Broken Skateboard

Changed By You

Fic request of riskawn or riskawandi :) 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

He goes to the place where skateboarders hang out when everyone is asleep. It is already past two in the morning. He usually goes there when he couldn’t sleep. He has the place all by himself. All he could hear is his voice echoing around the places and the wheels of his skateboard touching the cement floor as he moves from one location to another.

 

He sits on the floor, tired. “That was fun.” She hears echoes of a familiar sound – sound of skateboard wheels touching the cement floor. Then he recognizes the sound of something or rather someone falling on the ground, and wood breaking. “!” That voice makes him stands up and walks toward the direction of the sounds he’s hearing.

 

“Oh God! Are you alright?” He helps her stand up.

 

“Obviously, I am in great pain right now.” She just broke her angle, and now she has a long wound on her leg, just below the knee.

 

“You’re bleeding.” His eyes widen for a bit then he looks for a cloth to cover the wound and decides to use his shirt since he is also wearing a wife beater underneath his shirt.

“Ahhh. God, that hurts!” The pain on her broken angle makes her hold on to his arm.

 

“! Your angle is broken too.” He is not great on noticing things. But he is sure that the way she holds on to his arm right now can leave a bruise on his arm.

 

He tears up his shirt to some of it could cover her wound; some of it could use to bandage up her broken angle.

 

“No! My board!” She focuses all her attention to her broken skateboard that lay beside her. She holds on to it tightly, sad, as Henry helps her to get out of the abandoned building.

 

“You’re new here, aren’t you?” He asks as he takes the broken skateboard from her. It may splinter her hands and arms.

“Yup. I wanted to check this place out since everyone is talking about this place.” She limps as she holds on to his shoulder.

 

“Why come here so late?” He tries to carry his skateboard and what is left of her skateboard, and to help her walk home.

 

“I couldn’t sleep so I decided to check out the place all by myself. I clearly have nothing to do tonight. I think now that was not a great decision after all.”

 

“Let’s stop for a sec.” He catches his breath. “I have an idea. I hope you won’t get mad.”

 

“What is it then?”

 

“I could carry you. It will be easier for the both of us.”

 

She laughs and he just looks at her as he rubs his arms with his hands since of all nights, he has forgotten to bring a jacket. “Oh, you’re serious?” She stops laughing, and clears . She feels awkward around him all of a sudden.

 

“Yes.” He coughs. He is definitely cold.

 

“I am grateful that you are here to help me, but I don’t even know you and let alone, carry me around town. I could call someone to pick us up.”

 

“You are definitely new here. This town has a weak signal at certain places. And where we are now is one of those certain places. Plus what is the worst that could happen? I could tell you my name if that changes your mind. You’re badly hurt, and you’re bleeding, carrying you is best option to do.”

 

“And you are?” That reply gives him the affirmation he wants to her from her.

 

“Henry.” He reaches out his hand for a handshake.

 

“Amber.” She smiles at him, and shakes his hand.

 

“Now that we know each other, may I now carry you like a bride?” He jokes, wanting her to smile at him again.

 

“No one ever asked me that before.” She laughs as she sees Henry making his way to her back, ready to carry her. She fringes as he places one arm on the back of her knees and one arm on the part of her back below her shoulders.

 

“Wow, you are lighter than you look.” He notices how baggy her hoodie, shirt and basketball shorts she is wearing.

 

“Thanks? I don’t know if that is a complement or not.”

 

“It is.” He smiles at her.

 

Amber can feel how cold he is since he is just wearing a wife beater. “Put me down, Henry.”

 

“We already talked about this. You could carry until we reach your house or to some place you want me to leave you.” He is still carrying her, continues on walking.

 

“Henry, please.”

 

“As you wish” He does what he was told. “Careful” He gently watches and guides Amber as she tries her best to stand straight.

 

“Hold the end of my shirt.” She tells him since her hoodie isn’t the wind breaking style one that has a vertical zipper in front.

 

“Oh, okay.” He prevents her shirt to be lifted up as she removes her hoodie, and notices her chest.

 

“O…kay” She gives him his jacket, and then covers her chest using her arms, Henry’s hand still at her back, helping her not to fall. He immediately averts his eyes. “What was that about?” She asks.

 

“I heard the other guys from school, commenting you don’t have big enough s and all.”

 

Her eyes widened the moment she heard the word, big enough s. “The ”

 

“I know right. But clearly you have….” He stops himself from saying, s again, “them.”

 

“I think you can carry me again so I could go home now, for all of this not to be totally awkward and weird.”

 

“I think that is a good idea.” He carries her again.

 

-x-

 

“See that white gate.”

 

“That is where you live. Wow! You must be filthy rich.”

 

“Nah. My father is.”

 

“You sneaked out without triggering the security alarms. You could a great thief one day, or a spy, or an agent working for a secret government organization.”

 

“I just sneaked out from my house, not from a prison or some other fully guarded place.”

 

Henry gently places her down from his arms in front of the said white gate and he opens the gate for her and that triggers the alarms. Amber drops his skateboard and her broken skateboard that he lets her hold, making more noise that they already are making.

 

He picks up the skateboards, his skateboard rolls towards the other side of the road. “What did I just do?” and gets his skateboard then walks towards Amber since she almost fell, as quickly as he could.

 

“You just woke up my whole family that is what you just did.” She cursed afterwards.

 

“! Really?” He nervously gets inside since he was still helping Amber to walk towards the main door of her house which is apparently a well secured mansion.

 

She uses her key to enter the mansion and just what she expects her brothers are already there at the living room, awakened by the alarms, waiting to see who triggered the alarms.

 

“What happened to you?” Donghae, the eldest, notices her bandaged right leg and ankle.

 

“And why is there a hand on her waist?” Jonghyun, the middle child, the second-born son, notices Amber trying to hide Henry.

 

“Did this guy hurt you?” Donghae walks towards Amber.

 

“And what happened to the custom-made board I gave you?” Jonghyun now stands beside Donghae.

 

Donghae hits Jonghyun’s head. “Focus on Amber, not on the skateboard. You fool!”

 

“Hey you! What did you do to our sister? And why are you wearing her hoodie?” Jonghyun steps closer to them, Donghae as well. Henry immediately steps in front of Amber, causing Amber to hold on to his waist.

 

“I saw Amber on the ground, already injured so I helped her and we went here. That is it.” Henry explains what happened.

 

“Oh!” The brothers calm down and step away from Henry and Amber.

 

“We should go to the hospital then, to see how broken Amber’s ankle is, maybe she has other broken bones, and so her wound will be all cleaned up.” Jonghyun suggests, Donghae already grabbing their jackets and keys.

 

“No need.” Amber insists.

 

“Why?” Donghae asks.

 

“Do you want Dad to know about this? He is a doctor and still at the hospital. Even if you bring me to another hospital, he will still find out. Doctors and nurses gossips as well.”

 

“I know Yoona and Jessica who work at Woon General Hospital. And could call them and make sure they will let you guys enter and exit the hospital without being seen.”

 

“You know the famous, not to mention, hot female doctors who usually give consultations on talk shows when the topic is about some medical procedure or treatment?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Why didn’t you say this information sooner?” The brothers are already heading to the car.

 

“Wow, guys, both of you totally forgot about the one whom you two will be bringing to the hospital and needs urgent medical care.” She tells her brothers, Henry already helping her down the stairs in front of the main door and towards the car. “If beautiful girls are involved, you two forgot about everything else. You didn’t even ask Henry, who he is.”

 

“Hi Henry” Donghae and Jonghyun greeted Henry before entering the car. “See Amber, we know him. And if we are not just meeting beautiful girls, didn’t you hear what I said a while ago, they are hot.”

 

“Plus time to meet your sisters-in-law.” Donghae starts the car, release the hand break and steps on the clutch and gas pedal as they all saw the gardener opens the gate. “Wait, I do not know how to get to Woon General Hospital.” He steps on the brakes.

 

“Then why did you sit at the driver’s seat?” Jonghyun asks.

 

“Let me drive. I know how to get there.” Henry suggests.

 

“We owe you big time, Henry. And we are already welcoming you to the family, brother.” Jonghyun smiles at Henry and Amber.

 

“Jonghyun!” Amber shouts even she is in pain right now.

 

“What? Henry is your secret boyfriend right who you have been keeping from us. Isn’t he?” And that reply earns Jonghyun a smack in the back of his head.

 

“Hit my head more so Jessica could heal my bruises.” Jonghyun insists.