Pewter Grey Scrubs

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up with an ache in your neck to find yourself still holding tightly to your Grandfather’s left hand. You glanced at the heart monitor and the waves that danced to a steady beat assured you he was still breathing. You rubbed your puffy eyes and the door opened behind you. Standing up from your chair, you turned to see Mr. Kwon walk in followed by your Grandfather’s chauffer.

“Good morning,” Mr. Kwon greeted, his voice soft and empathetic. You couldn’t get yourself to speak and could only greet him with a pressed smile.

“How’s he doing?” Mr. Kwon asked as he approached your Grandfather.

He heard a slow inhale from you before you exhaled and replied, “The last time the nurse came in, she told me he is still recovering.”

Mr. Kwon nodded his head and reached over to pat your Grandfather’s hand. A silence rung through the air, and you wondered what Mr. Kwon was thinking.

“I think it’s best,” he began and then turned to face you, “we remove you from your position. I’m sure your Grandfather would appreciate having you by his side.”

With shock, you stared into his aging brown eyes and then quickly abided by reaching into your pocket. From your hand, you glanced at the keys that were strung together while they shined silver and brass under the day light from the windows. Your eyes caught the key to the Seventeen Carat Club room, and you took a moment to study the emblem carved into the key. It was a stylish design, representing the trillions that hung on their room ceiling.

Then your mind drifted and you were alone, with nothing but your thoughts. Every time Seungcheol smiled, you should have complimented him. The way that Vernon looked after you, you hadn’t thanked him enough. Of all those days you spent running away from Jeonghan, maybe you should have stayed instead. And in those moments when Wonwoo annoyed you, maybe you should have told him how beautiful his smile really was. You exhaled a breathtaking sigh at the memory of Mingyu’s eyes and how they always seemed to glow.

Perhaps you should have told Dino how much you cherished his presence. Or you should have explained to Hoshi that he had touched your heart in ways you’d never experienced before. Jun…oh how his dark hair looked so beautiful against his skin with his white-collar shirt every time. Knowing that you would never hear Joshua play his guitar ever again broke you into pieces. And Seungkwan who’s voice was so beautiful you couldn’t bear to not hear again. Then there was Dokyeom, who had fed you time and time again and Minghao who had showed you how amazing it was to be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter