Lookin' Extra Pretty

Changed By You

“Hey” Amber reached for his hand for a pound hug which led to them holding their hands longer than they should be like as seen in backstage interviews. “Hey, what took you –?” Amber already stepped away, when Henry noticed that something was different about Amber. “Why are you looking at me like that? Stop it.” Amber wanted let go of his hand, but Henry wouldn’t let her, and even pulled her a step closer. Henry moved his head to the side, thinking, looking straight at her, with eyes slowly getting smaller by the minute. “Henry, stop whatever you’re doing.”

His face now moving closer to hers, his nose almost touched her neck so she moved her head backwards, taking a step away from him for much needed personal space he was evading. “Dude, seriously?” Though they were still holding each other’s hands. Henry continued on what he was supposed to do. He sniffed like a dog that he was. “Same perfume.” He moved to her shirt. “For ’s sake.” Amber still trying to stay away from Henry especially from his nose. “Same fabric softener.” His other hand raised her arm. He was checking if she changed her deodorant.  “Same what? What the is happening?” She couldn’t believe he knew the scent of the fabric softener she used. He knew the scent of her clothes.

She didn’t let him smell her armpit for a second more. He smelled her hair and neck again. “Same shampoo and soap.” He turned his attention to her hand he was holding and pulled it closely to his nose. “Same lotion.” His nose failed him so far. Failing to realize the sense of smell wasn’t needed to know what he noticed earlier. His sense of sight wasn’t as great as his sense of smell. His nose was bigger than his eyes anyways. That explained a lot.

He looked at her from head to toe (checking her out). Amber felt like she was though she was wearing three layers of clothing not including her undergarments. Her free arm moved over her chest, covering her fully clothed body.

An idea was brought to life. Henry looked under her jacket and shirt. His index finger pulling the neck of her shirt – part of it near the shoulder to see the bra strap. As it was brought to life just seconds ago, now to its death. She wearing a black bra basing on the strap. “Oh my God!” She held on the neck of her shirt.  Her bras were in dark color – mostly black. (Why did he know that about her?) He noticed her strap when she wears wife beaters. He shouldn’t though.

Another idea was brought to life. He hoped this idea wouldn’t have the similar faith with the previous one. “Don’t you dare?” Hand above the waistband of her pants, at the part where the button and zipper were. “We are not that close. Why are such a ert?”

He looked at her lips. He moved closer to her face again. As a response, her head moved away again. “The makeup. You have makeup on. I didn’t notice it sooner because of your cap.” makeup. Natural look. “So?” “You put makeup on before meeting me.” “That is it. I am leaving.” Amber finally freed her hand from his grasp and walked away.

Henry smiled as he caught up with Amber, placing his arm on her shoulder. “You look beautiful with or without makeup. Oh…!” He was standing right in front of Amber, hands on her shoulders. “! Is today something special?” “You and I hanging out is not a special occasion” “We are out on a date.” “No, we are not.” “You are the one looking extra pretty tonight. You don’t usually have makeup on when we hang out. So this is a date.”

“You don’t know how difficult it is to hide from Min and their other friends.” Min usually was the instigator of ambushing Amber, coming over unannounced at her apartment or inviting Amber so they could hang out at Min’s place. Makeover, for Amber it was Ambush. Once. Twice. Thrice. She was okay with it. But like a once a week makeover. Oh hell no. She was the usual target.

“So this,” index finger moving in a circular motion above her face, “was her idea.” “She said I should look pretty for you. And I was like, why would I be?” “Ouch! I took a bath for you while you don’t like your friends put makeup on you before meeting me.” “Washing your face, hair and armpits and brushing your teeth aren’t actually taking a bath.” “If you smell good, and feel clean after that is considered as taking a bath.”

 

-x-