Know Her Too Well

Changed By You

Requested by skehehdanfdlove

50th Chapter of Changed By You!

 

A/N: I do not own the trademarks used in this oneshot. (ie. "M! Countdown") (placing this, just in case)


 

“Where’s Amber?” Victoria voice could be heard from Amber and Luna’s shared room.

“I woke up and she wasn’t at her bed anymore.” Luna explained as she went out of the bathroom and was drying her hair.

“Sulli” The eldest member called.

“Just a sec, Soojung just texted that she’s at the door” The short-haired girl shouted from the kitchen.

“Where is she?” Victoria went towards the living room and grabbed her purse.

“Where are you, Amber?” She said to herself, as she was already calling their missing member.

“What’s happening?” Krystal asked upon seeing Victoria pacing back and forth at the living room. Luna was too worried to actually say “Hi” to their maknae.

Krystal placed the food on the coffee table that she bought for them and stood beside Sulli.

“Maybe she just went for jog or something.” Sulli concluded.

“Oh my goodness! She actually went through with it.” Krystal told herself in hush tone.

“Soojung, what did you just say?” Sulli asked, facing the youngest member.

“Nothing” Krystal replied then she saw the three older members stood in front of her blocking her way towards the kitchen.

“Where is Amber?” Victoria asked.

“I am being totally honest here. I actually don’t know.” Krystal looked at Victoria.

“I am asking you again. Where is Amber?”

“I don’t know.” Krystal answered.

“I know you know something.” Luna insisted.

And Krystal contemplated on telling what she saw the other day during their fifteen minute break from practicing.

“She was talking to Min over the phone. She was holding a small piece of paper. She spoke softly and in English. I understood a part of what she was saying. All I heard was it was something about a schedule. I just assumed that a schedule was written on that small piece of paper. And as she went back to towards our practice room, I tried my best to act like I didn’t saw her talking over the phone.”

“Why didn’t you ask her what happened?” Sulli worriedly spoke.

“Jinri, she talked to Min. Instead of telling us, she decided to talk to Min. What does that tell you?” Krystal told Sulli.

The three older members just kept silent.

“So let us just wait for her to come back.” Krystal added.

 

-x-

 

Amber knew that her friend will be at the studio. She had a key so she just went inside and just sat at the white leather sofa.

She didn’t open the lights and just sat there quietly and let the darkness calm her down.

She was still wearing the sunglasses that she had put on upon exiting the salon that she went to that morning, as if the darkness that filled the room was not dark enough for her. Her sighs blended with the darkness.

Her friend knew she was sitting there for quite some time and entered the living room, sat beside her and ruffled her hair. As Amber bowed her head in defeat, she was instantly pulled closer, hugging her. He just gently touched her newly cut hair and didn’t say a word.

She wanted the silence that surrounded them at that moment since she was already too sad to even talk about it. She needed someone that could be there for her. And the first person she thought of was her best friend. And he never failed to cheer her up even if he didn’t say a single word.

His phone buzzed and decided to not answer it, and just focus on his sad best friend.

Zhou Mi decided to just call Henry on his telephone, and left a message. “Leave a message after the beep”

“Xianhua, get dress. We are all waiting for you downstairs.”

“Amber,” He once again gently patted her head. And she just nodded and gave him a faint smile, a signal for him to go.

“Would you like to come with me?” He asked.

She nodded once more. “Thank you.” She thanked him for keeping her company.

“I will just get dress and we’ll be good to go.”

 

-x-

 

Eunhyuk nudged Donghae and pointed at the window. He was pointing at Amber and Henry walking out of the building, and noticing Amber’s short hairstyle.

“Henry texted, and please for Amber’s sake, don’t react or talk about her new hairstyle.” Donghae read Henry’s text that the youngest had sent a few minutes ago. And the rest of Super Junior M nodded.

“Hi guys.” She tried her best to act happy and greeted them.

“Hello, my little sister.” Donghae immediately hugged her. And Henry eyed everyone for he knew they were already aware of his text message to Donghae.

“Amber will join us today.” Henry announced to the group, as he placed his hand on Amber’s head, touching her hair.

 

-x-

 

After the recording, they went to their company's building.

“Amber, you’re already here. Where is the rest of f(x)?” The stylist asked. “I sent a text to your manager– Oh, you are with Henry.” She noticed Henry standing beside Amber. “We could talk later.” She smiled. “Have fun with Henry.”

“She’s the one that cut your hair.” Henry concluded.

“No. She was the one that drove to me to the salon.”

“At least they gave a choice, right?” And Amber didn’t reply.

“They forced you to cut your hair?” Henry worriedly looked at Amber.

“It is not like that.” Amber started to explain. “They…” She sighed. “They explained to me why they need to cut my hair, and I agreed so they could just stop explaining things to me. I already have a gut feeling of things ending this way right after they allowed have a longer hairstyle.” She then held her hair and once again remembered how she felt when they started to cut her hair this morning.

“Do they know?” Henry asked, referring to the rest of f(x).

“Not yet. I am still not in the mood to answer all of their questions, and see their reactions upon knowing that my hair is short again.”

“Can we just celebrate today since you and Zhou Mi are now promoting Break Down here?” She asked.

“Sure.” Henry agreed, and ruffled her hair.

 

-x-

 

Amber saw Henry ignored Victoria’s call. “Next time she calls, answer it. She won’t stop calling you.”

And Amber predicted, Victoria called again, “Hello” Henry finally answered.

“What are you talking about? I haven’t seen Amber all day.” Henry looked at Amber as he told that Victoria and Amber softly spoke, almost a whisper, “Thank You”

“I will call you as soon as I know where Amber is.” He then ended the call.

“By the way I wanted to give you this.” She handed a small hair band to him.

“Why are giving this me?”

“I will get it back from you when the time comes that I will grow back my hair.”

“Cool.” He used it to tie up his hair and smiled.  And Amber laughed for the first time today.

 

-x-

 

“Okay. Girls, we are going to be late. So please move a little faster.” Their manager spoke.

“But Amber is not here yet.” Victoria spoke the obvious.

“She is already at the event together with Super Junior.”

“I knew it. She was with Henry all day.” Victoria grabbed her bag and went outside the dorm.

 

-x-

 

“5 minutes!” The staff at the event they were at signaled to the idols, a few minutes before walking down the red carpet.

“Henry!” Victoria called, “You lied to– Oh” She paused as she saw the person Henry was talking to. “Amber–”  

“f(x) is up next to walk the red carpet. Girls!” One of the staff instructed them.

“Umma, have you seen–” Luna was also surprised when she saw Amber, as well as Sulli and Krystal.

“Ask me questions later when we are all seated inside the venue.” Amber whispered to them as they headed down the red carpet.

Amber tried to smile for the cameras. She’s hoping that people won’t question her why she was wearing sunglasses for tonight’s event when wearing such was really unnecessary.

 

-x-

 

Henry kept an eye on Amber during the event.

He saw Amber not even smile when f(x) received an award while her friends and other idols cheered for f(x). At least Min was there to cheer for her the loudest.

Amber didn’t give her usual English speech and let Victoria give the speech for the whole group but she smiled while holding their award that was definitely a good thing to see.

However, she was definitely not herself that night as she was performing Electric Shock.

Yet he didn’t fail to cheer for her that night.

Amber cheered for him and the rest of Super Junior when they have won awards and performed on stage. He even saw her stood up from her seat when he appeared on stage during Break Down, smiling at him.

 

-x-

 

“Henry? Why are you here? It is the middle of the night.” Amber asked upon seeing Henry. “I thought you guys were celebrating tonight.”

“They are. I am not.” He smiled and her grin matched his. “I am going to ask you the same thing. Why are you here all alone while Victoria, Luna, Krystal and Sulli are celebrating with the others? Are you celebrating without me?” He teased.

“By the way, I bought our favorite.” He showed a paper bag to her.

“Nice. You just read my mind. I am craving for this.”

“I know you love to eat when you’re sad. So I also bought ice cream.”

“You know me too well, Snoopy.” And for the second time today, he heard her laugh.

 

-x-