Task designated to SHINee Key

I hate Key-sunbae

 

“Eh? Lee Sooman wants to meet me? Only I, hyung? Are you sure?” Key was surprised when their manager informed him about his arranged meeting with the C.E.O of the company. “It should be Onew hyung since he’s the leader.” He said.

He was never called for a solo appointment. Even if it was for solo activities such as musicals, variety shows, or whatever, it will always be the manager talking to the president and will reiterate everything to him after the meeting. But this is very surprising. Why on Earth would Lee Sooman want to talk to him?

“He said he wants to talk to you.” The manager confirmed. “Of course I didn’t ask why. Once he said he wants to talk to you, then he would probably mean it in a very serious way.”

And yes, Lee Sooman really has a clear and serious purpose as to why he called for Key at his office.

“What do you think about the idea of our company in debuting a solo female like BoA? After all, we never really had another solo artist like her.” Lee Sooman asked as both of them sat opposite each other at his office.

Key was surprised but was able to hold it in. Why does he need to ask me this kind of thing? “It will be a great thing, sir, knowing that solo artists actually make it to the top chart these days.” He agreed then sudden thought came to his mind. “Are you trying to say I should go solo?” His eyes sparkled in delight.

“Do you want to go solo?” Lee Sooman dared to ask.

“I don’t want to be apart from the members ~” Key said, “But… I have a feeling Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung will leave us soon…” He made a cute face towards the C.E.O, “Should I debut as a solo then?”

“YAH.” Sooman uttered. “Don’t even try thinking of it. SHINee is going to be five until the end.” He said. “I need your help with this.”

Key started paying more serious attention to what the C.E.O was saying. “A female solo artist will have her debut few months from now, and I want you to be her sunbae guardian.”

“Eh?” Key made a funny face as if he couldn’t believe what he was saying. “What do you mean?”

“Omit the technicalities. Though you might want to teach her personally about singing and dancing but those are not your real concern. I want you to prepare her mentally and physically for her debut. I want you to let her know the do’s and dont’s in the industry.  Nothing special to teach her… I just want you to be there while she’s on preparation.” Lee Sooman leaned forward. “I’m expecting you to work hard for her, Kibum. Don’t disappoint me.”

“Can I see her then? When will I meet her?”

“If I’m not mistaken, she’s in her practice room today with her dance teacher. You should go check her there.”

Key left the office and went down the practice room to see the future star Lee Sooman was referring too. If she’s going to debut as a solo artist then she must be very good. Who among the hoobaes are really good anyways? Everybody else in the company that is on training seems to be stiffed.

He was about to open the door when someone came out. “Oh! Kibum-ah!” It’s Shim Jae Won, one of SHINee’s choreographers. “Why are you here?” He asked.

“I’m in charge of her.” He simply answered.

“Ohh~” Jae Won let out a naughty smile. “I see then~ Talk to her inside. I’ll just go get something.”

“Wait. Is she that good?” He asked in curiosity.

Jae Won raised two thumbs up. “It’s Dae to the Bak.” He said as if he’s very satisfied with the girl’s performance.

Key went in then after Jae Won left. He entered and what welcomed him was a y girl wearing a tank top and a short who was busy wiping off the sweat all over her body.

He almost dropped his jaw, but held it back since it’s really not his personality to pay obvious attraction to the opposite gender. He wants to keep it cool. He’s the type of guy who would want the girl to go crazy on him rather than him being crazy to the girl.

“I will be your temporary manager from now on.” He uttered without even saying hi for her to recognize his presence.

The girl was surprised and immediately removed the towel on her face as she tried to dry up.

Their gazes met each other as both look at each other’s direction. 1 … 2 … 3 …. 4 …. 5 … seconds of exchanging gazes and Key was the one who talked first.

“You?!” He said in annoyance. “Oh, really! How could it be?!” He said in raged.

“EH?” Chae In looked at him.

“This is not right. No. I will never allow this.” Key left her there and returned to the C.E.O’s office.

“But president, you can’t do this. I cannot stand being with that girl!” Key said in anger.

“Oh?” Sooman was shocked. “I thought you could get along well since I heard she’s Jonghyun’s wife’s bestfriend. I think she is actually close to SHINee.”

“She might probably close to them but not to me.” Key said. He was almost forgetting that who’s in front of him is his boss. “Please. I don’t want to do this work.” He said.

“But Kim Ki Bum…” Lee Sooman gave him a serious look. “I was never asking you to do this… in fact, I’m ordering you to do this.” Key was about to say something again when Sooman talked again. “No ifs, no buts, I am already giving you her custody.”

“I will never want to be with Han Choonri.” Key uttered in strong conviction.

“I guess you need to get over with what the both of you are going through.” Lee Sooman stated, “and you need to start calling her Chae In. It’s her new name. The one that she will be using on her debut.”



 

Author's Note:

The problem is... once I started something, I really couldn't control myself from it. It is already 1:15 am here in my country and I'm still wide awake, typing random update... And it also warms my heart because I feel your support *cries buckets of tears on the side* See you tomorrow then~ HEHEHE.