You’re Stalking Me Now?

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That next day you dreaded going back to Pledis University. For the first time in your life, that college wasn’t the place you wanted to be. Dragging the garbage can again while triggering the pick-up tool to close and open in midair you walked down another hall. Nothing but the sound of the trash’s wheel squeaked behind you. You pressed the elevator doors to the second level of the building. You would have taken the stairs but with the trash can that was impossible. You stared at your left chest and patted your unpinned nametag in your pocket. As much as you wanted to wear it, somewhere within your feelings, you were too ashamed.

When the doors slid open you stepped out of the elevator and looked down the hallway.

“I hate this school, even the floors shine…” you stated with both admiration and aggravation as you walked over to the large windows across from you. When you peered out you could see a better view of the inner courtyard full of beautiful bushes and flowers.

“WOW!...this garden looks even better than Sejong’s.”

Well…Sejong’s use-to-be garden, that is.

Two concrete walkways met in the middle like a plus sign dividing the courtyard into fourths. In the center of the cross, a beautiful clear sculpture spilled water from the top as it drizzled down the sides and into a small pool of water beneath it. Each quadrant separated by the crosswalk was full of different colors of flowers. Within the flora benches were located at random. Something inside you stirred and you couldn’t wait to sit on one of those benches below.

 

 

You hummed a song and began your way down the hall picking up small pieces of paper that were barely noticeable. When you turned the corner large painted arts were plastered on the walls down the whole hall. You stood there staring in amazement. They were beautiful, each with different vibrant colors.

You walked up to a canvas nailed at your height and ran your fingers across the dry paint. It was like being in a museum…this time without paying the price to get in. You had forgotten to pick up trash as you walked down the hall admiring each painting, one at a time. When you got to the middle of the hall you peered into an enormous room with paint buckets all over the floor. Large canvases half painted with brushes on easels stood throughout the room. The room itself was full of large windows extending from ceiling to floor allowing the evening sun to break through.

“What a cool class…this must be where they paint these canvases…” You deducted to yourself and suddenly remembered your role.

“Oh, heck no! I am NOT cleaning this,” you demanded refusing to enter. Just then a man walked across the door with his back facing you. Within his hands were a canvas fully painted. It must had been abstract painting because you had no clue what the heck it was. When he turned and saw you peering in, he set the canvas down and headed towards the door. In the heat of escape, you quickly rolled your trash can away trying to outrun the mess and the man.

“Are you here to help me move the canvases?” he asked after the door cracked open. You closed your eyes knowing you had been defeated in your escape. But hey! At least he didn’t ask for you to clean the room. Carrying canvases couldn’t be so bad. When you turned to look back at him you realized he was tall and thin. His dark hair was shining with highlights of brown against his fair skin. His white-collar shirt held together by his grey tie was half tucked in and half out of his pants. Either that was some style or he was working too hard, you couldn’t tell from his emotionless face.

Jun looked at you and observed the baggy outfit on you. The white stripes that ran down your sleeves reminded him of a play he had seen before. When he noticed how many times your sleeves and pants were rolled up a small side smile broke his impassive face. His eyes darted to your left chest and realized you didn’t have a name badge to verify you as a staff or student of Pledis. His eyes squinted slightly as he wondered who you were. He shifted his feet and pulled his tie loose from his neck relieving him of the tension around his throat.

“I’m Jun, nice to meet you. Come inside.” He said to you and without another word he walked back into the room while leavi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter