Amber's Baby

Changed By You

 

 

“Amber!” The very in-demand idol of SM’s morning fiasco heard loud banging on her door.

 

She hid her head under her pillow, ignoring the voices that were ruining her sleep.

 

“Liu Yiyun! Open the damn door!” Victoria shouted with all her might.

 

“I’m up so stop shouting. My neighbors could totally hear you. Calm down, will you?” Amber ran her hand through her messed-up hair, obviously pissed.

 

“What the hell did you do yesterday, Amber?” Krystal showed Amber the sites that posted the news about their said Llama member shopping for baby products including the comments, fan accounts, and pictures of her carrying a paper bag coming out of a store for babies, using her smartphone.

 

“Don’t tell me you are pregnant, Hyung?” Sulli touched Amber’s stomach.

 

Amber immediately removed Sulli’s hand on her stomach and grabbed Krystal’s smartphone reading the headlines of the sites. “Is this some sort of a joke? It’s too early for pranks. I am not in the mood for all this drama. I haven’t eaten my breakfast yet.” Amber was now the one rubbing her stomach.

 

“Why are you there then? Tell us now.” Luna dragged her towards the living room.

 

“Now I have reason to get the duplicate key from you guys and you guys knock like you are going to destroy the door. Even using the Wi-Fi of our building for your stupid pranks.” Ignoring the looks that the girls were giving her waiting for her to tell everything, clearing this confusion that she created by not being vigilant of her surroundings, getting caught just like that.

 

“Didn’t you guys think that I was in that store, shopping, simply because I will go to some baby’s birthday party or a friend’s baby shower?” Amber reasoned.

 

“Whew! I thought you are hiding the fact that you are pregnant with Henry’s baby.” Luna was pleased by Amber’s answer, the others as well – Sulli stopped looking at Amber’s stomach, Krystal already took her phone from Amber and Victoria already calling their manager, clearing the issue.

 

“But that is not the case though.” Amber was referring to the possible reasons she just told the girls, stood up and went towards the bathroom to freshen up.

 

She was pulled by Sulli and Krystal by her shirt, back towards the sofa. “Wow, you guys are really sweet.” Amber almost missed the sofa, nearly hitting the floor. Thank goodness she grabbed a hold of the sofa’s armrest. “What if I am pregnant and you just let me fall like that.”

 

“Oh God!” The four girls immediately helped Amber sit properly on the sofa.

 

“Now, you are all good to me.”

 

“So are you really pregnant?” Krystal and Luna were now the ones that placed their hands on Amber’s stomach.

 

“Am I hearing things? What is this pregnancy issue?” Henry entered the apartment, using the duplicate key Amber gave him, clueless of what ruined Amber’s slumber.

 

“Liu Xianhua,” Victoria walked towards him.

 

“Yes. That is my name.” And Amber laughed as she hit the hands of Krystal, Luna, and Sulli who wanted to touch her stomach since they thought she was pregnant.

 

“I know that is your name. You are the only Xianhua with us right now.” Victoria pinched Henry’s ear, directed him towards the sofa.

 

“Someone’s not a morning person. Way too grumpy this morning, Umma” Henry observed as Victoria let go of his ear.

 

“I am not your Umma.”

 

“Not yet.” He smiled at Victoria, as he covered his ears that caused Amber to laugh again.

 

“Henry, do you know about these?” Krystal again used her phone to connect to the internet and opened all the sites she once showed to Amber.

 

Upon reading the headlines, he almost dropped Krystal’s phone since he couldn’t stop himself from laughing.

 

“You told me it was just some random paper bag.” He brought the phone into Amber’s room for him to be able to compare the pictures of her holding a certain paper bag included in the articles. He wanted to confirm his theory. All they heard was “I can’t believe you could do this to me, of all people.” She then went to her room, “Do what?”

 

Henry was already holding the bibs Amber bought for him to use – a white one, and a red one. He left the gifts there since it was already late when he left her apartment last night, now was the only time he opened the said paper bag.

 

“So you won’t spill your food on your body or on whatever you are wearing and on your boxers. And to complete this look, I bought you a dog plushie.” She reached for it in the paper bag. “Finally I have found the similar plushie I was holding at SMTOWN Bangkok.”

 

“You imagined me wearing a bib, a wife beater, and boxer shorts while holding a dog plushie as you were at the store.”

 

-x-

 

“What’s taking them so long?” Victoria pondered as they waited in the living room.

 

“What are they doing inside? We even couldn’t hear their voices.” Luna asked.

 

“Are Sulli and I too mature to know what exactly they are doing inside? They didn’t even close the door. Gross!”

 

“You two, stop thinking what you think they are doing right now.” Victoria insisted, like a very protective mother would say.

 

-x-

 

“Not exactly,” Amber looked at Henry from head to toe. “Minus the wife beater, of course”

 

She saw Henry trying to tie the white bib around his neck, wanted to see how it would look on him. They looked at each other knowing what the other was thinking.

 

-x-

 

“You guys totally forgot about my one and only Baby.” Amber stood in front of her bedroom’s door.

 

“Say hello to my Baby.” She announced and opened the door. The girls saw Henry acting naturally cute, wearing a bib, holding the plushie. He was also wearing a wife beater and boxers.

 

“Hello, my name is Henry. And I am these years old.” He showed his middle and index fingers, signaling he was only 2 years old, totally in character - a baby who could speak simple words.

 

“Oh my goodness!” Victoria was ashamed of how ridiculous Amber and Henry were doing. “I don’t know what to do anymore with you two. I just can’t handle all of this ridiculousness you and Henry are up to. Let’s go girls. Let us go somewhere else.” Victoria stood up from her seat.

 

“But umma.” Sulli looked at their leader who was already at the door, ready to leave.

 

“We still want to play with Baby Henry.” The other three pleaded and as they saw Henry holding Amber’s slim legs, his head in between, like a very shy baby.

 

“Stop touching my .” Amber sniggered, hitting his hand, as Henry continued what he was doing. “I am not touching your .” He denied.

 

“I said let’s go.” Victoria asserted as she waited by the door. And Luna, Sulli and Krystal finally walked towards their Umma.

 

“Bye Sulli-noona, Krystal-noona, Luna-noona, and Victoria-halmeoni.” Henry waved at them and hid again behind Amber, since he saw the girls stopping Victoria to enter the apartment again. “Umma, he is just joking.” Amber explained. 

 

“See, Amber said so, Umma, he was just kidding. Right Baby Henry?” Luna spoke. Henry nodded, acted he was really scared, still holding Amber’s legs.

 

“How dare you scare my Baby like that Umma?” She spoke as the rest of f(x) was already outside the apartment. “And I am the only you call him Baby.” She looked at the younger members as she stood by the door, her Baby crawling towards her, and locked the door.

 

He then carried Amber over his shoulder back to her room. “Because you let me act like a real baby.”

 

“But you are my real Baby.” She tried to let herself free. Henry wouldn’t let that happen of course. “You need to go back to sleep so you won’t think of any ridiculous plans like buying me bibs.”

 

“We both know I will not be able to get some decent sleep, now that you are here.” She told him as he gently dropped her on the bed, and she was already removing the bib around his neck.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Baby here is not literally a baby though he acted like one - you know Henry loves to joke around and act like a kid. "Baby" is what Amber calls Henry. The word "Baby" in this one-shot is synonymous to "Honey" or "Babe" (or something similar to those two) that is why the first letter is capital B.