Chae In’s precious jewel

I hate Key-sunbae

 

It was past 9 pm when SHINee came to the house. Since Onew has his family to go home to, he left earlier and the other members stayed. Jonghyun wondered. Chae In didn’t even greet them when they came in. They are already eating at the dining area but Chae In seemed to be not recognizing their presence yet.

“What’s up to her?” Jonghyun asked Choonhee while 5 of them (JongKey2Min with Choonhee) were sitting and eating together at the table.

“Being her usual self.” Key responded. “She never really paid attention to everyone you know, even to her sunbaes.” He said while munching.

“It’s not like you know what happened.” Choonhee said to Key. He just shrugged his shoulder.

After dinner, the three other guys decided to watch TV before going home. Minho bounced to the couch, sitting few inches away from Chae In.

“Our Chae In seemed to be thinking about something serious. Is there something wrong, Chae Innie?” Minho asked to his hoobae.

Chae In just shook her head while burying her face to her curled legs, “It’s nothing, sunbae. I’m fine.”

They find it unusual. It is not really Chae In to not be attentive and talkative. She’s being so reserved and quiet at that moment.

“Yah. Why don’t you just go home?” Key uttered with a tone again.

They were all puzzled when Chae In suddenly stood up. “You win.” She said to Key with a smooth voice. “I admit defeat.” She bit her lower lip because she’s afraid that she might cry.

“Heh.” Key smirked halfway. “You definitely know I am the winner in the first place.”

“But I just wanted you to know that was pretty harsh.” She admitted while looking at Key. The other people inside the room went silent, both looking at them, and thinking what will happen next.

“I worked hard in order to have what I have today. I know… I know being linked to you was a big part of my success today as a rookie, but you don’t have to slap it to my face. I know it, and I realized how your name affected mine. I realized your influence, and I want you know that I never liked that.” She said. Key was even shock when he saw a spark on her eyes, the next thing, tears fell uncontrollably.

She wiped it off and continued talking. Key was looking back, thinking of what is happening, feeling apologetic, sorry, and crazy about seeing her tears, and damn, that is because of him.

“I wanted to show to everyone that I can be a star without any name being put on myself. I want to shine on my own, and everybody saying that we’re dating hurts me a lot. I feel like they are just paying attention to me because I’m involved to you and not because I have the talent. Admitted, I feel overwhelmed and touched that your fans like me and they don’t bash me, but please, can I just be popular on my own?”

“Ch- Choonri-ah.” Key uttered. He saw another tear fell. Chae In immediately wiped it and took her bag. “I’m going. Choonhee-ah, take care.” She said and immediately went out of the house, leaving the other speechless of what she all said.


Author's Note:

That moment when you see her tear fell and you know it's you who made her cry... Seriously... Key is being seriously unfair.