Friendship Debt

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Jeonghan thanked the crowd and gave a bow, you stood up to join the standing ovation. You clapped along with the crowd and only then did you actually look around at the photos Jeonghan had taken. From the ceiling, the photo of Minghao with his fake wound looked stunning. Although he was sitting, Minghao’s eyes were tense and animalistic, as if he was panting for air after a victorious fight.

You looked over to Minghao who was dressed in all black. The edges of his blazer were designed with shining rhinestones all the way down to the buttons at his stomach. He caught you staring and shared you a side smile. Unlike his tense image in the picture, he looked welcoming and friendly in real life. Or was it that you had grown too accustomed to him?

You quickly glanced away and over to the photo that hung beside Minghao’s. It was a photo of the city lights, focusing solely on a pure and full silver moon between two tall buildings.

You looked over to the wall and the photo of Mingyu from a long time back made your mouth open. His frosty hair and smooth skin made him look like a finely handcrafted mannequin constructed to be placed in a museum. You turned around to look at the real Mingyu just to check if he truly looked that way. When your eyes met his, he winked at you. To pretend as if you didn’t see his flirting gesture, you quickly turned back around.

Your eyes then landed on a photo that made you stop clapping. You slowly stepped out from your chair; your eyes glued to the photo.

 

Before you could walk towards it, Seungcheol stopped you with a hello. Dokyeom wished he sat a little closer to you so he could have talked to you first. Joshua picked up his fork and continued to eat from his plate to keep his mind occupied.

After you were able to leave Seungcheol you hurried over to the photo to only be stuck standing behind a group of older men. You couldn’t see. Your height didn’t help as you were peering from between their shoulders.

 

“That’s a nice photo Jeonghan,” Mr. Lee complimented as he patted Jeonghan’s shoulder. He was a film instructor from another institute.

Jeonghan smiled, “Thank you. It’s one of my most recent photos.”

“Are you going to sell this one or give it up for auction anytime soon?”

Jeonghan shook his head, “I don’t think I will. I like this photo,”

After their long conversation ended, they all turned around to walk away. Jeonghan turned around and noticed you standing there. You glanced at him then hurried your way past him and over to the photo they were talking about.

You reached over to the picture and touched the smooth glass that protected it. The image was taken from diagonally behind you. Your dark hair was shiny and blowing slightly in the wind. Your face was hidden, leaving only your cheek and your nose to show. You were bent over writing, completely focused on your journal. Your yellow cardigan and pink headband stood out from the white cotton dress you had on. The rest of the courtyard appeared as if the color had faded away. Only you had color, only you stood out.

Jeonghan had taken a photo of you that day. An extremely beautiful photo, without you even knowing. You stared at the photo as the memory of Jeonghan claiming you as his best friend for the first time flooded back into your mind.

 

You swung around to look for Jeonghan but he was no longer where he was earlier. Before you could detect Jeonghan in the crowd, Emjae walked over and blocked your view triggering you to step back from him.

“Can we talk?” he asked. You didn’t answer. You tried to hurry away from him but he followed you all the way over to the windows. “Please?” he begged and took your hand into his.

You jerked your hand away and warned, “You have a girlfriend. Please stop. There are a lot of people here,”

“I don’t care,”

“I know you don’t. That’s why your phone has been disconnected for three years now,”

“That’s not what I meant,”

Your eyes were focused directly onto his. You hated that he still looked so perfect in front of you. You wanted so much to hate him but your heart spoke a different language. As soon as your eyes began to water you turned away from him.

You rapidly searched around the large room for Jeonghan. When you c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter