Vinewood Terrace

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You remained in bed that Saturday evening lost in thought; a very, very long thought. You blinked while staring at the white ceiling above you. Your warm body was safe within your bed covers while your hair decorated your pillow.

You had been in bed all day, not because you were sick, but because you were thinking about what had happened in the past few weeks. You sighed and then closed your eyes. Did your memory love Seungcheol as well? You weren’t sure.

A sudden ring from your phone caused you to look over to see a number that was unfamiliar to you.

“Hello?” you asked through the phone.

“Hi,” the man stated from the other line. He asked for you and you quickly sat up on your bed.

“Yes, this is she,”

“We have a requested reservation for you today at 6pm at Vinewood Terrace downtown.”

“Vinewood what?” you asked, your senses now active and awake.

You listened to the man speak on the other line about a reservation that was made for you. Although you had no clue what he was talking about nor did you know where Vinewood Terrace was, you paid attention until he finished speaking.

“So…who made the reservation?” you inquired curiously.

“A very handsome man from Pledis University that plays the guitar. I’m sure you would know if I tell you that much,”

“You’re talking about Jisoo right?!? I mean Joshua. It’s Joshua right?” you questioned while jumping from your bed. “I’ll be there!” you added and excitedly ran to your bathroom.

 

You got off the stuffy bus and was greeted with an extremely busy sidewalk. Girls lined and crowded outside the Vinewood Terrace restaurant like they would at a concert. You walked towards them to only realize, you couldn’t see anything passed their heads. You jumped, hoping to catch a glimpse of Joshua inside but was greeted with nothing more than failure.

A few girls shoved you over as they nuzzled themselves into the crowd. You looked around seeking a possible waiter or waitress but that had failed also.

Suddenly the girls began to cheer and you looked around trying to get a glimpse of the inside of the restaurant. All you could see was faint lights from large screen TV’s inside the restaurant and nothing else.

“Didn’t they say I had a reservation?” you complained and reached into your pocket to fetch your phone. You dialed the number from earlier but the ringing sent you to voicemail. Was this all a hoax? Why hadn’t you thought about your safety at all?

“Oh my gosh we’re late…” a girl pouted to her friend that she had linked arms with as they flocked to your side together.

“Oh my goodness…we won’t see anything from here,” her friend replied and you shuffled aside to allow them space.

“They said he’s from Pledis and he is so handsome,” the girl whined to her friend. You opened your mouth hoping to ask her who it was but her friend had dragged her away before you could even utter a word.

At the sound of the girls cheering loudly you shut your phone off and gave up trying. You walked over to an open area beside the crowd and leaned against the window to a small boutique. Maybe you should just go home.

However, when you heard the strum to an electric guitar from inside, you found yourself in complete torture. It was without a doubt Joshua inside.

You stood there listening to the residual sounds of the electric guitar vibrating from inside the restaurant. Joshua had played a few different songs and each one wooed the growing crowd outside of the doors.

“Please give a hand to our special guest,” you heard from inside and the girls cheered loudly in response. When the performance finally ended, you realized you had been standing out there for over 45 minutes!!

But it was Joshua. Joshua was worth the wait. Always. Moreover, even though you didn’t get to see him perform, you could at least go inside afterwards to greet him.

You quickly sent him a message: Jisoo, where are you?

You stared at your message as if he would reply right away. But that was all you needed. If he could just tell you where he was, then you would be able to meet him. By the time the crowd dissipated, you still hadn’t received a reply from Joshua.

You smiled at the last remaining girls that strolled by before you headed into the busy, quixotic restaurant. You approached a tall slender waitress that stood behind a dark wooded podium. Before she spoke, your eyes dashed to the wine racks behind her that were stacked from floor to ceiling, shimmering in all sorts of colors.

“May I help you?” she asked.

“Yes…I’m here to see Joshua…”

Her eyebrows scrunched, “Joshua?”

“Yeah the one that was playing the electric guitar?…I had a call from this place earlier that I had a requested reservation. I couldn’t get in because…”

An older man in his 50’s walked over happily, greeting you with a smile, cutting your explanation into silence.

“You’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter