I hate you but I’m here for you

I hate Key-sunbae

 

Key entered the practice room and saw Chae In on the corner, curling herself and hugging her knees while thinking deeply. She didn’t even notice Key’s entrance.

“Han Chae In.” Key called out and put his bag on the side. He then sat beside Chae In and tried to peep at her face which is buried on her knees. “Are you alright?” He asked.

“Sunbae…” She looked up at him, pouting. Key was shocked at first.

This is the first time she called me that, and why does she looked cute right now?

“The album has been released worldwide. I’m really nervous right now.” She admitted and went back to burying her face. “What to do? Will the people accept it? What will they say? I’m very nervous I feel like running away now.”

“I thought you’re confident.” He said and leaned on the wall.

Chae In looked at him again. “What do you mean confident? I am really about to die right now. I don’t think I can take this. I’m really under pressure.” She said while shaking her head aggressively.

“The debut performance is the most nerve wracking event of all, so you don’t have to worry. It’s just a release of single.” Key tried to say something that can make her feel okay, but it turned out that Chae In became more nervous.

“You mean I’ll feel even worse once I stand on stage to perform? I don’t think I can do it anymore. Should I withdraw before the performance?”

Key’s eyes widened after hearing what she said. “You mean you’ll quit? Hey, are you crazy?!” He shouted.

Instead of shouting back, like what they always do, Chae In looked at Key with puppy eyes, “I’m scared.” She uttered with a shaky voice.

Key felt his heart melting. Why does she have to look like this in front of him? Key sighed and slowly put his hand on top of her head. He patted it gently.

Surprisingly, Chae In leaned on his shoulder and the next thing he heard was her sob.

“I don’t know what I feel right now..” She started. “I feel nervous, excited, overwhelmed, pressured, happy… a lot more.”

Key tried to relax himself a bit. He doesn’t want Chae In to feel he is shaking because her head was placed on his shoulder.

“This was just a dream, I really never imagined this to come really fast. It’s like a lightning. I don’t think I had enough time to prepare myself physically, mentally, and emotionally.” She said as tears silently flow on her cheeks.

“I remembered how I used to be on the same situation.” Key started talking. “There was a time when I felt like quitting because I cannot stand the pressure and the difficulties that I’m undergoing. I’m studying and training at the same time, and my family was not there for me. I lived in Daegu. It was a very difficult thing for me to stand the loneliness when I want them on my side.”

Key reached for her head again and patted it gently. “But once you realized you are one step closer to your dream, it’s hard to really let go and quit everything you already did on the first part.” He said. “You will experience harder things as you go along. Pressures, tight schedules, restlessness, criticism, and whatever else there is. You will all have them. But at the end of the day all you need to do is look back, see how far you have already gone, and you’ll realize how it’s worth the pain and hardships.”

She removed her head from his shoulder and looked at him, probably surprised at why these words were coming out of the Diva’s mouth.

“I may not like you, okay.” He explained. “I mean, You really irritate me to hell and I really hate you for that, but I can’t set you aside now that I see how you grew and prepared yourself.” He patted her arm. “I hate you, but you can come to me whenever you feel burdened and worn out.”

“Can I request?” She uttered out of nowhere.

“What?”

“I want to see you smile. I never see you smile ever since the day we hated each other.” She uttered.

“I don’t smile as requested. It comes naturally, you know.” Key tried to refuse. He looked at Chae In and she suddenly made a funny face.

“What is that?” Key said and he chuckled. “Are you trying to be funny?”

“That’s it. I can even see how you laugh.” Chae In smiled.



 

Author's Note:

It's funny how I think my readers really know well. :) I just met new friend ~ And she knows who she is. Hahaha. Suddenly, I want to talk to all of you who are reading this to have a self assessment on whether my personality has been revealed after all the fanfics that I've wrote. Trolololol. Anyhow ~ I'm glad you are all liking where this is heading! :D