Fashion Terrorist Slippers

Changed By You

 

 

For ayummmmmm - fic request about Amber's fashion terrorist slippers.  

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Henry got out of bed, rubbed his eyes, and went towards the door since someone’s knocking as he answered his phone.

He heard a familiar voice before opening the door. “Henry, open up. I’m gonna tell you something.”

“Amber?”

“Yessir. Yo, wassup?”

“I have found here. But am I seeing straight? She is wearing skinny jeans, a wife beater, and high heels. This is sight I don’t usually see.” He told Min. “Yeah sure, I will take her home. Bye”

Amber just smiled at him. “So you can obviously see, I am rocking this… they have a term for these…” He was definitely grinning as he waited for Amber to finish talking. “…stilettos. Wow, I never thought I would say that word.”

“Amber, what are you gonna tell me? Can’t it wait?”

“Nope. I came here to do this.” She hugged him, “I miss you, Snoopy.” She saw Henry still smiling after he hugged him. “Technically, missed since you are here and I am hugging you,” She even tried to lift him, obviously she couldn’t. “I will not miss you anymore,” still hugging him.

“Really now?”

“Don’t be too cocky, I came here … oh wait, why did I come here? Oh, yeah, it is dare given to me by Jia a while ago.”

“When you guys were drinking” Henry concluded.

“That’s what I call having fun. And There, I said it, Jia. Jia? Oh crap, where is she? Did you know where she is?” She asked Henry and once again, Henry just laughed at his drunk friend.

“You are so drunk, Amber.” Henry let her in his apartment.

“No. I am not.” Amber defended. “See, I could even walk straight.” She definitely looked great wearing those stilettos, Henry noticed as he followed her inside his apartment.

“So you came here to tell me you missed me?” Henry placed his hand on her waist, helping her.

“Yup. You thought I am going to tell you that I love you, huh? But I won’t tell you that I love you, no, Sir.”

“I thought you are going to tell me what? I didn’t hear you clearly the first time.” He wanted to hear her say that she loves him again.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk, you are not listening. I said, you thought I am going to tell you that I love you. Obviously that won’t happen. Me saying I love you to you. As if. No can do. Nah-uh. Nope.”

“You are clearly drunk to be this honest, Amber.”

“I told you I am not drunk. I am just…. tipsy.”

“Amber, sit down properly.” He instructed.

“Sure.” Amber immediately followed.

“Stand up.”

She grunted. “Make up your mind, Mochi,” as she stood up. He wanted to prove that she was definitely drunk. He knew that she follows anyone’s instructions; no questions asked when she is intoxicated, apparently with rum.

“Go to the bathroom and wash up.”

“Wassup with all of these instructions, sit down, stand up, wash up.” Yet she was already half way to the bathroom.

 

-x-

 

“I think you need some fresh air.” Henry went out of his room after putting on some clothes.

“What happened to your Snoopy boxers?”

“You noticed I was only wearing boxers.”

“You opened the door wearing only that. Of course, I will notice. I am not blind you know.” She looked at him as if he was crazy. “I think your skin is so white and shiny, that it blinded me a little when you opened the door.”

“Now that you have washed up, time to go home, Amber. I will walk you home. I already told Min that we are on our way.”

“But my feet hurt” She lied on his sofa. “Can I just rest here first? I know I looked good in these heels but I swear I want to burn them this instant. And I don’t have any jacket to wear.”

“Then I will massage your feet for ten minutes and we will go, okay? You weren’t wearing any jacket and you were able to go here.” He stated, already grabbed her feet and placed then on his lap as he sat beside her.

 

-x-

 

“Amber, time’s up. Time to go” Henry tickled Amber’s feet since she won’t move.

“My feet still hurt. Massage then again, please.” She pouted cutely at him.

“But Min is waiting for you to come home, Fei as well. Min told me that your parents will visit later. Do you want them to know you slept here in my apartment? You can sleep here some other time.”

“But I don’t want to walk back wearing those.” She pointed at the red stilettos.

“Then wear these” Henry gave her a dark pink and blue slippers. I bought these for you when I was in Japan. I think now is the time to give them to you. And I could lend you a jacket.”

“These better be...” She put them on. “…comfy!” She was surprised how comfortable they are on her feet.  “Oh my God! These are the softest thing I ever worn in my feet. I love them already.”

“Like you love me.” He softly spoke.

“What?”

“Nothing. So can we go now?”

“Not quite yet. Turn around.” She instructed as she put on the jacket he let her wear.

“Why would I…?” He asked then Amber jumped on his back. “Do you really expect me to carry until we reach your apartment?”

“Yes. I guess we better get going then.”

“Now tell me, you are not drunk, Amber.”

“I am not. I am just tired.”

 

-x-

 

“Why are we stopping?” Amber asked.

“I am thirsty carrying you around plus you need coffee to lessen your drunkenness.”

“We only walked a few blocks. And I am not that heavy. Like I told you a million times, I am not drunk.”

“Really? Pick that trash on the ground, and throw it in the trash bin.” Henry pointed at the litter near them.

“Sure.” Amber, no questioned asked, picked up the thrash and threw it in the garage can. “Damn it! I am drunk.”

“And you weren’t that light either.” That remark about her weight earned him a punch on the arm. “Aw! You become stronger when you’re drunk.” Once again, that earned him another punch on his arm.

“And you let me were comfy dark pink bedroom slippers outside. Don’t you know how embarrassing I look?”

“But they are like cotton on your feet.”

“Be thankful that my feet hurt, and true, these are like cotton on my feet.”

“You should take a picture of you wearing that here and post it online with a hash tag fashion terrorist.” He teased. Now that remark earned him a light kick on his shin.

“I thought your feet hurt.” He mentioned, holding his shin.

“I thought I let you feel how my feet hurt.”