Fahrenheit

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up that Tuesday to a text message sent from Dino  A festival is coming up over the weekend. Let’s go together on Saturday.

Sure! I have no life anyway  You replied back and got up out of bed. You later found yourself googling what festival was coming to town. Apparently it was a normal festival that was set up by the city every year. This was the kind of price you paid for being from out of town; you knew nothing. Although the photos contained food and happy people, you were more focused on the gigantic Ferris wheel in the background.

After brushing your teeth, you watered the snowdrop and got comfortable in front of your TV to catch up on some documentaries.

A ding from your phone caught your attention. The message that came in wasn’t from Dino but from Jun.

Have you ever gone to Lake Myeong?  You read from Jun’s message.

No, where’s that?

Let’s go this Sunday around 4. We can take the bus there from your place.

You sat there and contemplated to yourself. Why did your week suddenly feel so busy?? You your teeth at the thought of fighting with Jun. Should you agree to have your weekend booked by Dino AND Jun?? You sighed. You weren’t going to reply back to Jun just yet. You could always use more time to debate. After all, it wasn’t until the weekend.

 

That evening as you got to the breakroom door a large brown bag drizzled with golden sparkles hung on the doorknob. You studied it to make sure it wasn’t some mistaken delivery. But not a single notecard or name was available to read.

“I think those may be for you,” Mrs. Chohee explained from down the hall as she approached you.

“Me?” you asked, “who is it from?”

Mrs. Chohee took the bag off the doorknob and handed it to you, “I’m not sure but I think someone dropped it off for you,”

“Are you sure?” you inquired wondering if Lyna came by. You followed Mrs. Chohee into the break room, allowing the door to shut behind you.

“I didn’t see who it was but it wasn’t here earlier,” she replied as she swung her pea coat over her shoulders.

After Mrs. Chohee left leaving you alone in the break room, you finally opened the bag to peek in. Four fresh red roses were wrapped together with pink and white paper tissues. A white silk ribbon with red tulle formed a bow to hold them together. A note sat between the stems and you yanked it out to see who it was from. Unfortunately, all that was written was: is four enough?

“Enough for what?” You asked yourself as you stood there baffled. “Are these roses were even in the right place?”

Unconvinced you placed the roses back into the bag and left them sitting on the table as you made your way to the library.

 

“Hey!” Lyna waved from a table near the windows. You smiled at her and walked over. Unlike the usual bunch, there were only a few girls sitting at the table with her.

“How’s it going?” she asked referring to the valentine cards.

“They’re all delivered,” you replied with excitement and then bent over to whisper, “Wonwoo said he has a Valentines this year,”

“Awwwwww,” Lyna replied and playfully slapped the shoulder to her friend that sat beside her. You looked over to see the girl’s cheeks flush a full blown red. You remembered her. She was the one with short hair from before.

“You must like Wonwoo,” you deducted and she nodded as she placed her palms against her cheeks.

“You know he comes in here to read sometimes,”

“I do…but I don’t say anything to him…” she murmured, her voice high and full of charm.

“That’s probably a good thing. I can’t stand Wonwoo. Yesterday I told him to take his dirty feet off the table. It’s so crazy that he actually listened,” you detailed and the girls chuckled in reply. “Well…I better go clean. I’ll talk to you guys later,”

“Thank you so much,” Lyna stated.

“No problem,” you replied. As you walked away, you wondered why Lyna didn’t mention a single word about the roses. Could it be that they didn’t come from her?

 

 

At 7pm that night, you waited for Hoshi in the main building. You had agreed to hang out with him and couldn’t back out now. You found yourself slightly anxious as to where you would be going with him. You stared down at your outfit and suddenly wondered why you didn’t bring an extra set of clothes to change into.

When Hoshi arrived, he was dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a black collar shirt that was partly tucked into his pants. His sleeves were rolled and his buttons were opened at the neck allowing a silver necklace to peek through his collar, attracting your attention.

“Ready?” he asked. The fairness in his skin made his dark hair and eyes stand out like stars in a night sky. When you detected a gentle look from him, you felt your heart do a leap inside your chest. Why had you suddenly reacted that way?

You exited the building with Hoshi and he threw his arm around your shoulder.

“Nothing has happened but I’m having so much fun already,” he gave a silly chuckle and beamed you a smile before walking you in a direction you were unfamiliar with.

“Where are we going?” you asked.

“When we get there, you’ll know,”

“Is it far?”

“Not really. But let’s take the bus,”

“Um…Ok…,” you replied and contemplated as to why you even decided to trust Hoshi in the first place.

 

“Tada!” Hoshi announced, his arms stretched out towards the building ahead of you.

“Skylight Building…?” you read from where you stood. The structure definitely lived up to its name. It was so tall that it extended way above your eyes could see. You swore it was probably the one building in the city that would get you to heaven.

“Let’s go,” Hoshi stated with a head tilt and lead the way. You followed him inside and over to six golden elevators that reflected like mirrors. The elegant building had tall ceilings and marble floors that were so sleek you could probably skate on it if you got your shoes waxed.

Hoshi studied you as you observed the space. A tall fiddle-leaf fig beside you triggered you to curiously touch its leaves. Hoshi smiled at your actions and watched you rub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter