Slowly getting there

I hate Key-sunbae

 

Chae In woke up the next morning on the same seat. She noticed there was a blanket placed on top of her. JiEun might be the one who put it there when she fell asleep the last night. She sat properly and folded the blanket, then she placed it on the seat beside her. That’s when JiEun came out of the mini kitchen and served her a hot chocolate.

“I refused to give you coffee. Hot chocolate is much better.” She said as she placed the cup beside her.

“Thank You.” Chae In uttered.

“I realized you’ve become thinner than the first time I saw you. I guess you’re not eating properly these days. It’s only been 2 days since you left everybody and lost weight drastically.” She uttered.

Chae In silently drank the hot choco and looked at the empty space again. Few minutes later and the old doctor arrived.

“You came again.” He smiled after seeing Chae In’s face again. “You don’t look good at all.” He felt so sad as he was realizing Chae In is undergoing through something. He looked at JiEun and she silently nodded. “She could stay for as long as she wants to.” He said and looked at JiEun again. “Please make sure she eats well. Let’s make her healthy and the child inside her.” He placed his hands gently on top of Chae In’s hands. “You are carrying the most precious gift God will ever give to you. That is more than more than money, popularity, power or whatever else you can think of, so take care of it, and make sure you give the child a bright future ahead. If you need something, you can freely go to my office, but please excuse those few people that will come and go. My clinic is small and a quiet one but a lot still come in for check up. But they are all good. My patients are lovely people.” He smiled and went straight to his office.

Chae In stayed. She wants to think about all the things she’s been thinking these days. She felt sorry for JiEun, too. She didn’t sleep well and now she will start to work again.

Constantly, patients started appearing. There are commonly old people, ahjummas and ahjussis, so she felt comfortable that no one will recognize her.

She was looking at the ground when someone approached her. She raised her sight a bit and found out it was a little boy giving her a lollipop. He’s probably at least 3 years old. She looked at the boy debating over herself if she will get it or not.

“Please accept it.” The mother uttered so Chae In looked at her. “He told me you look sad so he wants to make you happy.” She said.

Chae In smiled and took the lollipop from him. “Noo—noona…” The boy was stuttering. “S-smilee.” He grinned and it made Chae In chuckled.

“Thank you, my dear.” She gently pinched the boy’s cheeks and then it ran back to his mother.

“My Seung Hyun is really great. Did you see noona laugh? It’s because of you. You’re so good my son.” His mother told the boy, hugged him and kissed him. She looked at Chae In and smiled.

There was also a girl sitting beside the mother and the baby boy who gave her the lollipop just a while ago. She was looking at Chae In intently. The mother put down the little boy and he went to the girl. “Noona…. Make noona smile…” He said to the girl.

The little girl shook her head and looked to the boy… “No… no candy.” She looked younger than the boy. He then whispered something to the little girl and the girl smiled eventually. She ran forward to Chae In and she was shocked for a bit. The little girl reached for her and hugged her tightly. She couldn’t control her emotions so she cried while hugging back the little girl. The boy saw it so he ran forward to noona again.

“Don’t cry.” He said and gently wiped noona’s tears. The girl let go and do the same as well. Chae In caressed both kids’ cheeks and told them she’s thankful.

A guy then walked forward and took the baby girl on his arms. “You did well, too, Han Ji-ah. Unnie smiled. You’re so precious my dear.” He said to his daughter. The guy seemed to be just around 22-24 years old.

Key…

(^o^)

JiEun went out of the clinic for a while to give a call to Minho.

“She’s safe here with me so don’t worry.” She uttered on the phone. “I’m trying my very best to relieve her depression and I think I’m doing a good job. Please tell Key to take a little rest and be assured that Chae In and the baby are very well here with me.”

“Should we go there to pick Chae In. She might be a disturbance to your work already.” Minho uttered on the other line.

“No it’s fine, and I think Chae In needs a little more time to talk to Key, and she’s not a burden at all, so it’s really okay. I’ll hang up now, just tell Key everything’s fine already.” She ended the call and went back to the clinic.

Chae In was still sitting on the same couch, but unlike before, she was already talking to the people inside and a genuine smile can be seen on her face.



 

Author's Note:

And we're also nearing the final chapter ~ :)) Not the end, you know, for my fictions never end. LOLOL. I'm thinking of "Minho's damsel in distress", as the next story's title. teehee.