New Faces New News

Don't Wait Until Good-Bye To Say 'I Love You'

    It was the weekend that Cho-Hee and Hei-Ryung had arrived home. They felt happy and warm being back home but they also felt that something was missing, maybe it’s Jae-Hwa and Sun-Hee. They’re still back at the palace.
    “Mom said that she have special guesses today,” Eun-Mi told her two older sister while they were cleaning their kitchen.
    “Who?” Cho-Hee asked, stopped scrubbing the stove and peek over at her sister wiping the dinner table.   
    “Not sure,” she replied.
    “Weird…who can it be?” Hei-Ryung thought.
    
    All the princes and their wife were preparing to meet with the King of North Korea. They were all dress formally, something they usually dress when there’s a formal party.
    Jae-Hwa was not having the best feeling, but it’s not like she ever did have a good one. Sun-Hee is just going along as a role, a schedule she had to complete.
    They were all out side waiting as a large limousine pulled up and the door facing them opened up. Yuchun didn’t care much of what they were doing, or you can say all of the brother can care less. The door open and King of North Korea step out while everyone bowed. He stand aside and someone came out. With her long dress with her curly hair. There were a pair of shades blocking her eyes, but the minute she step out of the cars she took it off giving off a huge smile, more like a smirk. The daughter held onto her dad’s arm and they walked forward.
    “Greeting Hyun-Su and the young beautiful lady,” the king smiled reaching out for a hand shake.
    “Greeting Dong-Min it has been a long time,” Hyun-Su said reaching to make contact.
    “Greeting your majesty. Nice to meet you I’m Jung Jessica,” the daughter smile and bowed.
    “Nice to meet you two these are my sons and their wife,” the king introduce them one by one as the greet each other.
    “Oh…I’ve heard about what happen and I’m sorry about that,” Hyun-Su said.    
    “Thank you but there’s nothing to be concerned about now,” the king said, “why don’t we head inside and we’ll talk more.”  They all head inside and talk.

    Hei-Ryung, Cho-Hee, and Eun-Mi they were all dress up and ready to greet their parent special guess.
When the door click open they were in line ready to greet them. As the two older elder appear, the girls bowed and when they got back up there was another young man behind the two elders back.
    “Greeting Mr. and Mrs. Han and their lovely daughters,” Mr. Choi said.   
    “Nice to have you and your family visit again Mr. Choi,” Mr. Han speak.
    “I see you guys brought Kan along,” Mrs. Han said, “he’s has grown a lot from the last time I seen him.”
    “Greeting to Mr. and Mrs. Choi and their daughters,” Kan politely greeted them.  
    It was a long greeting before they all went and sat down to eat together. It was around the afternoon.

    “I see that your daughters are back,” Mrs. Choi said.
    “Huh…many problems had happen but al least they returned home safely,” Mrs. Han said.
    “I see two of them are still not here,” Mr. Choi asked.
    The young lady and gentleman were eating quietly just listening to the elders.

    “I see that all of your sons are all grown up and had became very manly and handsome,” Hyun-Su complimented the princes, but seems like none of them did care about his praising.
    “Thanks but they still have a lot to learn,” the king smiled.
    “Well…let me get to the point of why I’m here. Usually I would just send people over and have a talk but since this one is important I want to do it myself. I know that all of your sons had been married once or still is. And the next one for crown king has nothing now.”
    Dong-Min cut into Hyun-Su, “Please get to the point.”
    “Good I like straight up people like that…my country had been planning that, seems like you doesn’t not have a stable and reliable person to hand the country to we had plan to come and control this land,” Dong-Min was going to say something but was quickly cut off but Hyun-Su, “…but there is still a chance for his two country to stay as friend. Its only if one of your sons and their wife is willing to take over and have a kids soon enough to prove that they are worthy and ready to take over.”      
    All the princes looked angry, who the heck to he think he is?
    “Hyun-Su we had been friends for so long are you joking or…”
    “Do I sound like I’m joking? I’ll give you exactly one year to prove me wrong that your bloodline are worthy enough to carry on this beautiful land and if not war is on the road for this country.”
    “I see how your playing give me time to think and I’ll answer you of what I think,” the king said.
     “Great I like that you are keeping calm. A point for you of how great you had been ruling so far. Now would you excuse me I’ll give you till this month end which is exactly four more weeks for you to decide and give me a final answer. I notify you where to meet me. Goodbye,” Hyun-Su and his daughter just left like that.  
    “What was that? Who do he think he is? God? He wish he’ll take over this country like that,” Yuchun yelled out in frustration.
    “Dad, what exactly is on your mind?” Jaejoong asked.
    The king sighed and stay quiet. Jae-Hwa was having a heavy heart she must kept her pregnancy a secret. Mostly importantly she must leave the place immediately. One year…that’s too long she’ll give birth already and she doesn’t want to live in the palace for the rest of her life with someone that doesn’t love her. She doesn’t want to be queen or anything, a regular life is fine for her.
    Sun-Hee knew Junsu was in line after Jaejoong and since Hei-Ryung left she was nervous and scare, hoping for it not to be her and Junsu. It would be her worst night mare ever.
    “Let me think about it,” the king finally speak.
    The princes and princesses left the king alone, they knew better not to bother him know. Even they are tense and angry at the moment.

    “This person better watch it if he wants war then let it come there’s no way a person like him will take over this place,” Yuchun kicked anything in his way on the way out.
    “Calm down, let’s see what dad willing to do first,” Jaejoong said.
    “Why does this have to happen now?” Yunho asked, not ready for another challenge yet. Junsu was not in the mood to deal with another problem when he still have plenty of personal problems to take care of…and he hopes nothing of this drama will make Sun-Hee end up hating on him more.
    Sun-Hee and Jae-Hwa left together. Jae-Hwa had been hiding about her pregnancy from her family even her sisters…truthfully she didn’t know where to start if she tells them.

    The Choi’s Family spend a quick time with the Han and left back home.
    “Who are they?” Eun-Mi asked after they left.
    “A great friend of your mom and I,” their dad answered.
    “Why don’t you girls go change and rest for today?” Mrs. Han suggested.
    The three sisters left to their room and rest for the day.

***********************************

    “Dad, it has been a week now what is your final decision,” Jaejoong asked, angry at himself for not being able to help. He was no use at all being the oldest.
    “I have been thinking…,” the king said as everyone in the room pay close attention to hear the final decision, “…since Jaejoong and Hei-Ryung had divorce the next one up is Junsu and Sun-Hee so I’m making them in line for King and Queen. For the sake of this country, we have to put the pressure on you two. I’m sorry but this is the best we can do for now.”
    “Dad, there is still Changmin and Jae-Hwa,” Junsu suggested knowing that his wife wouldn’t want what his dad had just propose.
    “Changmin had always been…,” the king started but then was stopped by Changmin.
    “Sorry I know I am far away from the position, I don’t want it and we are not ready,” Changmin said with a sense of hurt in his tone.
    Jae-Hwa was wondering about Changmin in the current situation and forgot all about the main focus that they we’re suggested to rule South Korea. Everyone was quiet for a minute.
    “I’ll let you two think about it and get me a response as soon as possible,” the king said and left.
    All the queens were anxious. Sad that they had nothing, no solution to help.
    
    “So what are we gonna do?” Yuchun asked his brothers. Everyone was quiet at the dinner table. There was still silent after Yuchun asked his question.
    “Sorry guys but then you all know how dad thinks of me and please do understand taking over this country is not a part of me at all,” Changmin explained.
    “But just because dad thinks of you like that doesn’t mean that you are going to leave him out and…,” Junsu started.
    “I know…what I’m saying is that I just don’t want to ruled over this country just because there are no one else. Just because they wanted a king and queen doesn’t mean that we can’t fight. I’m sure Jaejoong alone is better than me. Sorry taking over this country…I’m not willing too,” Changmin got up and left.
    Jae-Hwa looked at him till his back disappear, “What is exactly is his problem?”
    Yuchun looked at his brothers one by one to see which one is gonna explain to Changmin’s wife about his situation.
    “Well…you see…,” Yuchun wasn’t sure how to put it into words.
    “When Changmin was about eight, dad starts to see a slight differences in him. He seems to catch on thing slowly but he still have a very intelligent brain. Most of the time he seems careless of what he does and he doesn’t speaks much of what he thinks. Dad kind of lost hope him to become a normal kid and think normally like others. But these few years Changmin had done a lot he tries really hard. Even though he may takes a bit more time he still catch on very quickly,” Junsu explained.
    There was another moment of silence.
    “Is that why he almost seems to ignore people around him and seems careless of what everyone does? But he looks so smart and intimidating?” Jae-Hwa was confused and immediately got up walking toward the direction of where Changmin head to. She couldn’t find him in their room and start searching the Shim’s Palace.
    She found him in the back of the palace sitting on a bench with elbow on his knee, his face in his palms. She was double thinking whether to approach him or not. The palace is always beautiful at night time with all the lights shining. She could tell he’s frustrated by the lights shining on him.
    She watch him as he slowly pulled away from his palm and lean back against the bench. She knew that no matter how much he hates him at the moment her hearts tell her to go and sit right next to him. And that’s what she did.
    He looked at her. She looked at him. Is he crying? Why is his eyes red?
    “Are you okay?” she softly asked.
    “Don’t worry,” he said.
    She wasn’t sure what to asked next.
    “You wouldn’t mind if I lean on your shoulder right,” he asked looking straight forward.
    She looked at him and was taken aback by his words, “um…”
    “It’s okay I was just…”
    “Go ahead,” she interrupt him as if she did want him to lean on her.
    He slowly sunk down and lean his head onto her shoulder. He was much more taller than her so it was a bit uncomfortable but at that second he could careless.
    His eyes were close. Jae-Hwa slowly breathe didn’t want to interrupt him.
    “I didn’t know you have this much inside you. I don’t want to worry you anymore. Is it best if I stay here and be a bothersome to you or leave you? Since the day we married you never seems happy at the thought that I was your wife. Maybe if I leave you you’ll be much more happier. You don’t have to keep me just because of what you have done…I think I might be able to forget you,” Jae-Hwa thought, fighting with her mind and heart.

********************************

    Mr. and Mrs. Choi had came over another few times with Kan and help out around the farm.
    “Hei-Ryung tell your sisters to come over, your dad and I have something to say,” Mrs. Han said.
    “Okay hold on,” Hei-Ryung went over to the kitchen and call the younger two over.
    “Something came up?” Eun-Mi asked, didn’t know what else could possibly happen now.
    “Mom. Dad. Anything major?” Cho-Hee asked.
    “Well…this doesn’t concerned you and Eun-Mi just Hei-Ryung,” Mr. Han said.
    “Me?” Hei-Ryung sudden got interested, “Did I do anything wrong?”
    “No not at all…now you listen carefully. It’s nothing that we will force you to,” Mr. Han said making the three sisters listening carefully as they were all curious.
    “You see Mr. and Mrs. Choi,” their mom started and Cho-Hee had a feeling that it won’t be good already.
    “We have been friend for a very long time you see and before any of you guys were born we had promise each other to make our friendship stronger and said that we have kids of opposite we would like to engaged them, but then they moved away down south for a long time and now they are back and remembered about it they were wondering if we still kept that promise,” Mrs. Han finished.
    “Oh…no do not tell me that Kan likes Hei-Ryung and would like to…,” Cho-Hee already knew she was right.     “Bingo.” Mr. Han said.
    “But Hei-Ryung just came…,” Eun-Mi started and was interrupt.
    “That’s why I said it’s up to her. We won’t force her,” Mr. Han said.
    “Hei-Ryung, honey what are you thinking about?” Mrs. Han asked, notice she was daydreaming.
    “I-I-I um…please give me time to think,” she said.
    “Why do you want time to think clearly you don’t like him?” Cho-Hee questioned.
    “Cho-Hee,” their dad called her.
    “Sorry. I know Hei-Ryung is not like me. Though I hope she is like me some of the time. especially like right now,” Cho-Hee couldn’t seem to shut up.  
    “I agree, Hei-Ryung you better not accept it because just because you don’t want anything bad to happen. You can always go back to Jaejoong anytime. I rather let you back with him then remarrying someone new,” Eun-Mi said.  
    “Sorry,” Hei-Ryung stood up and left.
    “Oopps…I didn’t mean to say that,” Eun-Mi hung her head low.
    “But I agree with you,” Cho-Hee whisper to Eun-Mi’s ear.
    “You two talk too much,” the father said and left.  
    
    “Sun-Hee…,” Junsu called her. They were in there room just resting for the time being.
    “If you are just talking about that situation please don’t, you know I’m not plan to stay here for long,” Sun-Hee said. These days she had been ignoring Junsu a lot lately. She just didn’t know how much longer will she have to suffer in the palace. But is she suffering? Junsu was silent. He knew this was going to happen already and he wasn’t sure if he had made the right choice for both side, his heart and his country or family side.
    “Let us make a deal…,” Sun-Hee looked at him, “if you can stay with me until King of North Korean leaves and the problem is settle until dad finds someone new to replace us then I’ll let you go,” he words became lower and lower and by the end his last words was barely audible.
    Sun-Hee didn’t say anything. Should she accept it or not? Is that the only way to be able to leave.
    “how would I know that you’ll keep your words?” Sun-Hee didn’t know is she could trust him.
    “Up to you whether you trust me or not?” he said half-heartedly.
    “Fine,” Sun-Hee said and Junsu eyes seems to lighten up, “but you’ll have to keep the promise. Promise?”
    “Promise?” he smiled though that promise hurts him.

    “Mom. Dad. I’ve decided. I’ll marry…him,” Hei-Ryung spit out her feelings.
    Cho-Hee almost choked on her food and Eun-Mi almost spit her food out.  
    “Are you sure honey?” Mrs. Han asked, her daughter’s answer didn’t seems too confident.
    “Yes…mom,” she repeated her answer.