Taking Care of Snoopy

Changed By You

Inspired to finally write and post my "Henry is sick" plot that I actually planned to write upon knowing Henry was sick (basing on PAST twitter post). 

Then I read (my friend) rolipolee's TGIS, so I was definitely in the mood to write. This is for you, rolipolee! 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 




Henry tried to move his left arm from when he realized a head resting on it. Thank goodness she didn’t leaned on his right arm, or else he would be screaming and flinching like there was no tomorrow.

 

Upon opening his eyes, he saw her untied hair. This was actually the first time seeing her, not in a ponytail; her hair reaching down to her shoulders like during their trainee days when they were still teenagers.

 

He just then went back to sleep knowing that she came to see him even if he didn’t even tell her he was in the hospital since he didn’t want her to worry.

 

After a few hours, when he was able to move his left arm again, he immediately opened his eyes, realizing that she wasn’t sleeping beside him anymore. He tried to look for her but there was no trace of her anywhere in the room. He started to miss her again.

 

He once again just closed his eyes, disappointed since they didn’t have the chance to even talk.

 

 

-x-

 

 

She came back with a plastic bag full of his favorite snacks. She grabbed a chair and sat beside his bed. She gently touched the I.V. that was placed in his arm.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?” She whispered. “I just found out that you’re sick on twitter. Get well soon, Snoopy.” She rested her hand above his.

 

She was taken aback when his hand moved and interlaced his fingers with hers. She then found out that he held her hand while he was asleep. That caused her to smile like a fool, her cheeks so crimson.

 

 

-x-

 

 

When she saw Henry waking up, she tried to pull her hand from his gentle grip. She immediately fixed her clothes and tied her hair in a ponytail, and suddenly stopped.

 

“What the hell am I doing?” She snickered. “This is Henry we are talking about.” She told her subconscious. “Why am I fixing my hair for him? He wouldn’t care as long as I am here visiting him.”

 

“But still,” She was definitely indecisive on what to do. “Fine! I will fix my hair simply because I want to fix my hair.” She decided, while laughing at her indecisiveness that was caused by the possibility of Henry seeing her again after weeks of not having time to hang out due to their busy schedules.

 

As if” Her subconscious . “Shut up!” She said a bit louder than she expected.

 

“Hello, Josephine. He greeted. Amber would usually punch him in the arm when times like that happened, but he was sick so his arm was punch-free for now. “Why are you telling me to shut up?”

 

“Hi, Henrietta” She teased, using the female counterpart of his name.

 

“I am sick and yet you still tease me.” He pouted, avoiding her gaze.  “You are definitely a great friend.” He looked at her, still pouting, and tried his best to act like he was really coughing, to be more dramatic.

  

“Do not act in front of me. We are filming a movie or something, Chef Mark.” She told him.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” He once again coughed, denying that he was acting. “Can’t you see the I.V. in my arm?”

 

“Oh, then you are too sick to eat these snacks that I have bought you.” She placed the plastic bag on his bed, showing its contents to him. “More snacks for me then.” She hid them from him when he looked inside the bag. “These are my snacks.” She teased. “But I want gummy bears too.” He pouted.

 

“Here” She was feeding him some, but tricked him, and ate the said gummy bears. “You thought I was actually going to feed you candies. You wish!” She laughed, as she was once again holding a few pieces of Gummy bears on her hand.

 

She was about to eat them when Henry grabbed her hand towards his mouth, eating some pieces. “You know me too well. You bought the ones I really like.” He smiled at her, as he continued on chewing the said candies.

 

“Yuck!” She wiped her hand on Henry’s hospital gown. “You really need to my hand.” She smelled it. “Now my hand smells like your morning breath.” She commented, scrunching her nose. “My breath smells good.” He let her smell his breath in between words.

 

“Speaking of smell,” She spoke on nasal tone, since she was pinching her nose, “I brought your toothbrush and toothpaste, and of course some change of clothes.”

 

“How did you get inside the apartment?” Henry asked as he tried to catch the gummy bears Amber was aiming at his mouth. “Gen and the guys are busy this week.” He spoke while he chewed. “No one’s home.”

 

And Amber just laughed. “I stole your keys while you are asleep, Snoopy. I slid my hand under the blanket, reached for your right pocket where you usually put your keys.”

 

“Really? Hmm. You reached for my pockets, and grab my keys.” He looked at her. “But I am not wearing –” He trailed off.

 

“Really?” She looked under the blanket, and just saw how long his hospital gown was and his boxers. “Then what happened to the shorts you are wearing a while ago?”

 

He grinned at her. “While you are out, I ate some of the food you left on the sofa and dropped some of it on my shorts, so I removed them.”

 

“I must have been difficult for you to remove it. You should have waited for me, and remove them for you.” She spoke out of concern for Henry, without even stopping for a while to analyze what she just said. She then realized how wrong it sounded, and stared at Henry who was as shocked as she was.

 

 

-x-

 

 

“O…kay? Did I just hear that?” Zhou Mi whispered to Kyuhyun, referring to what Amber just said to Henry. They just arrived at Henry’s room, and heard Henry and Amber’s conversation through the slightly opened door.

 

“I think they don’t know we are just standing here when Amber were talking about removing Henry’s shorts.” Kyuhyun whispered back. “And she actually volunteered.” Zhou Mi added.

 

“I think we should leave now, and –” Kyuhyun paused and removed his neck tie. “What are you doing?” Zhou Mi spoke in hush tone. “I am leaving my necktie on the door knob.”

 

“Oh, so no one could disturb them.” Zhou Mi pointed at Kyuhyun. “Exactly!”