A day with darling’s parents

I hate Key-sunbae

Chae In and Key met at SHINee’s dorm. They were about to meet each other’s parents to eat all together as 2 families later. Of course, it’s Key’s treat.

“Do you want us to share expenses?” Chae In suggested after a while.

“Do you think I can’t handle it?” He raised an eyebrow towards Chae In. She raised her hands in defense.

“Alright. Alright.” She nodded and smiled cutely.

“Hey, it’s already 10 am. You should pick them up now. We have to meet at 12, okay? Don’t be late.” Key uttered.

“Oppa… I’m nervous. Will they accept me?” She asked in doubt. Key held her shoulders and gently kissed her forehead.

“Choosing you means you’re the best person that I can have for me. They know it, so I know they will quickly love you.” He said. “But I know your parents can’t accept me as fast as how my parents can accept you. It’s all on me, Chae Innie. Don’t worry.” He said while smiling.

“You can do it, Kim Kibum. You’re awesome and everybody knows it.” She smiled to cheer her boyfriend as well.

Both of them separated ways and went to pick up their parents.

(^o^)

“Annyonghasaeyo~” Chae In greeted as soon as she entered Onew and Soojin’s house. At the living area were Key’s parents sitting on the couch. They stood up when Chae In entered and Key’s mother immediately smiled and went towards Chae In.

“I suppose you are Han Choonri.” Key’s mother immediately held Chae In’s hands and looked at her with all smiles. “I am Kibum’s mother and he is his father. It is really nice meeting you finally.”

“It is nice meeting you, too, ma’am, sir.” She said politely, smiling back at the couple.

“Oh no. no. Please call us Appa and Umma. You’re a part of the family now.” She said happily. “Oh let’s sit for a while and we want to get to know you more.” Key’s mother uttered and the three of them occupied the couch on the living area. Chae In was sitting in the middle of Key’s mother and father.

“Kibum talks a lot. I’m sorry if he seems to be naggy even to you.” Key’s father said after a while. Chae In smiled at him and shook her head.

“He’s not naggy at all.” She said. “There are times when he really scolds me, but I realize he just does that because he loves me.”

“Is he giving you a hard time?”

“Sometimes. But I think it’s just part of the relationship.” She answered to them.

They went for a few more talk and Chae In felt how welcoming Key’s parents are to her. She felt happy and comfortable around them. They sure love her already.

But  Chae In is still worried. His parents welcomed her with warm heart… what about her parents to key?

(^o^)

Key gulped as he felt really awkward at the sudden silence. He was now in Jonghyun and Choonhee’s wife because Chae In’s parents are staying there. Chae In’s mom just stood up to get some drinks for the three of them.

“I heard all the things you said about her during the first months of your fake relationship.” Chae In’s father said out of nowhere. Key looked at him in alertness. He never expected that the way he behaved before will be an issue about their relationship today. “What can you say about that?” Her father looked at him strictly.

“A—ahh… T-that…” Key was stuttering too much because he’s nervous. “I… I apologize to her already.” He said.

“If you already hurt a person… will it erase the pain the moment you apologize?” He asked.

Key gulped for the nth time. Why is the atmosphere with Chae In’s father like this? “I… I reflected on my mistakes… I promised her I won’t do it again.” He said like a scared child.

“The damage has been done, though.” Chae In’s father extended her legs and relaxed his back on the couch. “I was hesitant to allow Chae In be a performer, but I am more hesitant to hand her to you.” He admitted.

Key immediately looked at her father. “You don’t have to worry, sir. I love Chae In so much I can’t afford to hurt her again.” Her father just shrugged his shoulders and chuckled bitterly.

“Gong Ju-ah… stop frightening him like that.” Chae In’s mother said as soon as he placed the drinks on the center table. “Choonri wouldn’t want Key to be scared of her father.” She said and just smiled gently to Key. “Please let this pass from now. He’s just over protective when it comes to his daughter.”

“It’s not that I’m over protective.” Her father replied. “I just don’t want Choonri to be with someone who will just hurt her in the end. He is an idol. A lot of girls like him. How can I be sure that he will only look at Choonri?” He said.

“Han Choonri is also Han Chae In. The girl every fanboys is fantasizing about. Our daughter is not the same Choonri we raised before. She’s now one of the famous solo artists in Korea. It will be such a lost on Key’s part to ever let her go.”

Key thanked the fact that Chae In’s mom is cool. At least, someone else is willing to save him from her father’s sharp eyes.

(^o^)

The two families went to meet each other on a fancy restaurant that was reserved by Key. They met each other and started talking about their children.

“I’m really sorry if Kibum ever did some wrongs to our dear Choonri.” Key’s mother deeply apologized. They seem to be very humble and friendly. They treat Chae In’s parents very well. “We promise to make sure he’ll be reflecting into it.” She said.

Chae In’s mother smiled. “We raised Choonri to be a little spoiled and moody. I’m thinking there are also times when Key might be so depressed because of Choonri’s tantrums. We’re deeply sorry for that.” Chae In’s mother answered.

“Umma… Appa…” Key and Chae In both said. “We’re fine. We can handle things very well. You don’t have to apologize to each other because we are accountable to each other’s personality already.” Among the two of them, Chae In was the only one comfortable enough to say something. “Right, Key?” She turned to him and saw how gloomy his expression is.

“Right.” Key simply answered and tried eating again.

After eating, Key excused himself for a while.

“I’m keeping an eye on you.” He was surprised to see Chae In’s father beside him. He went out of the restaurant for a while to calm his nerves down. He didn’t know Chae In’s father will follow.

“When you become a father. You’ll realize how hard it is to let a daughter live her own life. I was the first man Chae In loved, so it’s hard to believe that after long years of making me the only man in her eyes, she already have someone else that she looks at right now.” Her father chuckled. “Just like how hard it was for me to hand her unnie to her husband. It will be as hard to accept Choonri is not a baby anymore.” He looked at Key and patted his shoulder. “But I saw how good your parents are, and I believe they raised you as good as them. Somehow it made me realize you’re a very good man.” Key smiled. “But that doesn’t mean I’ll never observe the things that you do. Be it in personal or in television, I will surely look after you.” Key’s smile flew away again. “Take good care of Choonri as how I took really good care of her. Can I rely on you for that?”

“Of course, sir. I will do my best and I will surely take care of her.” He said seriously.

Chae In’s father patted Key’s shoulder. “Nice to hear that, kibummie. We should head back now. They are probably wondering what took us so long.” He said and went ahead. Key smiled again, breathed one deep breath, and followed him back inside.


Author's Note:

I'm so moody. Why do I sometimes feel less important to others? -.-