Wanting It All Back

Changed By You

A/N: a one shot for Chapter 6 and a continuation of Chapter 7 but in Henry's perspective


 

I wish I could go back;

Go back to the days that you look at me, full of love,

Instead of not looking at me at all

I wish that you looked at me again just this once.

And see how much I miss you.

 

He sighed at the sight of her, of seeing her, from the place where he was standing. He looked blankly at the sky, remembering the last time he really saw her, standing right next to her, laughing with her. Not like today that he all he could do is looked at her from afar. He forced himself to be happy for her. He wanted to, he really does.

He knew her too well, and loved everything about her, and yet he let her down. He would never forget the disappointing look in her face, her tears, everything. He wished to go back and undo what he did that caused all this. He truly wished for that to happen, for him to avoid ruining everything. “You are right, Amber. I really am stupid.” He said to himself.

 

-x-

    

How I wish to talk to you again.

How I wish to hear you laugh at my jokes again.

And tell me how lame they were.

How I wish you could playfully hit my arm,

Every time I did something stupid.

And yet never fails to make you smile.

 

He suddenly laughed by himself, while sitting at their usual spot, as he remembered their good old days. He stopped himself from laughing when reminiscing started to make him even sadder. He glanced at her direction again, and at one moment their eyes met, he gave her a sincere smile, but she was the first one that avoided his gaze, and continued on talking with her friends, acted like nothing happened. This saddened him even more.

Glancing at her direction was what he had been doing since the day she walked away from him, and decided to end their relationship. He stopped apologizing because that what she wanted him to do, so he let it be. He regretted what he had done to their relationship, especially to their friendship.

 

-x-

       

But I guess, now I am not the one that you miss.

Now, I am not the one that makes you happy.

Now, I guess you’re moving on with your life

Without me in it.

 

“Glad to see you smile again. I really miss seeing you this happy.” he spoke, as he saw her laughing.  “Sadly, it is not because of me.” He sighed. “At least you are not crying anymore.” He reasoned.

 

Every time she almost tripped, as clumsy as she was, he wanted to rush to her side, but he knew he couldn’t anymore, someone else was there to do that for her. This saddened him even more. That was the time that he decided to let her go, and be happy for her, now that it seemed that she had already moved on.

 

He kept on looking at them. Just looking at her smile and hearing her laughter were good enough for him. All he wished was for her happiness to continue on, even if he was not the one behind all that, someone else was.

 

-x-

 

How I wish you could love me again,

As much as I love you

    

The words she said that day will hunt him forever – “I could forgive you, Henry, but not today, not now. Maybe one day, I might forgive you. Maybe one day, I will forgive you. I will forget what you did to me, to us.” He kept repeating it in his head over and over again.

 

Again, there were times that their eyes met every now and then but every time, he was always the first one to avoid eye contact, for her sake. He did not want her to feel uneasy anymore, because it will only make things worse.

 

"We can’t even look at each other anymore.” He said to himself. “But I am waiting for the day that you will forget what I did. I granted your wish for me to stay away until you find it in your heart to forgive me.”

 

He looked blankly at the sky, thinking of her again when suddenly a familiar touch wake him up from his daze. He was shocked by the site of her hugging him. He can’t believe what is happening, and eventually hug her really tight. “I am sorry” was all that he could say. She continued to hug him. “I know.” She paused. They were silent, treasuring this moment together. “I said I will forgive you someday for what you did. I am not mad anymore. I miss you.” She broke the silence. “I love you, Amber. I’ll always do.” “I love you too, Henry” is all she said, smiling at him as he cupped her face and leaned in.       

 

-x-