Two Adults And A Baby (More Like One Adult and Two Babies)

Changed By You

Three looked at each other. The two adults just stared at the baby due to the fact that what do they know on taking care of a freaking baby.

Their friend, a single mother, Victoria played her "you owe me one" card on both of them. Well in Henry's case, she wanted for him to care of her baby while she is out of town and he is great with kids, and while in Amber's case, she was also there to look after the baby, and her house for the weekend (and the other grown up baby). 

"The "I like to spill everything" child will be under your supervision, so watch out for that." Victoria wanted to give a list of things they could do while babysitting. Amber followed Victoria to her bedroom, leaving the door open. 

"You know, Vic. I think you should not bad mouth your child." 

"I am not talking about Taylor." 

"Hey!" Henry shouted from the living room. While Amber replied with an "I know" look to Victoria. 

"Do not let Henry sweet talk you in front of Taylor."

Amber almost swallowed her hard candy. "Excuse me." 

"You know Henry. He says sweet nothings to you every now and then. Taylor could pick that up." Amber could not even deny that. 

"Taylor does not even speak yet, Vic." 

"Still. If Taylor hears those often, my child's first word could be 'Amber', or much worst, curse words like 'Shut up'." Victoria gave Amber a knowing look, that Amber would be the one Taylor would learn that from. 

"And one more thing, no kissing in front of my child." As they exited the bedroom, Victoria pointed at Henry. 

"I cannot guarantee that." He made kissy face and sounds to Amber. Amber rolled her eyes at him. 

Henry playfully lifted the baby. "Right, Taylor? Uncle Henry can't." Amber was looking at Henry, smiling fondly.

Victoria noticed Amber and laughed. "Keep an eye on Taylor too for me. Will you?'

"Huh? What?"

"You are getting distracted by my good looks, eh? I love you too, Amber." 

"Shut up." 

"Do not make regret calling you guys to take care of Taylor. Be good godparents to my child. Please." Victoria picked up her bags, keys, her passport and ticket from the counter.

"Say bye-bye to Mama." Henry walked towards Victoria and lifted the child's hand, waving it. 

Victoria gave the baby a kiss goodbye, and bade goodbye to the other two. 


-x-


"Amber" 

"Yeah" Looked up from her phone, after replying to Victoria's endless text messages. 

"We have a huge problem." 

"What do--? Oh" Amber scrunched up her nose. 

They both inserted rolled up tissue papers up their noses, after gathering the supplies they thought they needed above the changing table inside the nursery. 

"I will let you do the honors, Amber." Henry stepped back so Amber could removed the dirty diaper. 

"You noticed it first. You fix it." 

"Oh my God!" He slowly removed the diapers. He felt like puking. He even closed his eyes seeing the poop.

"Focus. Let's do this quickly as possible, Henry. Oh my--" 

"What did Victoria feed Taylor earlier? Okay, I tap out." He almost dropped the diaper.

"This is not wrestling, Henry." Amber already holding a container of the baby wipes.

Taylor started crying. 

"See. You startled the baby. Put his legs down gently." 

"There. There." Henry tried calming the baby down after throwing the diaper, wiping his hands with wipes. "Wait---. Taylor is a boy." He saw the baby's private part. 

Amber turned to Henry with a "I could not believe that he is this stupid." look. "Of course he is." 

"We call him Taylor." 

"It is a uni name." Gently rubbing the baby's belly just as Victoria does it. Victoria said that it calms him. 

"I rub his belly while you wipe his ." He volunteered. "What? I removed and threw out the dirty diaper." 

"Look, it tickles him." Taylor kept on laughing as she wiped his . "Let us put on your clean diapers, okay?" 

"Finally. It is over!" He carried the baby. 

"Oh. Such a cutie pie. Yes, he is." Amber touched the baby's nose as he was looking at her as Henry carried him outside the nursery. 

"Aww. Gosh, Amber." 

"I am talking to Taylor." 

Henry pouted and looked the baby. Taylor giggled. 

"Fine. You too." 

"See. Taylor, I told you. I am a cutie pie too. Yes, we are. Yes, we are." They walked back at the living room with his toys. 

-x-

"Where is Taylor?" Amber was at the kitchen and saw Henry cooking. 

"In his crib. Taking a nap." 

"You worry too much." Henry threw a chopped piece of cabbage at her. 

"Oh man, babies. Can't wait to have my own." Amber meant the opposite. She just felt too tired. 

"Don't you want to see little Amber running around the house?" Henry was serious about his question. 

"I don't know. I am too young to think about that." She rested her shoulder at the wall, arms crossed. 

"Wow. Did you just call Victoria old? And I am the same age as her. I am not that old." 

"I did not say you're old." She reached towards the plates inside the cabinets since she noticed he was preparing dinner. "It is just I could not see myself in the near future, having a kid." She let Henry reached the glasses on the top shelf for her. "I have not been out on a date for quite some time. Having a baby is the least of my priorities now."

"Let us have a date right now. I cooked your favorite." He placed a big bowl on the table. "So, what do you think?" 

"You remembered." 

Henry pulled out a chair for her. "I have found a recipe online. So let us eat." 

"I do not know what to say." As she sat down. "You even chopped the carrots into flowers." 

"'I love you' would be nice." He grinned. 

"I will just wash the dishes afterwards as a thank you. I know you do not like to do that." 

"Yeah. Because I want my girlfriend to do that for me." He winked at her as Amber put some of the food on his plate from where she was sitting trying to avoid his gaze. 


-x-


"Henry." She looked around the nursery. She got him a bottle of his milk. Taylor was not in his crib anymore. "Henry! Taylor is mi--" 

"Voila!" Henry, was at the messy living room, faced her. Taylor on his baby carrier. "In this way, we are always with him. It was tiring to always carry him around.”

"You placed him wrong." The first thing she noticed. 

"Really? The instructions are in Japanese. I just followed the pictures. How would you know?"

"I saw James using this when he was with his niece at the park." Amber carried Taylor and instructed Henry placed a snaps to the right area. "You should placed this here---" 

"Amber, W--who is this James? Why am I just hearing his name now?" Henry tried to removed the carrier all together, placing it on the sofa. 

"This is a first." Amber laughed. "Do not be stubborn. And put it back on. I am teaching you the right way to put it on." She handed it over back to him.

"First?"

"That I see you jealous." 

"I am not. But do you like this James guy? Huh? Tell me." 

"I prefer not to answer that question." She was still waiting for him to wear the carrier. 

"You like him. I knew it." 

"What do you want me to say? He looks good. He even asked me out. Is that the answer you are looking for? But I just went on a date with you." 

He smiled at her. 

"So would please quit smiling and put this back on?" 

"I would love to." 

"Gosh, Taylor do not be the jealous type like your Uncle Henry." 

"Ber" Taylor suddenly spoke. The two looked at each other. 

"No. No. No. Taylor. Say Mama. Ma-ma." Amber panicked. "Henry. What. Did. You. Do." 

"Sorry. I just like to talk about how much I love you. He seemed to like it.” 


-x-