, her feet was already in the water.
    He sat down next to her, keeping his feet away from the water. He pulled his knee to his chest and locked his hand together in front of his knee.
    “You know I actually like you. I thought this was going to be another boring date my dad set me up, but you are quite interesting,” she honest spoke.
    Junsu turned to her, how is he not boring or how is he interesting? He barely talked to her the whole day.
    “Well you see you’re different from all those guys I met. They’re all over me once we’ve met, but you…you’re different you show no interest. Which I’m gaining interest in you,” she confessed.
    “Well…you see I don’t want to keep your hopes up, but in my heart there’s already someone in there. And it can never be replaced.”
    “I’ve heard. And I know about everything. If you’re willing to let me help maybe I can help you ease the pain,” she reached over and touch his hand.
    He quickly removed his hand, “Thanks but I rather suffer in this pain. Will you please excuse me?”
    Junsu got up and left, “this is quite interesting,” she stared at he walked away.

    “Prince Jaejoong your date is waiting for you,” a servant knocked on Jaejoong’s door for the nth time of the day.
    “Tell her to go. I’m not in the mood to play with her,” he refused to leave. He refuse to see anyone. She was gone once and now twice. He couldn’t even do anything to stop her, but if she wanted to stay she would have left in the first place. But it just so…not right. He missed her. He wanted to hug her again. But what can he do now since she chose to leave him behind once again. Was it his fault for not showing enough that he actually cared about her? What was wrong about him that she dislike?
    Jaejoong stared at his son sleeping in his crib. Jaejoong moved Youngwoong into his room since the day she left without a trace.
    “Youngwoong you mom had really left us behind,” Jaejoong softly spoke to the younger one, “when your dad left he knew he must fight and make it back, but this time I’m not sure whether your mom will ever returned again,” a tear lightly fell down as his son chuckled not knowing anything.
    “I’m sorry if your father is a bad one that can’t even keep her beside us,” Jaejoong playfully touched his nose making him smiled again and squirmed like a worm.

    “Hey come back home early” Hei-Ryung yelled at Cho-Hee and Eun-Mi.
    Once they arrived in New York it wasn’t as hard to adapt. It was their luck. Sun-Hee work as a bartender at a club, Cho-Hee and Eun-Mi work at a café shop nearby, Jae-Hwa at a flower shop, and Hei-Ryung working as a clerk at the fashion store down the street. It wasn’t long for them to make friends. They already had as many friends as they did back at home.
    “Don’t worry…,” Cho-Hee and Eun-Mi waved before leaving.
    “Shouldn’t you get going to?” Sun-Hee asked.
    “Yeah in a minute,” Hei-Ryung said, “where Jae-Hwa?”
    “Seems like her mind is still occupied with them,” Sun-Hee said.
    “I know. It’s not only her, but we have to move on. Where here now we can’t take our step back,” Hei-Ryung said.
    “Just give her some more time,” Sun-Hee said.
    “Alright I’ll be off now,” Hei-Ryung grabbed her coat and left.
    “Oh yeah…Dennis said he wanted us to join him for tonight,” Sun-Hee said.
    “What does he want now?” Hei-Ryung asked.
    “Hang out,” Sun-Hee shrugged her shoulder.
    “Alright then…I’m off,” Hei-Ryung grabbed her coat and left.
    They all knew even though they were able to smile in front of each other and their customer, they each knew inside was crashed. Some just were able to pulled it off better than others.
    
    “Greeting Prince Changmin, I’m Lee Yeon-Hee,” the girl politely bowed nine degree in from of the cold prince.
    “Hi, is there anything I can help you with?” Changmin started off. Is that how you start?
    “Oh…um…I thought were on a date today,” she innocently said, quite confused at what she said.
    “Oh…yeah right,” his voice was so monotone that she can’t tell whether he was joking or not, “follow me I can tour you around.”
    “That would be great,” she ran up and grabbed onto his arm, hugging it with both or her arms, “where should we start?”
    “H-here sounds great,” he looked away. Was he suppose to push her away?
    “This palace looks amazing,” she smiled, looking around cheerfully.
    ‘Does it? Why do I feel like it’s just a trap?’ 
    Changmin just smiled at her while she admired the palace one by one.
    “Prince Changmin. Prince Changmin Ayumi is crying,” the maid ran up to him breathlessly. Changmin forcefully pulled away from Yeon-Hee and ran to his daughter.
    He immediately grabbed her and put her into his embraced, “don’t cry, daddy is here,” he tried to calmed her down. In less than a minute, Ayumi already stopped and stared at his dad.
    “Good girl,” Changmin tickled her daughter.
    “She’s adorable,” Changmin turned at the voice.
    “Sorry…,” he apologized.
    “No need to. I understand. May I hold her?” Yeon-Hee asked.
    “Sure,” he handed Ayumi to Yeon-Hee.
    “Hi there,” Yeon-Hee faced Ayumi’s with hers.    
    Ayumi stared at her strangely then started crying and wriggling.
    “Don’t cry…,” Yeon-Hee tried to make her stopped.
    “Hand her here,” Changmin reached out for her daughter.
    Ayumi was back in her dad’s arm. Something familiar. Changmin slowly rocked his daughter to sleep.
    “If you don’t mind I’m going to spend time with my daughter now,” Changmin said and brought Ayumi out of her room to his before Yeon-Hee could say anything.
    
    “Hey there, I’m Yuchun and you must be…” Yuchun greeted the young lady in front of him. She looked exactly like the one he saw earlier in the photo.
    “I’m Min-Young. It’s nice to actually see you in person,” she smiled.
    “Glad to hear that,” he sat next to her and set his arm around her shoulder, making her a bit uncomfortable.
    “So what would you like to drink?” 
    “Anything would be fine,” she liked his smell. Yuchun smirked seem liked she had already fallen for him. It was pretty easy.
    “So is this out first date?” she asked leaning her head onto his shoulder.
    “You could say,” he drank his cup of liquor, sounding uninterested. 
    “Is there anything you would like to do instead of just sitting here?” she asked.
    “Not really. Don’t you like it already?” he raised an eyebrow when she looked up to him.    
    “Of course, but you know maybe we should get to know each other more,” she dragged on.
    “Like…”
    “Like maybe we should…” Yuchun’s phone rang.
    “Please excuse me for a second,” he pulled his arm away from her and took out his phone from his pocket.
    “What do you want?” 
    “Seems like you’re having fun.”
    “Yah…are  you drunk?” Yuchun could hear Yunho’s voice.
    “Not yet but I can see you got yourself a girl there,” Yuchun looked around and there he saw Yunho drinking with Junsu next to him.
    Junsu snatched the phone from him, “he called me an hour ago and he was a the bar. When I picked him up he wanted to come here. Any idea to get him home?”
    “I’m not going home. You should have some fun too,” Yunho drunkenly tried to snatched the phone back. 
    “Yunho’s right you should have some fun too. Loosen up,” Yuchun pressed end and smiled toward Junsu.
    
    He turned back to Min-Young, “Sorry about that.” 
    “No problem. Are those your brothers?” she eyed them.
    “Yeah. Interested?”
    “How can I when I already have you?”
    “Just thought I should ask in case you regret it.”
    “I-I…won’t,” she answered.
    “If you don’t mind let’s hang out another time,” Yuchun stood up and left before she could answered. 

    “Yah…ready to go home?” Yuchun walked over to Yunho and Junsu.
    “Even before I reached here,” Junsu answered as they looked at Yunho. By now he was worn out already.
    “Let’s go…,” Yuchun and Junsu grabbed him and they walked. They indeed know how he feels. They wanted to do the same thing like he is too. But just not today. Maybe.    

    “It’s too loud in here," Jae-Hwa complained covering her ears with her hands.    
    “What are you talking about it’s just right. Feeling good,” Eun-Mi said as Cho-Hee and her high-five.
    “Hey over here,” Dennis called.
    The girls walked over as he lead them into a quieter room.
    “Okay you guys can hang out while I finished my shift,” Sun-Hee said.
    “You’re off for tonight,” Dennis flashed her a smile.
    “Alright then,” Sun-Hee settled down next to her sisters.
    “Where’s Jesse and Henry?” Cho-Hee asked.
    “Last minute thing. They call five minutes ago that something came up. They sure know how to run my fun time,” Dennis made a face, looking angry but still cute.
    “I’m sure they have their reason,” Hei-Ryung said.
    “So how are you guys enjoying it here?” Dennis asked. Though he was half Caucasian he was mixed with Korean too.
    “Pretty fun,” Eun-Mi answered.
    “I see,” he smiled, “maybe we can just chat to kill time for tonight.”
    “Or maybe you should get back to taking care of your club while he have fun,” Cho-Hee tried to throw him out.
    “Alright I’ll be back. Don’t lock me out. See you guys in a bit,” he winked at them before closing the door. All of their smile disappeared once the door was shut.