Room 6C

Changed By You
She went towards the kitchen to grab something to eat. Though it was already past breakfast. It was still breakfast in some other country, right?
 
Milk carton, cereal box, and a bowl in front of her while biting a spoon, she heard the door open. Well, it was the first person she wanted to see that day - more like everyday, she laughed as she pour the cereal to her bowl. “Good afternoon, Miss Amber.”
 
She looked at him, squinting. “What did you just call me?” “You supposed to say, ‘Good afternoon’ or you know, ‘Hi’. So rude.” “Well, good afternoon, Sir Henry of Room 6C.” 
 
When they were looking for an apartment. They both laughed, upon hearing “Room 6C”. The main reason, they rented this place even if there were better apartments. 6C, six-C, sounded like "y". They were sure they need to live there even if it was on the sixth floor. 
 
All this time, his hand was on his back, hiding something from her. He showed her a paper bag. “You know I hate surprises.” “That is why I keep on surprising you for you to change your mind.” She opened the bag while he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek. He knew she was smiling upon seeing what he brought her. She turned around and hugged him. “How did you know I want to eat a burrito?” “I can read your mind.” “Then what am I thinking right now?” “Another burrito.” It was placed at his back pocket. He gave it to her. “Impressive.” “See, I told you I can read your mind.” 
 
 
-x-
 
 
“What the--?” She was holding the phone about to order pizza when Henry arrived at the apartment holding a box of pizza. “And” He placed a bag of gummy bears above the box.  
 
 
-x-
 
 
“Biking this weekend. Are you up for it?” Henry told Amber. “I was about to ask you.” “First to arrive in front of the Taco and I, of course, wins.” “Duh.” They both said. “Jinx.” Henry was the first one to say that. “You can’t talk until I say so.” “Back to what I was saying, the loser will pay for the tacos but won’t eat anything, just watch the winner eat.”
 
Amber grabbed the marker and wrote on their small whiteboard - where they leave messages for each other and where they list what they needed to buy on their next grocery trip - “Deal, Loser.” 
 
 
-x-
 
 
They were already in bed. She put down the book she was reading. “How do you do it?” “Do what? I can do a lot of things.” “Read my mind,” with matching air quotes. 
 
“You don’t believe me.” “You could just be lucky. Have found a four leaf clover on the way home? Or any lucky charm you kept hidden somewhere around the apartment like a horseshoe? Are you wearing a lucky charm all this time?” 
 
“I don’t own a horse, Amber. I don’t anyone who owns a horse for me to ask for one. Or are you hinting that you want one? Are you those girls who grew up wanting to have pony like a princess? Princess Amber...oh, Princess Josephine. Since you are a princess, that means I am your Prince.” “Whatever, Henry. I am going to sleep.” 
 
“Horses are expensive. It will take us years to buy you one. Oh well, anything for you, my love.” He stood up from the bed. “Shut up. Close the lights, will you?” She pointed at the switch. “Please. Thanks.” She was facing the other direction, eyes closed.
 
“You’re right, you know.” He grabbed his shirt placed on a chair. “About the lucky charms?” She exchanged his pillow and hers. “Yup. You are my lucky charm.” 
 
“Go to sleep, Henry.” “Let me hear you say it first.” “Go to sleep, Prince Henry.” “Goodnight, Princess Amber.” 
 
“Seriously, why am I in love with you?” “Because I am charming. Prince Charming.” “Don’t let me hit you with my pillow, Henry?” “Actually, that is my pillow.” She faced him and wanted to push him off the bed but he kissed and hugged her.   
 
 
-x-
 
 
“Why would I want to be a princess?” Henry was expecting for this to happen. She was talking in her sleep again. He didn’t know when would she do it but he always listens. That was why he knew she wanted to eat burritos, tacos, gummy bears, and many other food and candies he had been buying for her in the past weeks and that was why he offered to go biking with her.
 
“I don’t even own a tiara.” She said, still sleeping. “Oh, a tiara, huh. If that is what you want, Princess Amber.” He smiled as he listened. 
 
 
-x-