Nerve wracking performance

I hate Key-sunbae

 

“Kibum-ah!” Jonghyun shouted when Key didn’t respond for the 3rd time. He almost jumped off of his seat when Jonghyun shouted close to his ears.

“Yah! What is your problem?!” Key shouted back.

“I’ve been calling you three times already?! Why aren’t you responding?!” Jonghyun said in a pissed off manner.

“Someone is nervous because the other someone is performing on stage later…” Onew said with a meaningful smile.

“Oh right. I almost forgot. It’s Chae In’s debut performance today!” Jonghyun said. “She’s probably feeling nervous right now. Should we go cheer her later?” He suggested.

“That will be great! And I know someone loves the idea?!” Onew uttered referring to Key.

“I don’t love the idea, hyung, okay?” Key denied and diverted his attention to something else.

“I’m not even mentioning name, Kibummie.” Onew replied. “Let’s go there after the photoshoot. I don’t want someone to stay out of focus just because he’s thinking of someone else.”

Key just looked at Onew hyung with sharp eyes. Why does he have to know everything?

“Aren’t you supposed to be there? You’re the manager.” Minho asked.

“She just got a real manager yesterday. My job is done already.” Key stood up and acted as if he doesn’t care about what is being talked about.

But only he knows how nerve wracking it is to ever think Chae In’s gonna perform on stage later on. He felt his heart bursting. It’s as if he will be the one debuting today.

(^o^)

She was already inside the dressing room preparing for her first ever performance on stage. Her stylist was fixing her hair while she was vocalizing.

“Are you ready, Chae In-ah?” Her new manager asked her after few minutes.

“I’m nervous, oppa, but I really can do this.” She said and tried to smile.

“Good. Relax, okay?” He said and left her side again.

It wasn’t long after the conversation, SHINee arrived. “Chae In-ah!” Jonghyun happily entered the dressing room followed by the other SHINee members. “We are here to cheer for you!” He said.

Chae In stood up in surprise and smiled widely. She became a little bit comfortable now that the sunbaes are here to cheer for her. “Thank you very much for coming, sunbaes! I really need you now!”

“Wow, our Chae In looks so gorgeous today.” Onew praised. “You will probably do well. Bring the power diva on stage, okay? We will be watching.” He said.

Few minutes later and other SM Artists arrived. SJ Eunhyuk, Donghae, Shindong, and Kyuhyun arrived with SNSD Sooyoung and Jessica, along with F(x) Krystal and Luna. Suddenly, the dressing area was filled with SM Artists.

Chae In couldn’t be any happier. Seeing how the fellow label mates personally come to see her, she really felt thankful and overwhelmed.

“The most important thing is how you look on the camera. Did you practice capturing the right camera while on stage?” Sooyoung asked her. “Oh. Isn’t Key the one who handled you? He’s good at capturing the right camera.”

“I learned it, unnie.” She said and smiled.

“You should always look charismatic on stage. Don’t worry about having some mistakes. You should always stay cool and hot at the same time.” Jessica uttered.

“Just stay calm and do whatever you have to do on stage. As long as you have the confidence, you’ll gain the heart of the fans.” Luna giggled. “If you look at SHINee sunbaenims performances, Onew oppa always makes mistakes. He even cracks his voice and falls sometimes, but because he’s very adorable and lovable on stage, fans actually don’t care about that.” Everybody laughed.

“No, Luna.” Key said. “They are just used on Onew Sangtae that’s why they never get surprise when he fails.” Everybody laughed again.

“Chae In-ssi. Let’s have a rehearsal first.” The staff came in to call her.

“That Chae In. Do well!” Everybody cheered.

Key was about to go out, too, when Onew stopped him by holding his shoulder, “Where are you going?”

“Ahh.. Comfort room.” Key said. “Do you want to go together, hyung?”

“No need. Just go.” He said and allowed him to leave. He turned to Jonghyun after a while who was just watching their conversation all along. “Before, he needs me whenever going to comfort room, even forces me just to go with him, now he doesn’t care about it anymore. Baby Key is a grown up already.” He said.

“That or he’s not really going to the comfort room.” They laughed and high fived.

Meanwhile, Key is on his way to the backstage, having random look backs to see if someone dared to follow where he was heading.

“Kibum-ah!”  It was Nicole from Kara. They were promoting at that time.

“Nicole!” Key said and greeted his friend.

“Why are you here?” She paused for a while. “Oh right! I almost forgot about your labelmate’s debut!” She said. “Are you here to support her?” She then let out a sneaky smile. “Aiya~ Kibummie~ Is the rumor true? You’re not telling me something, don’t you?” She teased with eyebrows going up and down.

“What rumor are you talking about?”

“Yaishh~” Nicole chuckled. “Just go there. She just got on stage.” She patted his arm and left already.

The hint of nervousness can be seen on her face as she got up on stage. A lot of staff went to congratulate and cheer for her. She smiled at everybody’s warm welcome. Her eyes went back to the backstage and saw Key standing there, arms crossed, looking at her as if he’s observing.

“Can I have 2 more minutes off?” She suddenly requested and the staff agreed. She ran towards Key.

“Hey, why are you here? You should go up and do some rehearsals now!” He said. He’s irritated about her again. “Don’t just stand here, hey!”

“Sunbae, do you think I can do well?” She asked. “I just really need to hear it right now.”

“Okay Okay…” He nodded as if he was admitting defeat. “You will do great, so don’t make me disappointed. Everybody knows I am a part of your training. Don’t put me to shame.” He said in a very snobbish manner.

“Okay!” She replied energetically. “I won’t fail you. You should watch and see me own that stage.” She said and ran back to stage.

Key shook his head and chuckled. He turned to the audience and saw a lot holding a banner with Han Chae In’s name on it. His eyes widened as he saw few fans holding banner with the word “KeyChain couple” in it. “Are they really serious about this?!” He said and just chuckled.

(^o^)

Actual performance. All the SM Artists that went to cheer for her gather on the audience area and watch her actual performance. Key was sitting silently with mind out of the reality when Taemin hand him something.

“Raise this.” He uttered. Key followed without even looking at it. The performance started and everybody was drawn into her performance. Oozing iness and charisma on stage, plus her very good vocals, fans thought they were having love at first sight towards her.

“Oh My God she’s very good!” Eunhyuk shouted. “WHOO!! Han Chae In charanddaa!!” He cheered.

“She’s so y! OMG!” The girls from SM Expressed.

Key was chanting in his mind, “Go Chae In, Go Chae In, You can do it. Go Chae In, go”, while moving the banner he was holding alongside the rhythm of the song.

He was too mesmerized by Chae In when he suddenly saw his face on the big screen right beside the stage. Fans screamed louder as they saw him holding a “I am Chae In’s Key” banner.

He immediately crumpled the banner in surprise. “YAH! Who gave that to me!!?!” He shouted in the middle of performance. Taemin looked at him innocently. “Not me.”