A Little Hope

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

    It was late at night already. Yuchun and Eun-Mi did not say a word to each other, not even an apology. Everyone was back out to the dinner table subtracting Sun-Hee, Yunho, and, Changmin.
    “Where’s the rest?” Hei-Ryung asked. No one answered. It was usually Yuchun, but since something else was bothering him the question was left unanswered.
    Jaejoong turned to the servants on the side, “where’s the rest?”
    “Prince Yunho was unwilling to come out until Cho-Hee visit him and Prince Changmin said he wanted to be excused for dinner.”
    Jaejoong turned back to the others.
    “Jae-Hwa what’s wrong?” Hei-Ryung asked.
    “Nothing much just some misunderstanding,” she said.
    “Did you visit him afterward?” Hei-Ryung asked.
    Jae-Hwa shook her head, “After dinner look after him then. He just received his punishment he might need you beside him,” Hei-Ryung said, as the oldest it’s the only advice she could give. Jae-Hwa nodded, but she wasn’t sure does he wants to see her.
    “and Cho-Hee?” Hei-Ryung asked.
    “Nothing.”
    “What do you mean nothing? He’s finally out of his coma and that’s how you are treating him?”
    “Well how dare he lied to me?” Cho-Hee said.
    “…you’re not five anymore. Handle that lie as a woman.” 
    Cho-Hee stopped speaking, it was useless maybe no one understood her. She didn’t like the fact that he lied. She just couldn’t tolerate it.

    In the middle of eating, Junsu set down his spoon and dashed off. No one knew to where. 
    “Please excuse me,” Jae-Hwa said and left, she lost her appetite for the night.  
    “Are you going too?” Hei-Ryung ask Cho-Hee when she didn’t move an inch.
    “I’m not planning to go anywhere,” she answered. 
    “Please excuse me then,” Eun-Mi said and left.
    “What’s wrong with you two?” Jaejoong asked Yuchun, he didn’t even looked at Eun-Mi as she leave.
    “What do you mean what’s wrong between us? There was never ever something between us. You may have mistaken,” Yuchun said. He wasn’t aware that Eun-Mi wasn’t so far away and the worst part was that she kept her ear wide open, hearing everything that he had let out. She finally she guessed that was how he had felt all along. She shouldn’t have taken it overboard then they are after all just friend. 
    “Really not going? He might be in pain waiting,” Hei-Ryung sister, knowing that Cho-Hee was worried the whole time. It was clearly written on her face.
    “I’ll go but not to him,” she said and stood up, giving her sister a cold glare. Hei-Ryung just smile in returned. All of her sisters are slowly growing up one by one.  
    “Will you please excuse me then?” Hei-Ryung left after realizing that it was only her with Jaejoong and Yuchun. She left and Jaejoong gave a slight grinned watching her back slowly disappeared.
    “You seem happy,” Yuchun peeked at his secretly happy brother.    
    Jaejoong’s smile grew wider and left his seat following after the person he had always wanted to.

    “Sun-Hee you’re not really going to stay here anymore?” Yong-Hun asked.     
    “There’s no point of staying here anymore. I’ll leave back home with my parent so if you guys miss me you guys can come and visit,” Sun-Hee suggested. 
    “I guess if that’s what you want I have nothing against it,” Young-Hun said, knowing he can not make her stay nor her sister stay since their hearts doesn’t belong there.
    “Thanks guys for always watching over me and Hei-Ryung. I’ll come and visit when I’m available,” Sun-Hee grabbed her suitcase and left outside. Hoya was standing on the side not saying a thing the whole time. 
    “Are you really going to let her go?” Young-Hun turned to her broken heart brother. Hoya gave a deep breath and left. He had already lost hope but one more try wouldn’t hurt.

    “Sun-Hee,” Hoya called. Sun-Hee stopped and turned back.
    “Oh…Hoya,” Sun-Hee said, wasn’t sure why he’s there, “is there anything?”
    “I just wanted to say goodbye and return safely,” it didn’t seem like it was what he wanted to say.
    “Thanks,” she turned and he grabbed onto her. She wasn’t sure why was he acting so strange.
    “I-I…,” Hoya stuttered, “Would you…”
    “Sun-Hee,” a voice came out. They both looked and there stood Junsu.
    “Sorry to have interrupt you guys,” Junsu said and walked forward. Sun-Hee pulled her arm away from his touch and he easily let her loose. So the reason why she wanted to leave so quickly because she already had things planned.
    “Why are you here?” Sun-Hee asked him.
    “Pick you up,” he said, it was a good thing he came.
    “I didn’t…”
    “Don’t say anything; are you ready?”
    “I’m not going with you.”
    “Yes you are,” he grabbed onto her suitcase, pulling it away from her.
    She thought for a second, she can’t cause trouble for Hoya again so she turned to him, “Don’t worry about me. I’ll get home safely,” she turned and followed.
    Hoya had the urged to grabbed her and pulled her back. He leaned in and lightly plant a kiss on her cheek making it turned rose red, and then he whispered to her ear, “Until we meet again be happy.” He knew she was his.
    “Same here. Be happy,” she smiled after her sudden shock. He let go of her and the jealous Junsu grabbed Sun-Hee, pulled her to his car, and drove off after putting her suitcase in the back trunk.

    Jae-Hwa already reached his door, but she just stood there. Breathing in and out, not sure whether she should try to reason with him again.
    “Greeting Princess Jae-Hwa,” a maid bowed to her carrying a tray of medicine.
    She weakly smiled, “how is he? Is his wounds taken care of?”
    “Prince Changmin wouldn’t let us apply the medicine onto him.”
    She looked at the door, he wound was left alone all this time. What if it got infected and so on?
    “Handle it to me…I’ll take care of this and have he ate yet?”
    “No.”
    “Please make him something and bring it in then.”
    “Yes,” the maid bowed, handle the tray to Jae-Hwa and left.
    She gave the closed door one last look before pushing it open revealing a bloody back that was lashed. It tore her heart apart. 
    “I told you I didn’t…,” Changmin yelled looking at the person who interrupted his time but stopped when he saw who it was, “why are you here?” 
    She stared at him with watery eyes, he looks weak and hurt. She set the tray and walked over to him. She walked in front of him and he purpose looked away. He didn’t need her pity for him. Without a word, she set her hands onto his chest and laid her hand on his shirt’s top button. He held her hand, wanting to removed it. 
    “Please, just let me help you,” she pleaded as a tear escaped her watery eyes. He slowly removed his hand and laid them next to his side. She slowly his shirt and slide it off his shoulder and off of him, revealing his top in front of her. She set his shirt on the side and reached for the tray full of medicine. She reached for the cotton and alcohol to clean his wound first. As she slowly wipe the cotton across each wound, she could she him twitching. It gave her clues that it was painful to him so she soften her touch. Without warning as she touched his wound, her tears fell with each cut she touched. Tough he knew she was silently crying from the soft sob he ignored it.

    Cho-Hee was arriving at her room, sadly that it was at the Jung’s Palace so she had to go through there. 
    “Yunho open the door,” she could hear voices trying to make him open the door. She completely,, or tried to ignored what was going on the other side as she quietly walked passed. 
    “Cho-Hee,” shoot she was caught. She slowly turned and saw Queen Jung, now she’s for sure trapped.     
    “Yes.”
    “Would you please ask Yunho to come out and clean his wound?” Queen Jung asked. Cho-Hee knew she was worried. She knew that she shouldn’t disobey her order and went over.
    “Don’t worry I’ll take care of him. Please take a rest for today,” Cho-Hee said and took the tray from the servant on the side. 
    Cho-Hee walked over to the door and the servant there knocked on the door.    
    “For the last time I’m not opening the door,” Yunho shouted. Wow such a baby.
    “Fine then I’ll leave,” she said. In no time the door swung opened and Cho-Hee was dragged inside. Queen Jung smiled and left knowing that Yunho should be fine.
    He pulled her in and locked the door. He lightly pushed her against the door and the only thing that was blocking their way was the tray. 
    “Why are you mad at me?” he breath against her.    
    “Seems like someone is not hurt enough.”
    “I am already hurt,” he said, didn’t understand why she was suddenly mad at him.    
    “Maybe you deserve to be lashed more than fifty times for lying to me,” Cho-Hee looked away.
    “What did I lie to you about?”
    “Don’t act like you don’t know?”
    “I really don’t know.”
    “When did you actually wake up?”
    Then it hit him, how did she know?
    “Realized your mistake now?” she moved away from him and set the tray aside.
    “Why are you so mad though? I’m sorry for lying but…” Cho-Hee cut him off.
    “If I know that this is what I receive in returned then I should have left right at the beginning.”
    Yunho smirked and walked up to her, “what did you expect to receive then?”
    “Nothing. To be free from you,” Cho-Hee said, leaning back so she wouldn’t be in touch with him.
    “If that’s from the old Cho-Hee then I would believe you, but the new one try again.”
    “What are you saying?” she pushed him away, “sit down so I can clean your wound for you so I can leave.”
    “So if I don’t let you clean my wound then you’ll stay with me for the whole night?” he .
    She glared at him, “just hurry up.”
    “Fine but don’t think that you’ll escape that easy,” Yunho said and took off his shirt in one blink and sat down in front of her.
    As she cleaned the wound, her grudges against him was still there. She purposely pressed harder as she reaches the deeper wound on the side.
    “Awh…are you purposely hurting me?”
    “No one ask for you to hurt me first,” she said, didn’t watch what she was saying.
    “What?” he turned to her, “I hurt you. How? If you wanted to leave why would my lying hurt you.”
    “Um…that-that’s not what I meant,” her cheeks were slowly turning color.
    “Is that so?” he leaned into her.
    “Just turned around so I can finish up,” she pushed him around.
    He smiled, “you’ll see after this.”
    
    Jaejoong sped up to Hei-Ryung and reached for her.
    “Um…please let go,” she said, feeling uncomfortable with his touch.
    “You know how to tell your sister to go to their couple so shouldn’t you be telling yourself something too?” Jaejoong questioned and she quickly refreshed her brain to what she had said. 
    “Please excuse me, I’m going to go check on my son,” she tried to pulled her arm back.
    “Don’t you think our son is receiving too much attention from her mother. Shouldn’t the dad get some now? He might be in pain waiting and he might need you now after this long punishment,” he whispered to her.
    “What are you talking about?” she lightly blushed, didn’t know he would be so straightforward. 
    “I think you clearly understand what I mean,” he kept on using his whisper voice that sent chills down her spine.
    “I-I…,” he just smiling seeing how cute and clueless she looks when she’s afraid and lost.
    “What do you think about Youngwoong?” She looked at him.
    “Our son’s name,” he smiled. She thought for a second then a smile showed on her face. 
    “So it is Youngwoong,” he said, “and I think he wouldn’t mind if his dad borrow his mom for tonight.”
    She immediately looked at him as he stole a quick kiss from her lip. Her eyes widen as he just smirked to her.
    “You won’t mind too, right?” he winked at her cause her heart to race. She didn’t know when he turned into such person. Did she really miss out on that much?
    “Come on let’s spend tonight together,” he pulled her away while she was still stunned by his action.

    Junsu drove far enough as he pulled to the side and park, “Why did you let him touch you that easily?”
    “Why can’t he?” Sun-Hee questioned.
    “Because…,” he tired to clam down himself and speak again, “don’t tell me that you didn’t realized he likes you.”
    “And what does that have to do with you? Jealous that…,” before she noticed his face flew in front of her. It was as if he knew what she was going to say and fly across the seat over to her side.
    “And if I am?” he questioned. She knew she had blurted out the wrong question. Now she’s stuck how to answer him back.
    “I am jealous how easily he gets to touch you, how easily he get to kiss you,” he whispered to her causing her goose bump to rise up.
    “Well…that’s your problem then. Will you please take me home?” she asked.
    “To where I live,” he smirked.
    “You know where,” she said.
    “Of course I know where. Glad that you coming back,” he knew what she meant but playing a bit won’t hurt.
    “I meant…”
    “I know you want to returned home with your sister,” he said cutting into her, “I know you miss your family, especially your stupid husband that let you go into another man’s arm and let him kiss you.”
    “I-I…never said that,” she stuttered wasn’t sure why she couldn’t speak right.
    “I know you didn’t,” he said, “but this person in front of you is assuming you are.”
    “But…”
    “But…you will forgive him and returned home with him right? You wouldn’t want to see his broken heart again?”
    “I…”
    “You promise me right?”
    “Junsu, what are you saying?” she said, finally get to speak a finished sentence.
    “It doesn’t matter whether you want to returned or not. I’m taking you home with me. I won’t let you go again even if you hate me to death,” he leaned onto her. She moved back as she smiled and pulled down the seat belt. Earlier she was too mad about him showing up that she forgot to click her seatbelt. He moved back to his side. She move    d forward and let out a small sigh. He swiftly leaned to her and planted a kiss on her cheek, “let’s go home.”
    He drove off and what can she so now? Somehow her heart keeps on telling her not to leave. But she wanted to.

    After Jae-Hwa finished, she set the stuff on the side. There was a knocked and Jae-Hwa told whoever to come in. it was the food.
    “Please just set it there and take this tray,” Jae-Hwa handed the tray that she was done with to the servant and she left.
    Jae-Hwa moved the food over, closer to Changmin, “You didn’t come out for dinner so I asked them to cook for you. Please eat and stay healthy,” she said before she moved toward the door and closed it. He turned around just to meet with the closed door. He looked at the table and saw the food that his wife had asked them to prepare for him.

    “Take care of yourself,” Cho-Hee said as she stood up, ready to leave. He knew she was quickly but he knew he was quicker. He blocked her, “Where do you think your going?”
    “I don’t want to stay with a liar,” she said.
    “Are you still mad? You can’t forgive this liar?”
    “Why should I?”
    “Why shouldn’t you?”
    “Because problems after problems he still creates more for me.”
    “But you still stick with him no matter what, so are you going to continue hating on him?”
    “Of course I am until I am able to pull out his heart and see how horrible it looks to…”    
    “Do you want to see it?” he walked toward her. She realized that she was not staring at anything else but his bare chest.
    “No I was just saying…,” she tried to look somewhere else.
    “Really I’m offering you front row seat,” he smirked.
    “No thanks…,” she exaggerated her words and left out the room. He knew it didn’t end there so he let her go. He was happy enough that she came to help him though he did create a big mess for her one after another.

    “Jaejoong…I…” Hei-Ryung started. She doesn’t feel quite good cause she just got out from the hospital not so long ago.
    “Trust me Youngwoong will be fine. He doesn’t need you tonight. I’m the one that is having problem. The one that needs you tonight,” Jaejoong had failed to realized that his wife was pale looking.
    “How can you say such thing?”    
    “It was because of you. I was left alone for how many months. Youngwoong was being selfish for taking his mother away from his father.”
    “Why are you blaming my child?” she wasn’t exactly sure why he was always bring Youngwoong up. 
    He leaned into her, “I’ve realized that you had always said ‘your child’ how about change it to ‘our child’” he said.
    “I…I…”
    “You’re not listening to my order. So what should I do? Punish you? But how?” she was listening to him talking to himself. She got so carried away staring at his face. He stopped talking when he realized she wasn’t listening.
    “Are you not listening to me?”
    “I-I am,” she answered immediately causing him to chuckled.
    “So would you say it or be punished?”
    “I would like it if you released me so I can check up on our child,” she said.
    “Sounds better but request denied,” he said, “Youngwoong can wait until tomorrow, but this person in front of you can’t,” he said as he crashed their lips together, melting her into his longing kiss, the kiss that he had been waiting for, since forever.