Can't Get Over You

Changed By You

a/n: This is a sequel for "Need To Say Goodbye".


 

“Hey,” he said softly at her as he sat at the same platform where she is sitting. He took precaution of not sitting too close to her, but still tried his best to sit there casually. She looked at him, and smiled. “Hey” She tried her best not to sound awkward. Silence enveloped them.

He looked at his feet, as it tapped on its own. She just bit her lip, eyeing him out of the corner of her eye. Both were waiting for the other to speak. They both chuckled at the time, as if they both thinking about the same thing. After all that happened between them, they ended up like this, sitting far from each other, saying casual greetings, and let silence do all the talking, speaking what their hearts really desired.

“See you around, Henry.” Amber stood up from her sit, stopping herself not to look at him, as her eyes just trailed to his feet. As she walked away, that was the only time that Henry could safely looked her without anyone suspecting anything going on between them.

That was what they have talked about, what they agreed upon. They were still friends, best friends – nothing more, nothing less. They both tried to accept it. They hoped one day they would. But for now, this was all they could do.

Henry then stood up and walked the other way. He turned his head to look at her again, but all he saw was her still walking away, he then turned around, bowed his head, sighed in disappointment. She knew that he was looking at her, she bit her lip, stopped herself. “It is not our time yet, Henry. But when will that be?” She asked herself.

She later found herself at the rooftop of their building. She wanted to enjoy the view of the city like she used to, its beauty, its grandeur. She knew that she wanted see something else other than the sight that was in front of her. “I used to love this view” She spoke as if the city could reply to her, would console her in her sadness. From up there, she could see every place that they usually go to on their secret dates. The ice cream shop down the street, the park two blocks away, and the beach up ahead.

She fixated her eyes at that said beach. Tears started to fall from her weary eyes, remembering what happened the last time they were there. She felt her broken heart shattered even more. “We both agreed to this. We should live up to our agreement. I should grab a hold of my end of the bargain.” She bravely spoke, as she wiped her tears. She closed her eyes and breathed in the cold wind, and let it touched her face.

“At least I could feel the wind. At least the wind is here with me. But I don’t want the wind. I want you.” She climbed the ledge, and sat there idly, as she watched her feet dangle above the city. “I want you to be here with me.” She just sat there quietly, closed her eyes, and let the sound of busy streets fill the silence that has been deafening her since that night they called it quits.

As she adjusted herself, making herself comfortable, her legs to be in between metal railings of the fence that separated her from her death, and closed her eyes again, knowing she was safe from falling, (this wasn't the first time she did this), her hand holding the railings suddenly slipped. She was falling backward to the cement floor of the rooftop when a pair of strong milky white arms grabbed her by the waist.

They both ended up on the floor, his body protecting her from the fall. He exhaled sharply as his back hit the floor. “It’s okay. I’m here. Don’t worry, I’m here.” He tried to calm her down, their heartbeats in sync. She clingged herself to him, her eyes kept shut, and catching her breath, her tears soaking his shirt.

“That was a close one.” He was catching his breath, letting her seat for a while. He felt like his heart just fell out of his chest. She almost hit her head and back on the floor if he wasn't there to save her. “Are you hurt?” He wiped of some blood off his wounded arm. “I’m sorry you got…,” She attempted to stand up, “…hurt because of….” and immediately lost her balance, fainting. Henry was fast enough to catch her again. “Amber?” He carried her back to her dorm.

“Anyone home?” He hurriedly knocked. “Hello?” He asked again. He thought, “Where are her keys?” He supported her weight onto his shoulder, as he searched for her keys in her pockets.

“I’m sorry. I was doing something.” A voice spoke behind the door, opening it for him. “Amber!” She shouted in shock of the site of her unconscious friend. “Henry?” She gave him a confused look. “What happened?” Worry written all over her face.

Henry flinched in pain, as he carried Amber inside. “Where is her room?” He spoke in between breaths, still wincing, his wound now bleeding even more. “I’ll open the door for you.” She ran towards Amber’s room. He placed her softly on the bed, fixing her hair away from her face.

“Grab a towel to wipe the dirt of her face and arms, while I remove her shoes, and check for injuries.” He wanted to know Amber’s exact condition, not minding his injury.

“Just calm down Henry. What happened exactly?” He narrated what happened to Amber at the rooftop. “What? Why is she sitting on the ledge?” She was now even more confused by her friend’s actions.

“She’s like that when she’s sad.” Henry explained. Victoria kept silent, didn’t know what to respond, since she knew the reason behind Amber’s sadness. “I guess you don’t know that about her. But I do, that’s why is I was there at the roof because I knew my best friend is sad.” He spoke sarcastically. He was mad. He was pissed. “Let me grab some bandages for your...” Victoria offered. “No!” He interrupted her. “Just take care of Amber for a while, while I clean my arm.” He excused himself from the room, and went to the kitchen.

He inhaled sharply as the alcohol stings his skin when he noticed Leeteuk arrived. Leeteuk immediately looked worriedly at Henry’s injury. “What brings you here?” He spoke nonchalantly and continued to clean his wound.

“Let me help you.” Leeteuk offered. Not letting his friend move towards him, “I can’t do this on my own. Just back off,” he replied. “Victoria called about what happened.” Leeteuk added. When a voice coming from the front door spoke, “Leeteuk actually came with me.”

“Mr. Lee” Henry bowed at him then grab the bandages. “Henry…” The older gentleman spoke. “With all due respect, Sir, I think it would be better if you check Amber’s condition first before telling me what you came here to say.” Henry politely suggested.

Mr. Lee went to Amber’s room to check on her condition. Victoria immediately greeted him, as he stood near Amber’s bed. “Are you happy now? Because I’m not,” He looked at the older man. “Neither Amber,” He pointed out the obvious, just in case, everything that happened today was not clear enough for them.

“Henry!” Leeteuk shouted at him. “What?” Henry shouted back. “I think you need some air.” Leeteuk grabbed Henry by the arm. “I don’t want to. I have enough air for today.” Henry snapped. “Henry, for goodness sake, if you love your job…Please tone it down a notch!” Leeteuk reprimanded Henry. Henry just looked at him.

“I guess now is not best time for me to speak to you, Henry.” Mr. Lee spoke. Silence filled the room. “The two of you shall come to my office as soon as Amber’s condition is okay. Understood?” Their boss firmly instructed Henry. “Yes, Sir”

They all bowed at him. “I think the two of you have individual schedules for today.” Mr. Lee added. “You can ride with me back to the office.” “How about…?” Victoria asked. “I think she’s in good hands.” He smiled at Henry, who is currently at Amber’s bedside. The two leaders escorted their boss out of the building.

Amber supported her head as soon as she woke up. It was already the next morning. As she wipes her eyes, she noticed someone silently watching her at the foot of her bed. “Henry?” She was smiling at him. “Good morning, sleepyhead” He teased, ruffling her hair. “How are you feeling?” “Good. Happy. Happy to see you,” she grinned at that thought.

This was the longest they actually stayed in one room together, since they were given the warning. He tugged her hair behind her ear like he used too. He missed touching her face as Amber held on to his hand. “I miss this.” She looked at him. She noticed Henry’s bandaged arm. “I’m sorry” as she ran her slender fingers lightly on Henry’s bandage. “Don’t worry. It will heal soon.” He comforted her, as his thumb caressed her cheek. She wanted to say something but her thoughts got interrupted as he planted a long awaited kiss on her lips.

Amber was shocked at first of what Henry was doing. She responded, kissing him back. They shared a long passionate kiss. “Someone might come in?” she was still kissing Henry.

“I don’t even care anymore.” He moved closer to her, causing him to be on top of Amber, as his placed his hands upon her waist, pulling her closer to him as she tugged his hair. Henry’s kisses trailed to Amber’s neck. A moan escaped from her lips that even make Henry to continue kissing her.

His kisses trailed back to meet her lips again. “I guess we need to talk to Mr. Lee now that you’re okay.” He spoke to her, as he cuddled her close. “He can wait.” She replied, kissing his cheek. “Yeah, he can wait,” lying on top of her kissing her again.

Luna, Sulli, Krystal, and Victoria came home from their individual schedules. “I’m so tired that I haven’t had a descent sleep since yesterday.” Sulli spoke. “You tell me.” Victoria added, as the others yawned. “Vic-umma, I heard about what happened to Amber-unnie.” Luna spoke. “I haven’t checked her condition since I have so many things to do.” She placed her things on the kitchen counter.

“Let us go to her room, then.” Sulli suggested linking her arm on Krystal, as Krystal smiled back at her. Victoria and Luna followed them. The four ladies peeped their heads through the door. They all smiled as they see Henry and Amber sleeping, cuddled in each other’s arms. They could see in the couple’s faces that they were happy again.

Amber suddenly woke up, smiling at the sight of her friends. She carefully stepped out of bed, not causing Henry to wake up, kissing his cheek before going out of the room. Her member shuddered in delight. “Stop it!” She whispered to them, pushing them out of the room.

“So how are you feeling?” Luna asked Amber as they gather around their dining table. “Okay, I guess.” Amber chuckled. “You look way too happy.” Luna teased. “Am I?” Amber just smiled at her.

Krystal just sighed. “Fine, I’ll ask her, since no one dares to ask her. I know all of you want to know the answer.” She spoke out loud. “About what?” Amber grinned at their maknae. “You guys did it while we’re out, right?” She teased, raising her eyebrow, smiling mischievously. Amber just shrugged her shoulders, face turning crimson red, smiling. Her members were tickled pink to her reaction. “Of course not!” Amber finally spoke with an awkward laugh, walking towards the kitchen fridge. “You guys hungry?” She asked ignoring the teasing looks that her members were giving her, grabbing some milk, and bowl of cereal.

“Why are you ignoring the question?” Sulli noticed. “I’m not.” Amber retorted back. “You seem to be glowing.” Krystal teased again, as Luna and Victoria looked at Sulli and Krystal as they keep on teasing Amber. “Oh, come on!” Amber responded. “Well, your skin is.” Sulli added. “It’s because I had a good night sleep.” The four members looked at her, and giggled. “Even your answers are telling us otherwise.” Sulli spoke. “Come on, just admit it.” Krystal insisted.

A voice came out of Amber’s room. “What is all the commotion about?” He asked groggily as he wiped his eyes. “Oh…Hi” He greeted the girls.

“Good morning, Henry-oppa.” The four greeted him back. “Good morning” He smiled back at them. “Food!” He delightedly walked towards Amber, who was eating on the kitchen counter, hugging her from behind. “You want some? Here” Amber fed Henry a spoonful of her cereals. “Thank you” Henry responded, chewing, resting his head on her shoulder.

The girls again shuddered in delight at the sight of the couple. Their giggles heard all over the room. “What’s up with them?” Henry spoke in English. “Don’t mind them” She responded, eating a spoonful of cereal. Henry suddenly kissed her. Amber just smiled at him. “You had some milk on your face.” Henry spoke, as Amber fed him again. 

“You seem very happy this morning?” Sulli asked Henry, eyeing Amber as well. “Stop it, Sulli” Amber responded, before Henry could answer back. “Stop what?” Henry chuckled. “Don’t mind her” Sulli replied. “This morning was just the best.” Henry answered, as Krystal now stood beside Sulli. “So they did it twice” Krystal whispered to Sulli, and Sulli giggled. “We did what twice?” Henry spoke in English, looking at Amber. “Vic-umma” Amber complained. “Hey, don’t look at me, can’t do anything about it. It’s your problem, not mine” Victoria went to her room, Luna left as well.

“It’s okay Amber, as long as you guys used you know, starts with c and ends with m.” Krystal responded in English. Henry just laughed at her comment now getting what Sulli and Krystal are talking about. “Krystal, I said stop it! It isn’t funny anymore.” Amber switched back to Korean. “Fine! Let us leave these two lovebirds alone.” Krystal smiled at them, as they walked towards the door, grabbing her bag. “Sulli, walk me home?” She asked. “Sure.” Sulli delightedly replied.

“Finally! I could eat in peace.” Amber exclaimed. Henry just laughed at her side, looking at his girlfriend. “What?” Amber asked, somewhat annoyed. “So they’re implying we…” Henry spoke. “Yes, Genius!” She teased. “Then we shall” He spoke again. Amber punched his arm. “I’m kidding, jeez!” Henry exclaimed. “But seriously, think about it.” Amber sighed, “I’m in love with a ert.” “As if it never crossed your mind,” Henry teased. Amber aimed her fist on Henry’s arm again. Henry twitched. “Two for twitching, you ert!” She punched his arm twice.

“Grab some clothes from the closet. He already called us twice today. He wanted to talk us ASAP” Amber instructed, as she fixed her hair in the mirror. “Hey, Amber” Henry shouted from the walk-in closet. “What?” She asked, as she walks towards his location. “Half of my shirts are in your closet.” He noticed.

“And…” He paused by the site of his girlfriend’s undergarments. “And what?” She asked again as she reached her walk-in closet. “How come you have so many plaid….” Henry commented behind the closet door. “Are these boxers?” He questioned, grabbing one. “What the heck! Don’t you dare touch those” Amber covered her eyes, as she saw him only in his boxers. “Dude, wear some clothes.” She screamed.

Henry just laughed at her now-red faced girlfriend, as he wore one of his shirts. “Why not just tell me you want to see me .” He added, buttoning his jeans. “There, you can open your eyes now, my lady.” He was now inches away from her face. As she opened , Henry kisses her. “Are you going to say something?” He spoke, kissing her again. Amber just stood there. “Damn it!” She spoke, pushing Henry out so she could change. Henry just laughed behind the door.

“I forgot what I was going to tell you!” Amber shouted, as she changed, and then walking out of the room. “Am I that good of a kisser?” Henry teased. Amber just glared at him. “Move! We are already late.” Amber playfully pushed out of the dorm.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Lee.” Henry greeted and they both bowed at the older man. “Good afternoon to the two of you. Sit. Make yourselves comfortable.” He greeted back. “Amber, glad to see you’re okay.” He paused as he saw Amber and Henry’s linked hands as they walked towards their sits.

The couple noticed and immediately let go of each other’s hand, and nervously sat on the chairs in front of them. “Here” He handed over a folder to them. “Read it.” He instructed. “These are our signed contracts.” Amber bravely spoke. “Yes, Amber. There are. Turn to page 6 paragraph 2, letter b.” They did what they are told. “What does it say?” He asked.

The couple did not know what to say next. “You two have been warned because of this specific clause that is included in your individual contracts.” He eyed the couple. “It’s a five year clause, and the both of you are only half way there.” The couple just kept silent as they listen to him. “However,” He spoke. He saw the couple’s eyes lighten up, and smiled at them. “I could make an exception. I found it very disrespectful to hide your relationship from me. You are under this company, your boss has the right to know, not the last one to know.” He added.

“We’re sorry if we disrespected your authority. It will never happen again.” Henry spoke on their behalf. “What is the exception, Sir?” Amber meekly asked. “About that…Amber, do love Henry?” He asked her. “Yes, Sir, more than anything in the world.” She immediately replied. Henry smiled at her. “Henry, do you love Amber?” He then passed his question to Henry. “Of course, Sir, with all my heart.” Henry replied instantly as well, grabbing Amber’s hand in his.

“Then that’s my exception. I don’t need to further explain.” He told them. They both stood up, and Henry said. “Sir, we officially telling you that Amber and I are in a relationship.” He smiled at them. “There you go. Well that wasn’t too difficult.” He remarked, laughing. “So it seems, Sir. Thank you.” Amber spoke. “You’re welcome. You may now leave. My next meeting will begin in a few minutes.” He replied. The couple thanked the man again, bowed, and left the office.

Henry let out a huge sigh. “I never felt that scared and happy at the same time.” He joked. “Yeah, that’s the scariest hour of my life.” Amber added. “Let’s celebrate.” Amber insisted, grabbing her boyfriend’s arm. “Let us have some ice cream then.” Henry offered. “You just read my mind.” Amber cheered.

“Wait up! I just need to tie my shoe lace.” He spoke, and knelt down. Amber noticed a familiar fabric, squinted her eyes in suspicion. As they walk out the building, “Are you wearing one of my plaid boxers?” She asked lifting his shirt, to see if her suspicion is right. Henry eyed his girlfriend, smiling at her. “Yes” He spoke, kissing Amber. “Yes, I am.” “Underwear thief!” She teased as she leans in for another kiss. “Am I?” He playfully carried her over his shoulder towards the exit. She squealed. “Put me down!” Her face is now at his back.

Tiffany and Jessica was just entering the building. As they were waiting for the elevator, “Hey, Tiff, look!” Jessica poked Tiffany’s shoulder. “What?” Tiffany asked. They both laughed.

“Hello!” Henry noticed them. “Amber, say Hi!” He turned around so Amber, who was still on his shoulder, could greet them. “Hi!” Amber spoke, as Tiffany and Jessica saw Amber upside down on Henry’s back. “Please Henry, put me down!” She wiggled, trying to free herself from his grip. The sound of pulled waistband echoed in the hallways. “Aw!” He screamed in pain, almost dropping her. She laughed as she clingged on his back, now wrapping her legs on his waist.

“What was that for?” He asked, as Jessica and Tiffany laughed at the site of the couple playfully bantering. “For carrying me upside down,” She rested her head on his shoulder. “Sorry you have to see that.” He apologized to Tiffany and Jessica, as he was still carrying Amber on his back. “This is how you carry your girlfriend.” She whispered to him.

“See you around!” Jessica spoke, as they waved goodbye to the couple. “To the ice cream shop!” Amber cheered. Henry ran towards the exit. Jessica and Tiffany laughed as they gazed at the couple.