Plain speechless

I hate Key-sunbae

 

 

Key called Chae In that they will meet each other late afternoon today. She smiled because that would mean she will have the rest of the morning to find a very good anniversary gift to his boyfriend.

Bracelet? Necklace? An overall outfit? Earrings, perhaps?

She was hesitant to go to the mall. What if fans get to recognize her? It would be such a hassle to be crowded by a lot of people. But she doesn’t want to go with anyone either. She wanted to find a special gift for Key that only she would choose. She doesn’t want anyone else to see it. This is her very personal mission.

She dressed herself as a complete different person. With long skirt and conservative long sleeves, she even tied her hair simply, and put on large circular specs on. She finished her look with a mask on her face.

“Doing such efforts for you, huh?” She chuckled while looking at herself in the mirror.

She went inside the mall freely. Chae In took the bus in going to the mall and no one noticed her yet. She felt somehow happy because her disguise was working.

She browsed the mall without any worries. She never experienced doing this again after debuting so she’s very happy she can do it now.

She gently massaged her temples as she felt the familiar dizziness again. She’s been feeling this kind of dizziness for few days now. She thought it might probably be the cause of her everyday practice without proper diet. Key couldn’t even monitor her properly because he’s also busy. He didn’t know Chae In eats a lot only when he’s around, the rest of the days she spends without him is just all about practicing. Not even enough sleep and eat.

She was walking slowly when she saw the women section of the department store so she decided to stroll around before finding Key an appropriate gift.

Chae In was browsing through the clothes when she suddenly went out of balance as she felt the world suddenly turned upside down.

“Ow, miss, are you okay?” The girl, who was just beside her, quickly caught her for support. “You don’t look okay at all.” She said as she took a look at Chae In’s pale looking skin.

She helped herself up and was cautious enough that the girl might probably recognize her. “I’m okay. Thank you.” She said and was about to walk when she suddenly went out of balance again. The girl caught her immediately.

“Miss, you’re not really fine.” She uttered. “Let me take a look at your face. Don’t worry I’m a nurse in profession.” She said and removed her mask without any warning. It was too late when Chae In tried to get it back. “You look really pale. Tsk. You’re probably not eating right these days.” She said as she shook her head. “We should go to the hospital or to the nearby clinic.”

“No please.” She moved a little bit and refused to look at the girl face to face.

The nurse might have noticed her uneasiness so she looked at her intently. “Are you an idol?” She said in her lowest tone possible. Chae In tried to deny it but the nurse didn’t believe her. “You look familiar. I think I saw you twice or thrice on television before. I’m not really fond of following idols so nevermind. I don’t know you so you can come to me for check up.”

“Thank You but I really cannot go to the hospital. I can’t.” She said trying to imply that she cannot go there because people might recognize him.

“I’m working on a small private clinic wherein the doctor is old enough to be our grandfather. There’s not patients at around this time so we can go for a while, and besides, he won’t probably recognize you because he’s old enough not to watch entertainment shows anymore.”

“I’m really fine, but thank you for your concern.” She said and started walking away when the girl held her back.

“You fell in front of me 2 times already. I can’t let you go without knowing you’re safe alone. What if you suddenly collapse anywhere else? People who will see you will definitely recognize who you are. It will stir bigger trouble. You cannot tell me your name if you like. I just want to be of help because I somehow feel you need some medical attention already.”

Because the girl insisted so Chae In went with her. True enough. What if she collapses there and people will gather just because they will figure out it’s her? It’s scarier so she’ll just go with her who didn’t even know who she is.

It was true. The old doctor has no idea who she is and she was on an empty clinic that afternoon.

“But the symptoms say you’re pregnant.” He said as he removed his glasses and looked at her. “And you’re not feeling well because you’re not eating too much. But knowing how you look right now. I don’t think you’re aware that you’re already 2 months pregnant.”

Chae In looked at him blankly. What he says doesn’t appear to enter her mind the right way. What did she hear? Was he talking about pregnancy?

“Here. Please do this test.” He said and gave him a pregnancy test kit. She looked at him in doubt. “You’ll just try… if it’s negative then that means you’re sick somewhere. If it’s positive, you’ll take it three times.” He said and she just followed.

For three times… those tests appeared to be positive, and Chae In suddenly felt her whole world together with her dreams crashing right in front of her.

This can’t be happening. No. This is not happening…

“I won’t prescribe you any medicine because it might affect the baby, but I will require you to eat a lot of healthy foods and drink this milk that I will prescribe. You also need some rest, as how I look at you, you’re body seems to be very exhausted. Try to relax a little bit. If you can have another check up together with your husband then it is much better. By the way, congratulations for the future baby.” He said and even shook hands with her.

She lazily went out of the room. The nurse she was with just a while ago approached her. “I’m afraid that news is not really a good thing on your part.” She uttered with sympathy.

She looked at her, and suddenly, tears flowed freely. The nurse immediately came to hug her.

“What should I do? I can’t have this now. I’m going to have my international promotion soon.” She said while crying. “I never saw this coming. I’m not prepared for this.” She let go of the nurse shoulder and looked at her.

“Do you know any clinic that accepts abortion procedure? Does this clinic accept abortion? Can we do it now while it’s still a blood inside?” She uttered in panic.

The nurse immediately grabbed her shoulders. “NO YOU’RE CRAZY.” She uttered bluntly. “IT’S NOT A BLOOD ANYMORE. You’re too much pregnant. It surely has a life now!” She pulled her inside the ultrasound room and did it to her. “Look. The baby already has a life. You are going to kill a living person.” She said while showing him the baby through the monitor.

“No. I really cannot have the baby.” She removed the tool on her stomach and stood up. “I really can’t.” Without bidding any goodbyes, she just left.

Shin Ji Eun, the nurse, felt really scared and worried for the baby inside that woman’s tummy. She won’t sleep tonight if she doesn’t find out who that person is.

No, please. You’re kidding me when you told me you want to abort the precious child.



 

Author's Note:

Oh my freaking No ~~

PS. Normally when I name a sudden character... it would mean she'll play a big part. Minho feels, anyone? *hints*