Never Said I Love You to Anyone

Changed By You

 

 

“I have not said it, you know.” Amber suddenly spoke out of the blue.

“Pardon,” Sulli replied. “Said what?”

“I never said ‘I love you’ to anyone.”

“Hmph… You always say it to us, especially to me.” Sulli said, pouting.

“Because I love you guys; all of you are like family to me.” Amber patted Sulli’s head.

“Why all of a sudden you think about this stuff?” Sulli questioned.

“I don’t know.” Amber sighed while looking at a particular person.

Sulli noticed Amber and followed her gaze. “Oh!” She thought to herself.

“Maybe it is not the right time yet. Just wait for it okay, And it will come, Hyung.”

“Come on! Move it! We are going to be late for our Nihongo lessons.” Sulli already rushed out of the practice room.

“Hey! Wait up!”

Sulli was already long gone. Suddenly a familiar voice called her name.

“Amber, wassup?”

Amber just smiled.

“Something’s wrong? You look sad and tired.” Henry noticed Amber’s tired expression.

“Nothing, I just been thinking about something lately.”  

“Tsk..tsk… Girl problems.” He joked.

Amber just hit him at the back of his head. “Yah!” She shouted to him. “It is actually a boy problem.” She thought to herself.

“Aww! That kinda hurt. You know I am just kidding right. I actually think sometimes that you don’t actually care about me.”

“Boohoo! Whatever, Violin boy.” Amber stuck her tongue out, walking away.

“Hey! Where you going? You mad? I’m just kiddin’, you know.” Henry called out, worried.

“Nah, how can be mad at you, hamster boy.” Amber joked, pinching his cheeks. “But I am actually running late for my language lesson.”

“Oh! Okay.”

Amber was walking to her class, when suddenly….

“Josephine!” He called, actually shouted for everyone to hear with a smirk on his face.

“I told not to call me that!” She shouted back while still walking to class.

“Josephine!” He teased again.

“What!” finally turning around to face Henry, annoyed.

 “Let us eat after your class? Okay.” Henry said, all poker faced with his thumbs up, controlling himself from laughing.

“Yeah, fine, whatever, Mochi.” walking backwards to her class.

 

-x-

 

“Come on! Let’s eat.” She pulled Henry to the direction of the usual fast food place.

“Actually, we are not eating there.” Henry said, gesturing Amber towards his car.

“Oh! Okay? Then where are we going to it then?”

“You’ll see. I got this night all planned out.” He boastfully said.

“What? What do you mean planned out? We just made plans to eat like 3 hours ago, and yet you already made plans for tonight.”

“Of course, Josephine!”

“You are crazy, Henry Lau.” Amber gave him a sharp look.

“Crazy for you.” Henry teased.

Amber just faced the window hiding her red face.

“I know you’re blushing, Amber.” Henry teased again.

“Shut up and drive, Mochi.”

 

-x-

 

“Where is that street? Oh, there it is.” Henry pulled over. “We are here at our first stop.”

“Okay?” Amber unbuckling her seatbelt, reaching for the car door handle.

“Wait! Let me.” Henry rushed her side and opened the car door for her. “This is a date, you know.”

“What are we doing here exactly? What is so special about this street corner? Amber asked, while mentally cursed herself why she agreed to this.

“Just wait here, okay?” Amber just waited for Henry. “I think Henry’s high right now.” Amber thought to herself.

“Here you go,” handing Amber a ddukbokkie.

“Oh my favorite! Thanks.” Amber smiled then took a bite from it. “Okay, we’re here at this street corner to eat ddukbokkie?”

“Remember the first time that we met?” Henry asked.

 “Of course! At SM Entertainment practice room” Amber laughed to his silly question.

“Actually, for me, that was not the first time that I saw you.” Amber was shocked yet never stopped eating her favorite spicy Korean rice cake.

“It was here at this corner. I noticed you standing here, eating a ddukbokkie.” Amber stopped eating and Henry laughed and continued, “Actually you have rice all over your cheeks back then.” Henry reached for rice bits on Amber’s cheek. Amber just blushed and almost choked due to Henry’s warm hand.

“So this makes it ‘our street’.” Henry placed his arm over her shoulder and pulled her close, while looking at her.

Amber, blushing even more, didn’t know what to say.

“Come On! Eat up! It is time to go to our second destination.” Henry playfully dragged her back to the car.

 

-x-

 

Amber is sleeping quietly in the front seat. Henry sometimes looks at her sleeping figure when he got the chance. He just smiled looking at the girl he loves so much.

“She’s so beautiful. I hope people could see how beautiful she is, stop mistaking her as a guy, stop calling her oppa or hyung, for that matter, even though it is just a joke.” He said softly, not too loud that would wake Amber up.

Amber actually heard what Henry said. And just look outside the window, smiling.

 

-x-

 

Henry stepped on the brakes, and woke Amber up. “Amber. Wake up sleepy head. We’re here.”

“Huh?” she said groggily. “Oh, we’re here.” She got up, step out the car, excited to see where they are but Henry kept blocking her view.” She pouted. “Why are you blocking my view? And…”

“Because…” Henry answered, but he was cut off. Amber sneakily got away from Henry and finally saw what he is blocking and shouted, “Yah! What the heck! It is only a freaking building.” Her eyes run through the building, noticing how tall it is. “And we can’t even go in. You see, it is closed already.”  

“Because it is my last surprise for you.” Then Henry dragged her to the building.

The security guard greeted them and handed over a key. “Good Evening Sir.”

They both bowed to him and Henry thanked him.

“You seem to be here all the time?” Amber noticed. “I know the architect of this building.”

They stepped on the elevator. Henry suddenly pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and covered Amber eyes with it. Amber jolted back “Hey! What is this for?”

“Yah! So many questions. This is for my surprise. You’ll see.” He said.

When they reached the rooftop of the building, Henry guided Amber to a specific spot at the rooftop and removed her blind fold.

Amber looked down at her feet because of the sudden burst of light, and then she eventually saw the most beautiful view of the downtown Seoul. She ended up wide eyed and can’t believe what she is seeing.

“Beautiful right?” Henry asked and Amber still speechless, just nodded. “And yet, you are even more beautiful.”

Amber smiled, blushing.

“I remember one time, you said you wanted to see how beautiful the city is so I brought you here.” Then, Henry took Amber’s hand. “Here, no restrictions, no rules.”

Amber just rests her head on the tip of Henry’s shoulder, smiling while they both enjoy the view.

Amber lifted her head and looked at Henry and smiled, “I love you, Henry.”

“I love you too, Amber.”

Henry leans in and kisses her.

“Now, I finally said it.”

They both smile at each other.

Henry leans in and kisses her again.

 

-x-