H and A

Changed By You

 

Donghae chuckled due to the scene he just noticed not so far from where he was standing – a Taiwanese-Canadian boy looking at the youngest Dino sibling.

 

“A penny for your thoughts” He sat beside the boy who was still too busy looking at the friendliest girl in their company.

 

“Happy 7th Anniversary” The hamster-looking boy finally looked away from the girl and greeted his fellow Super Junior member.

 

“Happy Anniversary to you too” The eldest of the Dino Sibling greeted back. The youngest member of Super Junior just smiled at him. “One day you’ll have your 7th Anniversary that only comes once in a lifetime.”

 

“Of course, 7th Anniversary comes once in a lifetime.” Henry replied.

 

“You know what I really meant when I said that.” Donghae spoke.

 

“You guys came a long way from being SM trainees to a boy band that are so popular all over the world.” Henry mentioned.

 

We came a long way to be a boy band that has so many fans that loves us so much, each and every Super Junior member, each and every one of us.” Donghae corrected Henry.

 

“Hyung, there’s no need to do that” Henry referring to Donghae putting emphasis on we and us. “But you still did it, for that I am grateful,” and then shifted his gaze at Amber.

 

“And I am here not there.” Donghae pointed at the direction where Amber, Henry’s “best friend,” was standing. At that time, she was smiling while she cut the store-bought “Happy 7th Anniversary” cake that she brought to the Super Junior dorm. “It seems that right  now I am not the one you want to talk to.”

 

“I bought cake for you guys.” Amber cheered, walking towards them. “Here’s a cake for you.” She handed over a plate to Donghae and gave the other plate to Henry.

 

“I sense favoritism.” Donghae exclaimed. “What are talking about?” Amber turned her head towards him.

 

“You gave Henry the bigger slice.” Donghae pointed at Henry’s plate.

 

“It is still cake no matter how big or small the slice is. Plus I cut a slice for me and Henry.” Amber reasoned.

 

“And you even cut off the part that has the letter H.” Donghae then noticed what letter is beside H. “Oh, that’s why. Let me just share my slice with Hyukjae then. Thanks for the cake.”

 

“Now I see it too.” Henry noticed what Donghae was talking about. She cut the part of the cake that has the letters H and A.

 

Amber started eating. “See what?”

 

Henry didn’t answer and just stared at her as she ate another bite.

 

“See what?” She repeated. “Is there something on my face? Is there icing?” She wiped .

 

“Just continue eating our H and A cake.” Henry joked.

 

“Excuse me.” Amber stopped what she was doing.

 

“H and A” He answered. “H and A” He gave emphasis to the two letters.

 

“I don’t understand what you’re talking about.”

 

“Just keep on eating.” Henry insisted.

 

Amber did continue eating. After a while, she noticed Henry was again staring at her.

 

“We are not in a staring contest.” She kidded and pushed the plate towards him.

 

Amber was about to again when he said, “As long as I have the chance to look at you, distance between us doesn’t even matter even if you are so far away or just sitting right in front me, I will take that chance. I don’t care how long or how quickly I stared at you, what matters is how important staring at you means to me. Staring at you, looking at you makes me feel happy and confident that when you notice me staring at you, you’ll immediately show me that beautiful smile of yours that will always make me smile back at you.”

 

Since he was looking at her, Amber definitely knew what she should do next. She smiled at him so Henry smiled back at her and ate his share – the other half of the slice that has the letter A on it.