The Sleeping Henry Photo

Changed By You

 

 

The tweets are in italic. (I just copied those said tweets, and used them in this oneshot) 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

"You're late." Amber stood at the entrance of the cinema area at the fourth floor of the mall. Today, the mall was showing all eight movies of the Harry Potter series; the first four in the morning, and the second half in the evening, for two days.

 

Amber took the opportunity to watch those said movies again with Henry, since she knew that he would be busy soon, promoting SJ-M's new album.

 

"We still have a few minutes to spare." Henry approached a very impatient due to excitement Amber

 

"We’re still going to buy some snacks." Amber reasoned, walking beside Henry as they went to the nearest food stall.

 

"No need. I brought our own snacks" His hands on the front pockets of his jacket. Henry's jacket wasn't fitting him well, she noticed.

 

"Seriously? Between the two us, you are the one always spending on random things and now, you're the one who brought his own snacks. Tsk tsk tsk" Amber pointed out, sort of teasing the former spender turned stingy.

 

"Tease me all you want." Henry ped his jacket a bit, and revealed what he was talking about, a bag full of gummy bears.

 

Amber immediately stood at Henry's personal space upon seeing the bag. "That's what I was talking about. Gummy Bears!" She excitedly cheered.

 

"Now you're good to me." Henry tried his very best not to let Amber grabbed the bag out of his grip, putting it back inside his jacket. What Henry didn't expect was what Amber did after he hid the bag. Her hand slid inside his jacket, trying the grab a hold of the loot he just brought for their movie date.

 

After realizing what she was doing, Amber took a few steps away from him. Henry saved her from further embarrassment, "You got the tickets, right? You bought them upon opening of the mall." Then they walked towards Cinema Three.

 

The movie was about to start, Amber, all this time, kept quite then Henry saw the smile that crept upon her face when she he gently dropped the bag on her lap.

 

"I brought that especially for you. I didn't include the violet, and green gummy bears, since you hated them." Henry casually rested his back on his seat, making himself comfortable, since they will be watching four movies, with only 10-minute breaks in between.

 

 

-x-

 

 

Henry noticed something while watching the movie. He watched her moving her lips basing on the Korean subtitle flashed below the wide screen.

 

"Gummy bears?" Amber offered the bag, arm extending towards Henry, yet her eyes never moved from watching the movie.

 

"You even memorized the Korean subtitles, besides the English dialogue." Henry laughed at this latest realization, tried not to laugh that loud.

 

"What?" Amber then finally shifted her gaze towards Henry when one of her favorite scenes just ended, whispered.

 

"I just noticed that you are also saying the dialogue sometimes in Korean, sometimes in English". He said softly.

 

"I am that cool." Amber whispery bragged, never stopped on munching on her favorite candy.

 

Henry then gave her a look he was known for when he just realized something, "This is why you're Korean improved way faster compared to me. You kept on watching Harry Potter movies at home with Korean subtitles"

 

Amber just smiled at him; their face still inches apart, continuing the exchange of whispers.

 

"I have my own genius way of learning a language." Amber bragged again.

 

"Then why not watch Harry Potter series with Chinese subtitles in them" Henry teased the "failed ABC" as she once called herself. Few people shushed him, after he said that.

 

Amber hissed him as well, teasing him, mimicking the way others shushed Henry. "You should be the one doing that, as if your Chinese is way better than mine."

 

"Of course." Henry bragged, again movie goers shushed him.

 

"Again, read my lips, as if they were the tweet I sent you before, good job, bro." Amber emphasized the ones that were on her previous tweet to him, sounded as sarcastic as she once typed it using her phone.

 

Henry was about to say his comeback tease when the light coming from the usher's small flashlight beamed at them. After that, they just sat there quietly, occasionally eyeing each other, forcing not to laugh and tried their very best for their attention to fully focus on the movie.

 

-x-

 

 

“Well, that was a great way,” he yawned while he was speaking, “to spend my not-so-busy morning.”

 

“Well, someone’s tired.” Amber pointed out as she was Henry stretching his arms, and once again yawned.

 

“No, I am not.” Henry defended, yet his tired eyes failed him miserably.

 

“What to…” Amber was taken aback watching Henry took a gummy bear that was hanging for its dear life on neck of her zip-up jacket, chewing in front of her, “do now?”

 

“We could hang-out at your apartment for a while.” Henry suggested. “Since the next showing will be on the evening. Or we could even watch the other movies tomorrow”

 

“And you said that you weren’t tired, then why did you just suggest we watch them the other movies tomorrow?”

 

“So we could hang out again.” He placed his arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer to him.

 

 

-x-

 

 

“Sorry for the mess, Henry.” Amber said upon entering the apartment. Ailee, Jia, Min and Tiffany sometimes go here.

 

“Your place needs some cleaning soon.” Henry just picked her iPad that was under the sofa.

 

“Oh, there it is. I was looking all over for this.” Amber was about to hold her iPad when Henry raised it way above her reach.

 

“Since I found it, I should be the one using it first.”

 

“Fine, I bet it is has a low battery anyway.” Amber went inside her room. “Let me grab the charger from my room.”  Henry was just few steps behind her.

 

“Where did I last put that iPad charger?” Her eyes shifted from location to another, in search of the lost item.

 

“How the hell did my charger ended up in the cabinet near the faucet?” Amber just came from the bathroom, and suddenly laughed.

 

She instantly had the urge of taking a picture of Henry sleeping on her bed. She tried to reach for Henry’s phone that was beside him, so once he unlocked it, the home screen will show the said picture. That was her original plan. But she just reached for phone from her pocket, and took a picture of Henry.

 

She was to put down her phone, when she thought of a better idea to tease Henry. What could be the best way to tease Henry? Via the Internet of course, this is one the perks of having twitter, instagram, and weibo accounts, and many followers.

 

“Now time to post on instagram and twitter” She thought. She grinned just by thinking of her evil plan. She must come up with a perfect description for the said photo. “Practice makes…per… Sleepy XD” She even tagged his username, and hit the button that would post the said pic.

 

Her mentions were immediately filled by comments coming from fans, when she noticed something. She tagged the wrong person on instagram. “Oops!” She stood from where she was sitting, staring at Henry’s face all this time. She immediately deleted it, and tweeted a simple apology on the person she accidentally (or stupidly) tagged.

 

She then replaced her description with “Snoopy is sleepy.. Go sj-m!! 스뉴피 졸리네요 ㅋ 슈주엠오빠들 화이팅!!” And then pressed “Tweet”; she didn’t even notice that she was looking at Henry once again.

 

 

-x-

 

 

Before she could post the said Sleeping Henry photo on weibo, she noticed a link one of her followers sent her.

 

Amber almost dropped her phone, when she saw Henry’s picture with a caption of “I’m Harry Potter” together with Gen.

 

She saved the picture on her phone, and began thinking on how she could use this picture someday, using it as an advantage.