"...Since 2008"

Changed By You

a/n: I do not own any trademarks used in this one-shots (i.e brands mentioned). (placing this, just to be safe, just in case)

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

December 31, 2011, 11:30 pm

 

“O..kay” Amber looked at Henry for a sec since he just gave her a weird gift. “You just gave me a…” She pointed at it.

 

“A jar” Henry continued what Amber was about to say.

 

They just looked at each other as Amber was definitely lost since her closest friend gave her a freaking empty jar.

 

“I got mine too.” Henry got his own jar from the second brown paper bag he was carrying when he sat beside her on one of the sofas at the living room of Super Junior’s dorm where the New Year’s Eve Party was being held.

 

“O..kay, Weirdo” She told him. “What am I going to do with this jar? Besides using it to hit your crazy head”

 

“You and your silly ideas, Amby tsk tsk tsk” Henry patted her head.

 

And once again, they just stared at each other. Amber was lost for words.

 

“Why? Stop looking at me like that. I called you Amby, since you won’t let me call you Josie.”  

 

“Amby?” Amber stated.

 

 “A-M-B-Y – Short for Amber Baby” Henry explained.

 

Amber almost dropped the jar that was on her lap. “Why do I ask questions if I would just regret hearing the answers?” She silently scolded herself.

 

“So what’s so special about these jars, Henry?”

 

“Please Lord, don’t let me regret asking this question” She whispered as she waited for Henry to answer.

 

“We will put inside it pieces of paper that will be written with good things that will happen within the year, starting January 1.” He explained the purpose of the said jars.

 

“Where did you get this idea?” She said.

 

“While I was browsing the internet” Henry smiled at her. “And I put my own little twist in it.”

 

“Here we go. So what’s the catch?”

 

“On December 31, 2012, we will be going to open our jars and read from each other’s jar. I will read yours and you’ll read mine.”

 

“This is not a bad idea.” Amber realized and actually this is quite a few occasions that she complemented him.

 

“Did you just give a complement?” He teased. “This is definitely a good way to start 2012.”

 

-x-

 

December 31, 2012, 11:55 pm

 

“Are you ready?  5 minutes left.” Amber sat beside Henry.

 

“Yup” He smiled at her.

 

“Where is your jar, then?” Henry asked, as he was holding a paper bag that contained his jar at the middle of the crowded living room of f(x)’s dorm. Every year the host dorm would change. Next year, it would at SNSD’s dorm.

 

“In my room. Come, we have a few minutes left before January 1.” She led him to her room.

 

“3,2,1.. Happy New Year!” They could hear the cheers from outside the room.

 

“Happy New Year, Amber” He greeted her.

 

“Happy New Year, Snoopy”

 

“Hey, Amber.” Krystal and Sulli opened the door. “Happy New Year Hyung...and Henry-oppa,” Sulli greeted.

 

“Happy New Year to you too, Sulli and Krystal” Henry smiled at Amber’s younger member.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Krysrtal asked. “All alone, sitting on the bed...Amber-unnie, are you giving Henry his New Year’s gift?”

 

Sulli laughed as she just realized what Krystal meant by “gift”

 

“Okay, Amber-hyung, we shall leave so the two of you could exchange gifts.” She winked the Henry and Amber.  

 

“It is already too loud outside so don’t worry we won’t hear you guys.” Krystal mentioned. “If you know what I mean.”

 

“Are we going to be Aunts soon?” Sulli spoke closing the door. “So Vic-umma will be a grandmother?”

 

“I think we had enough beer for tonight.” Krystal laughed at Jinri’s silly questions.

 

“Where were we?” Amber asked, ignoring what they just heard. “Who will go first?”

 

“I could read yours.” Henry volunteered.

 

“Okay.” Amber stood up and grabbed the jar underneath her bed.

 

“Wow! You have received so many blessings this past 2012.” Henry pointed out, as he opened her jar.

 

Henry had randomly read the papers from her jar:

 

“1st win”,

 

“Amber, are these confetti’s? You actually drew confetti’s” Henry showed the paper to her.  

 

“9th win of Electric Shock…woohoo”

“Won 1st MAMA Award \m/”

“My hair had gotten longer ^__^”

 

Henry showed her the drawing that he saw on the paper – a girl with a ponytail. “I prefer the real Amber in a ponytail.” He said.

 

“Open up a twitter account”

“We’ll be seeing Dad soon”

 

“I totally forgot you’re a Daddy’s girl.” He teased. “Daddy’s little princess”

 

“Just read the rest of the paper, Violin boy.”

 

“Llamas”

 

Henry eyed Amber again. “O…kay? Next.”  

 

“2nd win”,

“Jackjack and Princess”

“Hanging out with Henry in his studio – sleep over! :P”,

 

Henry laughed as he read that.

 

“3rd win”,

“Bowling! Our team won (Henry, me, and Lammy)!”

“Follow Me on Weibo”,

 

He then hummed that said song, as he reached in for another paper.

 

“Electric Shock EP”,

“Composed the rap part of Beautiful Stranger”,

 

It's Just Another Story 사랑하게 됐어 A-ha 한 이방인, Yeah And It’s All About Me….Something, something, something…Race Right Now” He rapped with matching hand gestures.

 

Amber sighed.  “I don’t know why I am still hanging out with you?”

 

“Because I’m cute and you can’t live without me.” He bragged, grabbing one paper from the jar.

 

“5th win”

“Danced La Cha Ta again”

 

Henry mimicked the choreography during the chorus while singing.

 

“4th win”

“7th win”

“6th win”

“Had a make-over LOL”,

“8th win”

“Soundproof Amber”

“Watching the Someday at Christmas MV for the nth time”

 

At that Amber smiled at him.

 

“Having lunch with Henry and Gen”

“A surprised birthday cake ^_^ - Happy Birthday to me!”

“Basketball with Henry, Gen and Isaac”

“Happy Birthday, Snoopy”

 

“Is this me with dog ears?” He looked closely at Amber’s drawing.

 

“Out of tune Happy Birthday song…Nice! \m/”

 

“It wasn’t out of tune. We are just so excited to sing to you.” Henry thought of an excuse.

 

She stuck out her tongue. “As if”

 

Henry read every paper till the last one.

 

Henry was surprised as he saw what was written on the last paper he was holding.

 

“Maxstep! Younique Unit rule!” He said to Amber.

 

“What?” She asked him, smiling.

 

“You wrote about Maxstep”

 

“Why? You became a part of the Younique Unit. I was happy for you so I wrote it down. Plus, isn’t it a blessing?”

 

“That’s one of the sweetest you have ever done to me” Henry mentioned, teasing, and ruffled Amber’s hair.

 

“So where is your jar?” Amber grabbed the paper bag placed at the foot of her bed.

 

“If you wrote down silly things for me to read…” Amber paused as she saw his jar with one folded paper in it.

 

Henry just smiled at her.

 

“You just have one paper inside you jar.” Amber opened it.

 

Amber grinned at him as she saw what was written on that said paper.

 

“Been in love with Amber Josephine Liu since 2008” He said to her as she was still looking at it, and stole a kiss from her.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"It's Just Another Story 사랑하게 됐어 A-ha 한 이방인, Yeah And It’s All About Me …. Race Right Now

= lyrics from: wonderfulgeneration

 

**And the "Amby" nickname - I have stories that used that nickname for people with the name, Amber, so I have put my own twist on it. 

 

***Read about the idea of placing papers with good things that happened within a year, in a jar, on a site called PINTEREST.com