Phone Calls and Jealousy

Changed By You

This chapter is for sleepylips. Sorry it took so long to write your fic request.


 

“Yo, Dario, rise and shine, dude. I bought food.” Amber tapped his leg since she found him sleeping on the sofa.

“Ten more minutes.” He groggily spoke, hugging the nearest throw pillow he could find.

“It’s two o’clock, dude. So wake up.”

“See, it’s only two in the morning so go back to sleep, Amber.”

“It’s two in the afternoon.” Amber lifted the part of the bonnet that was covering his eyes. He immediately covered his eyes, narrowed them in the process.

“I bought Menudo. Great cure for hangover.”

“Great! I needed that,” his hand on his forehead, as Amber waited for him to get the spoon she was handing over to him.

“Thank goodness, I have high tolerance of alcohol. Having a hangover is not my problem.”

“I still can’t believe that you are still underage but you can go to bars and have access to that much alcohol. I hate and love you because of those reasons.”

“Eat up, okay.” Amber then answered her phone. “Henry, what’s up?”

“Missing you, of course” 

“Save your cheesy lines when you come back to Korea.”

“Don’t worry too much, I won’t run out of cheesy lines to say to you.” He confidently spoke.

“More reasons for me to worry.” She joked.

“Wish you are here.”

“Me too” Amber saw Dario using his hands to make a heart, teasing her.

“Just eat your Menudo, Dario.” She threw the paper bag to him.

“Oh, you’re with Dario.”

“Yeah, I am keeping him company.”

“Still?”

Because of that, Amber laughed. “Jealous much?” She told herself. “Yes. Still. Have fun there even if I am not there with you, okay?”

“I am having fun right now in Hong Kong, talking to you.”

“Really now?” She laughed once more.

“FYI, she’s blushing right now” Dario shouted for Henry to hear.

“No, I am not.” She told Henry.

“If you say so” Henry teased.

Dario and Amber then heard a knock. She stood up, “Don’t believe whatever Dario is saying.”

“You’re late” Amber spoke upon opening the door.

“Sorry about that.”

“What is Eric doing there?” Henry asked.

“We are going to meet up with Min and Jo Kwon.”

“May I ask who are you talking to?” Eric smiled at her.

“Henry” She whispered to Eric, as she waited for Henry’s reply.

“Henry, don’t you know, it is bad to always check what your girlfriend is doing?” Eric stood closer to Amber so Henry could hear what he was saying.

Amber punched Eric in the arm, “Awww!” Eric shouted, causing Henry to laugh over the phone.

“I guess I just call you later again when you are not busy.”

“Oh, okay.” Amber wasn’t smiling anymore. “Talk to you again later then. Bye.”

“Bye.”

“Why is the Llama sad all of a sudden?” Eric ruffled her hair, and then placed his arm over her shoulder as they walked towards the living room.

“You just talked to Henry and you are already missing him. You are never this sweet to me.” Dario teased. “I am actually hurt.”

“Very funny, Dario” Amber sarcastically spoke, and threw her cap to him.

“Too defensive, I see.” Eric joined in the teasing, picking up her cap from where it landed. “Here’s your cap, so we could go,” placing it on her head. “Bye, Dario.” He waved goodbye, as he grabbed Amber’s jacket from the sofa, giving it to her.

Amber stuck her tongue out at Dario before leaving her apartment. “See you later, loser.”

 

-x-

 

“What time is it? You guys are half an hour late.” Min spoke, upon seeing Amber and Eric at the door.

Eric pointed at Amber while Amber pointed at him. “It’s his fault.” “It’s her fault.” They spoke at the same time.

“Wow, you two are blaming each other.”

“Are you guys fighting or something? Fighting is not good for couples.” Jo Kwon pointed out.

“We are not fighting.” Eric replied.

“We are not together. What are you talking about?” Amber sat on the single-seater sofa.

“This is what you are great at, Amber.” Min looked at Amber.

“Of course, I am great at everything. So what I am great at exactly, now?”

“Denying.” Min pointed at her.

“I am not.” Amber defended.

“See.” Min smiled.

“Whatever, Min.” Walking out of the living room.

“Someone’s mad. You are being such a baby, Amber, getting mad at me like that. I am just teasing you.”

“Who looks like more of a baby between us, Shorty?” She replied, and looked at her phone.

“Speaking of baby,” She smiled, before answering her phone. “Hello, Snoopy.”

Min and Jo Kwon looked at each other, then at Amber. “Hey, Henry, she just called you, baby.” Jo Kwon shouted.

“Don’t listen to Jo Kwon, Henry.” Amber spoke over the phone.

“Once again, the great Llama is denying what she obviously had done.” Min started to fix her outfit since they were about to leave.

“I will just pretend I didn’t hear what Min and Jo Kwon are saying.” He told Amber.

“Don’t tell me you are calling me again, just to say you miss me.” She walked towards Min’s room so no one could hear their conversation.

“What is wrong if that is my reason?” Henry asked, obviously smiling.

“I feel like, I now have cavities just by talking to you.” She joked.

“Am I that sweet?” That statement of his earned him to hear Amber laugh.

By the way, I just bought a llama stuff toy. So small that you could put it on your pocket, and bring it everywhere.”

“Are you sure it is a llama? Maybe it is an alpaca. People sometimes mistaken llamas as alpacas. Don’t make that same mistake. I will hate you.”

“I think I know what you look like.”

“You should be resting while you are on vacation, not waste your time calling me all the time.”

“Who said I am wasting my time?”

“Don’t make me miss you more, Henry.”

“Amber, you can talk to Henry in the car. We are going to be late. They are already there at the restaurant.” Eric knocked, and stood outside Min’s room. He spoke loud enough for Amber to hear him.

“Henry, they are waiting for me. I need to go.”

“Tell Eric, Jo Kwon, and Min to take care of the Llama for me.” Henry felt a bit sad and jealous of the fact that they have time to hang out with Amber.

“Don’t worry you can take care of me soon.” She tried to lift his spirit up. “Don’t be jealous, okay?”

“Who told you I am jealous?”

“Bye, Henry. I know I will talk to you soon.” She was sure that Henry would call her again.

“Bye, Amber.”

 

-x-