Adorable Stupid

Changed By You

Request: wangzifan: "Henry uses such cheesy lines that hyungs taught him to tease Amber."



"What is your name again?" Before even Amber could complete, "Henry, please", at same time almost rolling her eyes for she knew it is one of those times Henry being stupid again, "Amber Lau right?" Eyebrows moving up and down with a smile on his face.

Amber wanted to throw a shoe but decided to just say, "Shut up." 

"Mrs. Amber Lau." Hand up as her name was on a banner right in front of them. 

It did sounded nice, but would never admit that to him. Well, he was being adorable stupid. Not stupid stupid (Oh those times. Why Henry? Why?)

-x- 

"Amber, do you smell that?" He was looking around, even turning his chair around, then moving left and right in search for that smell. 

"Do you smell that? So fragrant" He inhaled that certain scent, smiling instantly, and his eyes closed. "So fragrant." He said once again. He really liked what he was smelling.

Amber just showered when Henry arrived at her place for another sleepless night of composing with her, welcomed himself in since her housemate just went out for her nightly jog when he arrived. 

"Focus, Henry. Your attention span is an attention span of a 5 year old."

"Hey, my attention span is not the same with Donghae's. And that was a serious question. Do you smell that?"

"I smell my shampoo since I just showered." She answered, considering that he was really serious. 

"Oh," Nodding.

"You really liked my shampoo huh?"

"Yup. That is how my future wife smells like. But I like you more though."

She smiled a bit without showing Henry because that would encourage him more if ever he knew she liked it. "Stay away from me, you creep. Shoo. Go away. Go to that corner."

-x-

It was not that bad even if he talked a lot when they are at the gym. Even if she stopped herself  everytime from telling him to "Shut up" five to six times already and counting.

She looked at Henry in his wife beater. He looked thin than he usually looks. What happened? Being fit or mochi cheeks. Why could not she have both? But look at those arms though. And that dimple. She missed those mochi cheeks. Ugh. Oh, she saw a bit of those mochi cheeks. Yes! 

That was what running though her mind at that time as Henry kept on talking about any topic he could think of. 

"You know there is someone I will know in the future that looks like you." 

"So now you could see the future." Tried hard not to find this amusing. 

"A certain part of it. One of the greatest parts." 

"Who is it then Henry?" 

Henry was interrupted immediately when about to answer, "I swear Henry, if you say 'my future wife' again--"

"You and my future..." He looked at Amber, "child look alike, or children. We'll see."

"I will ignore you for the rest of the night."

"Amber. Amber. Amber. Amber." Hoping she would talk to him. "Amber. Amber. Amber. Amber." He would never get tired of saying her name. 

She just continued on using the treadmill. 

-x-

"Do you know you can be at three places at once?" Henry was with Amber and the girls. He treated them for ice cream. 

The others just listened to Amber and Henry's conversation. Well, it was just really Henry talking to himself since Amber knows such question is one of the s Henry says, until Luna as friendly as she was, asked "Really? How can she be at three places at once?" 

"Luna, do not encourage him to talk about his stupid questions."

"Well, Amber is in here," pointing at his head, meaning she is in his mind, thinking of her, "in here," pointing at his heart, "and as you can see she is here and we are not imagining her."

"Oh my. That is so sweet." Luna smiled at Henry and Amber while Victoria looked at Amber, with a teasing smile on her face. 

Amber on the other hand was not amused at all. But she had to admit he was stepping up his game. And it was a little sweet of him to say that. Just a little. Okay, it was really sweet. Did she began starting to like his cheesy lines? No! 

"Ah. There is one more."

Luna and Victoria looked at Henry waiting for him to say it. The person he was expecting to listen was not even interested and continued on eating her ice cream.

"Hey, Amber, you should really know where my heart is."

"How would I know where it is? On your sleeve." Referring to the phrase 'heart on your sleeve'. 

"Because you are holding it." 

The other two girls were smiling and giggling. Henry was indeed the sweet guy Amber claimed him to be. 

-x-

He called Amber, sure that she would answer. "Amber, I know why you are still awake." 

"I am still awake because you are calling me." It was three in the morning according to her alarm clock. "So I will end this call, so I could sleep."

"It is all your fault, I could not sleep --"

"You called me just to blame me that you cannot sleep. I will really end this ca --"

"Because you keep on thinking of me."

She smiled. Thank goodness, they were talking over the phone. "Goodnight."

"But you still could not sleep after this--"

"Oh I forgot that you see the future." 

"--Because I am always thinking of you."

"Really Henry? Stop smiling." She knew he was. "It is three in the freaking morning. There is nothing to smile for. Goo --" 

"But why did you smile earlier? Admit it."

"Shut up." Then she hang up on him.

-x-

"Amber." A message received by Amber. She ignored it. 

"Amber." He really loved saying her name out loud as much as typing it. He was saying her name as he thought of her as he was typing.

"Ammmmmmmmmbeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr" He sent the third hopefully not to be an ignored message to Amber. 

"What?" She finally replied.

"It did not hurt when I fell..." She read the text message. 

"Henry, no!" She shouted. It had to stop.

"It did not hurt when I fell ... in love with you." He sent. And still Amber read it even if she knew it was another cheesy line from him.

She went to his room from the living room where she usually hang when she visits his place since his instruments were placed there. And it was the only place at his house that was organized since he takes care of his musical instruments very well. 

Henry was laying on his bed, flat on his stomach. Like a school girl in love waiting for a reply from his crush, she noticed.

"Seriously Henry? Stop. Just stop with these cheesy lines."

"What if I do not want to stop."

Amber failed to pull him off his bed by his feet. "Your feet are stinky." Letting go of his feet.

"As long as I will fall on you or you fall on me, I will not mind being pulled off this bed." He grinned at her. His foot nudging her leg.

As she stood there, "Move that stinky foot away from me. I bet you did not even took a shower today. Or even this week."

"I do not take showers that often because no one is joining me. I feel so lonely." Indirectly saying his idea - how about showering together. 

"From saying cheesy lines to being a ert. I do not know what to do with you anymore." She went inside his pigsty of a bathroom. Slamming the door. 

"Is that a Yes,  Amber? You are in the bathroom. So yes?" He still had the courage to ask her that. He knocked and knocked. "Don't be mad at me, please. I am sorry. I will stop. Just talk to me."

"Your cuteness will not help you this time so stop pouting like a three year old apologizing."

"I am going inside until you say you forgive me. And I thought I am five, now I am three. Make up your mind, woman."

"Can I poop in peace? Gosh." She shouted as she heard Henry trying to get in though she was sure she locked it. But this is Henry she was talking to. He could kick open the door if he really wanted to but he would try to slice it with his hands first for sure. The stupid in him would do that. 

"Go away, Henry." 

"Are you playing a game on your phone while doing your business?" He heard a sound of a certain game. "What if you drop that in the toilet?"

"Henry! And I am not you. I am not stupid."

"Okay. Okay. I will go away." He mimicked the way she say "Go away" which she frequently say next to "Shut up."

-x-