Skipping Chapter 11

Changed By You

“What are you looking at? At your laptop” Amber casually asked upon entering Henry’s studio.

“Good afternoon to you too, nice of you to greet me,” Henry spoke.

“Yeah, good afternoon, whatever, what are you looking at?” Amber asked again, sitting at Henry’s white comfy sofa.

“Scans of pictures from the November issue of Cosmopolitan magazine” Henry replied browsing some website that posted the scans he was talking about.

“Scans of… what now?” Amber questioned.

“They are promoting how fun and important recycling is.” Henry mentioned, not letting Amber see what he was viewing.

“Cut the crap, you are looking at my photos. Aren’t you?” Amber approached Henry.

“No, I am not.” Henry lifted his laptop so only he could continue to view the said scans.

“If you haven’t seen them yet, why are you not letting me see the scans you were talking about?” Amber spoke.

“I simply don’t want you to see what I am looking at.” Henry transferred to another location, away from Amber.

“Then I will just stand beside you all day. And let us see if you can still keep up with you are doing.” Amber mentioned, and went to where Henry was sitting.

“Still I won’t let you see them.” Henry asserted, keep on tilting the laptop to different directions for Amber not to see what he was viewing.

Henry was too busy looking at the said scans that he just noticed something different about Amber.

“There is something different about you today” Henry commented, looking at the girl who supposedly sticking to what she just said that she will be standing next to him all day, from head to toe.

“What you just did there felt so….wrong.” Amber suddenly covered herself up, and decided to not stand beside Henry anymore.

“And are your legs this skinny?” He asked, now he, carrying his laptop with him, was now the one approaching Amber who was sitting on the sofa, legs crossed.

“What the hell are you doing?” Amber spoke, moving away from Henry who was on the verge of touching her legs.

“No one can touch my legs, dude.” She claimed.

“Take that as a complement, Amber. Your legs are skinnier nowadays.” Henry shifted his gaze back and forth from the screen of the laptop to Amber.

“You wear boots. You are showing off your skinnier…” He pointed out, “legs, and your hair”

At that Amber moved even farther away from Henry.

“Is becoming longer…Wait up” Henry stopped her from walking away from him. “Is your hair in a ponytail?” Henry finally noticed what changed in Amber’s look today the most, holding her little ponytail. “How come I just noticed this just now?”

“Oh, I decided to change my hairstyle.” Amber reasoned, successfully escaped Henry’s grip of her ponytail. “I guess you are too busy looking at these.” Amber successful grabbed his laptop.

“Amber, give my laptop back. Amber!” Henry insisted.

“Seriously, Henry, seriously, you are comparing how I look today with this one.” Amber was referring to the picture of her wearing white skinny jeans and boots, and hair styled differently compared to its usual style, and she was posing with Suho. That picture.

“I really like this photo of you. This Amber that I am seeing in this picture right now, this isn’t new to me at all,” Henry pointed out.

Amber frowned at what Henry just said. She felt that what she was doing lately to show more of her feminine side in front of everyone was just a waste of time and effort.

“This is how I always see you. This is how I look at you. To me, you never looked boyish at all. But I guess you did have to point it out that you are a girl to other people.” Henry grinned at her.

“So this,” Henry showed to Amber the picture he was comparing her to “This isn’t a shock to me. But that is." He pointed at her ponytail. “I never thought you had it in you.”

“Then I’ll remove it.” Amber spoke, hands already touching the hairband.

“Stop! What are you doing?” Henry stopped Amber from ruining her ponytail. “I never said I didn’t like it. And I never said it didn’t suit you.”

“Plus your ponytail is a big hit.” Henry spoke, tilting his laptop that was located on Amber’s lap, showing the posts of other people about her new hairstyle.

“You have an account on that site.” Amber mentioned. “And apparently, you have been reblogging some of my pictures and your pictures as well.

“Of course!” Henry replied. “See, your hairstyle right now is a big hit.”

“Then follow me on Tumblr then.” Amber tilted the laptop, so she could type in her Tumblr username. “What the…? You are following me already and my sister.”

Henry just smiled at her.

“How did you know about my personal blog?” Amber asked.

“I just knew it. And you just use that to stalk your fans and check out pictures of your favorite bands.” Henry bragged.

“Then we can make a blog about us” Amber suggested.

“Many blogs are already posting about us.” Henry pointed out.

“Really? Let us follow them then” Amber proposed.

“Way ahead of you,” Henry opened all of the sites he was talking about. “I already followed them.”

“Move, and let me follow them.” Amber spoke, logging out Henry’s account, and logging into her account.

“Our fans noticed that.” Amber was shocked, as she browsed all the blogs that Henry showed her.

“You’ll never believe how our fans noticed these things.” Henry commented. “Some are posting fan fictions about us that will redirect you to where they posted them.”

“I am aware of those. I even put up accounts on those sites.” Amber spoke. “Have you read the stories tagged under Henber? There are collections of one-shots about us. There are chaptered stories as well.”

“I sometimes read them when I have the time.” Henry stated.

“Me, I had even left some comments.” Amber mentioned.

“And up to now, no one found out about your account there.” Henry asked.

“Apparently,” Amber spoke.

“Let me check if the stories I subscribed to updated.” Amber logged into the said site.

“Oh, Changed By You just updated.” Amber cheered.

“I read some of the chapters there. I am only at Chapter 10.” Henry recalled.

“But it has thirty plus chapters now. And you’re just in Chapter 10.” She teased.

“Really? It has thirty…” Henry checked the number of chapters that said story has. “…two chapters. Then let us read together the rest of the stories I haven’t read yet.” Henry suggested.

“Sure, I don’t mind reading them again.” Amber replied.

“At least you haven’t read the chapter that has in it.” She whispered.

“I haven’t read … what now?” Henry asked.

“I said, you should read Chapter 12.” Amber spoke.

“Why are we skipping Chapter 11? I wanted to see your reaction when we reach the part of that chapter.  I had skimmed Chapter 11 by the way.” Henry replied, smirking at her.

“!” Amber cursed, as Henry already clicked Chapter 11.

“And we can also read All or Nothing.” Henry teased. “It has some scenes there too…”

“~La la la~ I can’t hear you! ~La la la~” Amber covered her ears.

“…Especially on Chapter 2”


 


 

Author's Note:

All or Nothing was one of my fics here but I already deleted it.