Prompt Words Challenge 1

Changed By You

PROMPT WORDS from rolipolee


 

“Dream”

 

"What happened?" The first thing she asked upon arriving.

Eric just looked at her. His bloody shirt and hands hadn't been cleaned yet. "I... I ..." He couldn't continue what he wanted to stay.

"I, what?" Amber shouted.

"I tried..." His lip trembled as he spoke, "I tried to save him but the car, it was..." He continued to speak with his eyes closed for a second or two, organizing his thoughts, taking a deep breath.

"It was too fast, the headlights were so bright, we couldn’t see a thing. When I was about to pull him aside, he..." He placed his hands on Amber's arms. "He pushed me away from him. Blood was everywhere. I’m sorry, I couldn’t save him."

"This isn't happening. This is just a dream, a horrible, horrible dream."

What Eric could do at that moment was to hug her as her world just crumbled down right in front of her.

"Wake up, Amber! Wake up!" Amber shouted under his embrace, tears already dampening Eric's bloody shirt that contained Henry's blood as he tried to revive him.

Amber closed her eyes and kept on telling her to wake up. And she did.

"Nurse!" Henry, shocked, shouted at the door. "Anyone!" He panicked, crying, as he heard the fast beeping of the machines inside her room.

It wasn't Amber's world that was collapsing it was his.

 


 

“Harlem Shake”

 

"Mom" Hayley now 20 years old, spoke from the living room.

"Yes?" Amber just came from the kitchen.

"Do you mind explaining this to me?" Hayley showed a video she saved in her cellphone.

"Okay" Amber sat beside her daughter.

Hayley played the 1 minute and twenty-three second video.

"Give me that" Amber covered the screen of the phone as the video was still playing.

"You danced Harlem Shake before." Hayley laughed.

"Where did you find that?"

"It's all over the internet, Mother, apparently for so many years now."

Henry couldn't control his laughter from where he was hiding.

"Henry!" Amber shouted upon hearing his laughter.

"I think I am out of here. Bye Mom. Bye Dad. Love you both." She blew kisses at them and walked towards the door. "Good luck Dad." She teased as she saw Henry walking away from Amber. “Oh, how I love our family.”

Amber smirked, "He needs all the luck in the world."

"I love you" Henry smiled at his wife, kissing her cheek.

 

 


 

"Animal"

 

As he opened his eyes, he saw two very familiar dogs, JackJack and Princess, his cheeks.

"You think I am going to forgive you because your dogs are adorable." Henry spoke as he knew Amber was just hiding somewhere in his room.

"Please forgive, Amber" Amber pretended that JackJack was talking to Henry.

"From a fellow dog to another, Snoopy," Amber once again changed her voice as she was now pretending to be Princess, "Pretty please".

“Tell Amber, I won’t forgive her.”

“Come on!” Amber was hiding under the bed all this time. “What do you want me to do?” She spoke as she slid away from her hiding place. “Is my apology not cute enough for you?”

“My answer is still no.”

“Apparently, little Henry says otherwise.” Amber was talking about what his boxers was covering.

“Don’t forgive her.” Henry was looking at it, shouting.

 


 

“Bathroom”

 

"Whoa! Whoa!" He was taking a shower when Amber budged Henry's bathroom. He instantly turned towards the corner near the towel rack, turned around as he covered himself with his towel for her not to see a thing that she wasn't meant to see yet.

"What the hell Amber?" He blocked Amber's view of his body with the shower curtain. "Don't you ever knock? You know my bathroom lock is broken."

"I really need to pee," Amber spoke still half-asleep as she was already sitting on the john. Henry quickly averted his gaze at Amber. She was thankful of wearing a shirt long enough to cover a big part of her thighs.

Henry just looked at her as she was apparently still just sitting there on the toilet. "Amber" He called "Amber!" He snapped his fingers at her.

"What?" She finally woke up. "Oh." She realized that she was still inside. "Sorry about that." She smiled at him.

"Whoa, what's that?" She pointed at the ceiling. "What?" Henry looked above. Amber tricked him for her to pull up her shorts. "Oh, it's nothing" She spoke afterwards.

"Henry" Eric, his roommate just arrive from his evening shift at the hospital, was looking for him. Henry signaled to Amber to keep quite. "Shhh"

"Henry, where are you?" Eric’s voice filled the apparently empty apartment. “The mailman dropped a package for you at door.

Amber and Henry listened to Eric's voice as he went on his search of Henry.

He knocked at the bathroom door. "Henry? Are you inside? Did you fell asleep while standing in front of the shower?" He joked.

Henry and Amber panicked inside and stood at the back of Henry inside the shower as if she was hiding from Eric.

Eric was about to open the door, Henry let Eric hear the sound of the water coming from the shower.

Henry covered Amber's mouth as she was about to shout since they were now soaking wet.

"Oh. Sorry, dude, my bad." Eric closed the door of the bathroom. "I left the package at the living room. Take your time using the shower. I will just watch up at the kitchen sink."

Not at Amber's dismay, Henry’s towel dropped on the ground since he wasn't holding it anymore when he prevented them from being discovered at what it seemed to be a very compromising position as of the moment.

 

-x-

 


 

Author's Note: 

Used a title of a song. Hopefully, it is okay to actually use title of songs in fanfictions.