Leave The Door Unlocked

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few more knocks at your door turned your irritation into rage. Can anyone blame you? You were HANGRY!

“WHO IS ITTTTTT?????” you shouted from where you laid.

“Are you ok?”

Your heart sprung out of your chest at the sound of Dokyeom’s voice. Before you could realize it, you were unlocking your door faster than your mind could think.

In the midst of flinging your door open, you desperately questioned, “Where have you been???”

Caught off guard by your tone, Dokyeom’s eyebrows raised in surprise.

With anxiety, you whined, “I came over to your place earlier today and knocked on your door multiple times. Where were you at?? Do you have any food? I’m so hungryyyy,”

“We have some food,” Jeonghan announced as he stepped out from behind the corner of your apartment. Your desperate hungry thoughts vanished at the sight of him holding a large yellow box in his hands.

Oddly, it wasn’t the food that made your stomach stop growling, it was Jeonghan himself. What exactly was he doing hiding around the corner of your apartment? And why was he there in the first place??

“Jeonghan why did you let go?? Help me!!!” someone nagged and abruptly a few guys stumbled out from hiding. When you were able to make out who they were, your mouth went dry.

Seungcheol, Seungkwan, Wonwoo, Mingyu and Hoshi struggled to grasp a large evergreen tree in their hands. Before you could even think to ask Dokyeom what was going on; them and the dark evergreen plunged into the snow behind him.

Dokyeom turned to eye Jeonghan and then over to the others that were now trying to recover from their fall.

You glanced at the tree that appeared to be suffocating from the layer of lights wrapped around its branches. A couple red and gold ornaments fell off its limbs and sunk swiftly into the white snow. Some of the other ornaments dangled as if they were holding on for dear life.

“My ornaments!” Jun yelped while jumping out from behind Jeonghan to collect them out of the snow.

“I told you they were too heavy,” Seungcheol criticized from where he stood.

“I thought I told you guys to stay put?” Dokyeom muttered dreadfully through his teeth and you made a face at him. Did he really think that you would not be able to hear what he just said?

“Don’t get upset at us, we followed the plan,” Joshua announced loudly from behind the corner of your apartment. He had to defend Dino, Minghao and him, who were still concealed. Oddly, the sound of Joshua’s voice tugged at your insides.

Woozi listened to his unreliable friends as he held onto two more large boxes of food, one in each hand. He glanced over to Vernon who was still shocked that Jeonghan had taken the box of food he originally carried. Although Joshua did not defend them, they too, were still hidden.

“Why…why…are you guys all here?...” you asked, almost hesitant to know the reason.

“Well…” Dokyeom gave a pathetic laugh as he scratched his neck to shed himself of the embarrassment that just occurred.

“I can’t believe Dokyeomie wasn’t lying after all. What kind of sick reality is this?” Wonwoo announced and a few of them chuckled.

In response to his comment, you glared at Wonwoo in the crowd. “Lying about what?” you asked.

“About living next to you,” Hoshi blurted.

“Can we stay at your place? Dokyeom’s place has no electricity,” Seungcheol revealed and Dokyeom wanted to liquefy into the snow. This was NOT the plan that they had strategically arranged!

Ten minutes ago when 13 of them sat in the dark living room of Dokyeom’s condo, they had planned to let Dokyeom do the talking while they hid behind the corner of your apartment. AND, they would stay hidden until you agreed to house them. But now they were all speaking out of term and had completely forgotten their plot.

“What?” you asked confused.

“Earlier we plugged our Christmas tree into the outlet and now Dokyeom’s condo is completely dark,” Dino explained as he revealed himself by stepping out and forward from behind the corner of your apartment.

“Hey…it’s really cold out here…Vernon and I are going to freeze,” Woozi nagged and they all spilled out from hiding.

Your eyes darted between the guys. “Wait…what…?” you paused in the midst of your question when you suddenl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter