Can’t take my eyes off of you

I hate Key-sunbae

 

They went straight to the after party arranged by the event’s coordinator that night. As usual, Key went with Chae In inside the car.

“Is there something on my face?” Chae In asked while they are inside the car.

“Eh?” He blinked a couple of times and asked.

“You’re looking at me weirdly.” She said. “Is there any problem?” She asked innocently.

“Oh. Nothing.” He realized he was looking at her too much. He looked at the window to divert his attention. “Aish.. why do you look abnormally beautiful today?” He whispered.

“You’re saying something?” Chae In asked.

“Nothing. Don’t mind me, okay?” He said like he was pissed again.

“I think you’re going crazy…” Chae In laughed and shook her head. “You’re talking to yourself. Really crazy…” She said.

It’s your fault, pabo. Key sighed and looked away.

They reached the venue and entered together, arms clinging to each other.

“Is it just me? Or they seem naturally sweet?” Minho frowned as he saw the two’s entrance. “Are they doing those according to script? Is it just for a show?”

“I don’t think so.” Jonghyun shook his head. “It’s natural. Try to look at them. They’re holding each other’s hands unconsciously. Once Key realized he’s holding her too much, he will get loose of it but as time passes by, you’ll realize they are doing it again.” Jonghyun pointed at their hands clasped together. “Look. Key suddenly put his hands on his back, afraid that he’ll hold her hand again. 5… 4… 3… 2… 1… and… see? He’s holding her hands again.” Minho and Jonghyun chuckled as they watched Key get in panic as to how he should properly lead Chae In.

His hands don’t know where to go. He will put his hands on his back, then he will hold her hand, then he will cross his arms, then he will put them on his back again, then he’ll hold Chae In’s hand again, then he’ll wrap his arm around her waist. It’s funny how he doesn’t know what to do beside Chae In.

After a while, Key and Chae In sat with the other SHINee member.

“Do you drink?” Key asked Chae In when alcoholic beverages were served at the table. “Or should we ask for juice instead?”

“Juice.” She said and Key smiled, “Please give her an orange juice instead. Thank you.”

“So weird…” Jonghyun uttered out of nowhere as he saw how Key gestured towards Chae In.

Key then noticed that Chae In was constantly rubbing her arm with her hand. He took off his coat and wrapped it around her. He took a table napkin, opened it from the folding, and placed it on her lap.

Chae In looked at him. He just drank water as if nothing happened.

Of course, who wouldn’t be happy to see such a caring and gently version of Key? She smiled to herself and felt a little giddy… how sweet it would be if Key sunbae is like this all the time.

“Aish… why are they taking too long to serve the food?” 

He was thinking about the food when his sight captured Chae In’s face again. He stares at her as she roams her eyes around the whole venue. Key was looking just a side of Chae In’s face.

I have to admit I really thought she is hot the moment she performed that dance in front of me on our first practice session together. She is very y. No man can resist her appeal…

But now, I would rather call her beautiful than hot and y. Her eyes sparkle and they are beautiful. The way she smiles genuinely… gives me a fluttering feelings and it really warms my heart. I hated it when I saw her cry at Jonghyun’s home, but I don’t know why I loved it when I see her tears fell again a while ago as she delivered her thank you speech after winning the award.

Those are different tears, maybe… I wish the tears on her eyes in the future will always be just because of happiness.

He was busy getting amused of every Chae In’s facial expression when his good friend Jinwoon came. “Oh. I found you.” Key immediately flinched and sat straight up. The thing predators do when they smell that a rival was coming. Ready for the fight anytime soon.

Jinwoon sat beside Chae In. “I brought you something”, and handed her a glass of wine.

“Oh..” Chae In smiled awkwardly while looking at the glass.

“Just have it. I took it especially for you.” Jinwoon uttered.

“But… I don’t drink.” She said with a sorry face.

Jinwoon frowned. “Can’t you have this just for me? They say rejecting an offer is a bad thing.”

With a blink of an eye, Key took the glass of wine from Jinwoon’s hand and drank it all. He then gave the empty glass back to Jinwoon.

“Jinwoonie~ You know very well, right?” Key said with an obvious smirk.

“Hey, Key, I was just trying to be friends with your girlfriend.” He said in defense.

“You’re my friend so I know you’re taste when it comes to girls.” Key chuckled a bit. “And I don’t actually feel secured with you around Chae In. If you want you can sit to this side and let’s have a talk together. I just don’t want you close to her.” Key uttered.

Jinwoon chuckled and followed what Key said. He sat next to Key instead of Chae In. “Yahhh~ I thought you are not together in real life.” He chuckled as he sat there.

Key frowned. “What do you mean?”

“When I talked to Chae In she told me both of you are not really dating, it’s just something SM came up that both of you didn’t even know about… so I was thinking it’s okay to like her somehow… I didn’t know you like her for real, so I’m really sorry.” Jinwoon chuckled.

Key frowned and looked at Chae In. “You told him we’re not dating?” He said with one eyebrow raising towards her.

“I thought it’s okay for him to know it since both of you are close friends.” Chae In admitted hesistantly. Key sighed and shook his head. He then turned back to Jinwoon.

“But hey, you should stay away from her. I’m not allowing you in close distance.” Key said with finality.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

Yey for all the lovely comments each of you has given! It is so appreciative and touching!! Hehehehe... Reading your comments make me want to write more! See? I updated again! Hahahaha. ILY lots! Updates again later~~ Whoo~