Don’t Touch My Piano

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Friday again and you really did not want to do anything, however another note had been left on the closet door directing you to clean the piano room with all sorts of details. You were the least bit interested as you carried a spray along with a stash of towels down the hall of the East building.

Passing the board again you read the newest phrase that was put up

*The newest project*

Thought: The way your eyes, the way you smile, the way your voice makes me happy…

Rule: write a phrase to end the thought

What to do: use a sticky note provided, write your phrase, put your name on it, drop paper into box

 

“This school sure is weird…putting up new phrases and asking people to finish them like its some poem contest…” You complained out loud yet you reached over and pulled another yellow note from the stash. Scribbling your thought, you quickly folded the paper and forced it into the box. This time around, the box was much fuller than before.

When the elevator doors opened to the second floor you looked up from your feet and was greeted with Joshua standing there. His hands were in his pockets and he was humming a song. A nice guitar strung around his body, hanging and waiting to be strummed. There was something about Joshua that gave off an elegant aura. If it was back in the days, he would surely be a Prince who probably paid no attention to anyone. When he looked up and saw you the harmony from his throat stopped. Remembering the awkward moment you had with him before, you disregarded him and walked out of the elevator.

 

You walked down the hall searching for the piano room. When you realized you were probably going down the wrong direction you turned back around and walked towards the other end.

You unlocked the door and the lights. The room had rhombus mirrors placed in a 360 view on all four walls. The only place where the mirrors were missing were where the large windows were mounted. Like the star of a show, a pearl white piano sat in the center of the room. Multiple black pianos surrounded it, at random, around the room. There wasn’t a single piano keyboard like the one you had at home. They were all fashionably built and shining like show cars at an auto event. Each piano lid was propped opened, revealing their strings and sound boards. When you noticed miniature spot lights shining from the corners of the room onto the sleek waxed floor, you flicked the ceiling lights off. With only the corner lights on, the room’s atmosphere was romantic and serene.

You stood there in awe soaking in the tranquil feeling. You approached the white piano, the only white piano in the room, and noticed the keys were covered. You lifted the fall board as it slid away, revealing a silky black dust protector lying across the keys. You removed the cover off with one hand and to your surprise there wasn’t a single black key. The pearl piano was completely all white, pure, and untainted.

Shocked and amazed, you pressed down on a key and a note vibrated throughout the room. The surround system was amazing! There was something about the tall ceiling that made the room a speaker box. Without hesitation, you shifted all your cleaning tools to your right arm to free your left hand from clutter. You pressed down on three notes and tried to remember how to play Elvis Presley’s song: Can’t help falling in love with you. You had practiced a few of the harmonious base notes back at your apartment but haven’t been able to master the melody. With your right hand occupied you continued to play with your left hand.

When standing felt uncomfortable you pulled out the seat from under the piano and sat down. Again, you started over, pressing the base notes while humming the melody. You had played four rounds of the same base notes while messing up continuously. On your fifth round a hand reached over your right shoulder and played the melody to your song. You froze, unable to press a single key. Where you scared? No. In fact, you were amazed.

You removed your hand from the piano while you listened to the stranger play the notes allowing them to echo wonderfully in the room. His serenity jacket was nicely fit around his right arm. His long fingers continued playing the song even without the base melody. The veins on his hand shifted with every key he pressed. He knew every note as he played softly while adding crescendo to your favorite part.

You should have been concerned, being that the stranger was close, too close that you could feel his breath on your ear, but you weren’t. The heat from his body warmed your back as his left arm wrapped around you to play the part you knew.

 

 

“But I. Can’t. Help. Falling. In love. With. You.” He sang from behind you while he finished playing the verse you were trying so hard to start. The base in his low voice vibrated, almost changing the beating of your heart.

After the ending to the song his fingers remained resting on the piano keys, his arms around you, unmoving from his position. You leaned forward and slightly turned to see who this stranger could be.

Wonwoo looked into your eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter