As Beautiful As...

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mondays were always the dreadful days for other people but for you, they had grown to be the days you liked the most. A Monday meant a new week, a new day and a fresh new start. You liked that. You needed it.

Inside the janitor break room, you sighed while leaning the back of your head against the door. A faint knock on the door jerked you as you quickly turned around to open it.

You were greeted with a slightly anxious Woozi as his eyes blinked rapidly and his mouth fiddled to speak.

“Hey Woozi, did you need a room opened?”

“Hey uhhh…can I come in?” he asked.

“Um…sure,” you stepped back allowing the door to open. Woozi entered and without looking back he closed the door with his feet. You could tell he had something within in hands, hiding behind his back. Even parts of its white fur was visible above his shoulders.

Woozi pulled from behind him a white fluffy bear that wore a red tilted hat. Its neck was occupied by a black bow and its hand held a bouquet of roses made of ­­red felt wrapped in green to represent stems.

“It’s…it’s for you,” he managed to explain.

“Me?…”

“Just take it…I’m not good at this kind of stuff,” Woozi announced and shoved the bear into your arms. You could see that he wanted to say more but he blinked his words away. Within a silent argument in his head, he swung around to leave the room.

“Wait,” you called after him.

Quickly, you sat the bear down onto the table and hurried down the hall, catching up to Woozi with a jog. You grabbed his arm with both of your hands to stop him from escaping. By now, his cheeks were flushed with pink and he tried to keep his shyness at a minimum.

“Thank you. But…I’m a bit confused why…I mean,”

Your words seem to tumble out of control from your throat.

“Happy early Valentines,” Woozi declared, “isn’t a bear what you wanted?”

Your eyebrows furrowed, creating lines to crease on your forehead, “What I wanted?”

“Yeah,”

“I’m…I’m confused,”

“In your letter,” he announced, “did you forget already?”

“Letter?”

And that was when it hit you. The letter Woozi was referring to was the card you had given him, made by a girl from the SVT Fan Café. The events that occurred in the past weeks flashed through your mind like a film that was unwinding faster and faster, completely out of your control.

“Are you ok?” Woozi questioned.

Your eyes were now wide, full of regret and mortification. And no. You were not ok.

“I’m so…I’m so sorry,” was all you could say. You weren’t even sure if you were apologizing to Woozi or to the SVT Fan Café; or to the rest of the guys. You let go of Woozi’s arm and he watched your fingers pull away slowly. Without another word, you turned around to leave.

Woozi grabbed your wrist, stopping you in your departure. His heart thumped faster inside his chest as this was something out of his comfort zone. But he couldn’t let you go because he didn’t understand the disappointed tone behind your apology.

You didn’t care to fight him off. You stood there silent, your mind far away from your body. All you were concerned about was how you would apologize to the SVT Fan Café.

At the feel of Woozi’s hand holding your wrist tight, your heart dropped, shattering onto the floor below you. You had held your tongue, hoping to keep the cards a secret. But now, was it worth doing so? If you told Woozi the card had come from the SVT Fan Café, would it be that much of a crime?

You looked at Woozi, ready to reveal the truth but his caring eyes ripped at your insides slowly. “Do you not like it?” he asked.

“Um…Woozi…I…we need to talk,” you began but the sound of Mrs. Chohee’s voice from down the hall ended your thought. You quickly pulled away from Woozi and turned around to leave.

 

 

 

That evening you plopped onto the rim of the fountain in the courtyard and listened to the trickling water f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter