Hey DinoChanChan

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another start of the week and you were rummaging through the janitor’s closet in terror. Your heart was beating fast while you threw things around uncaring of the mess you were making. You thought for a moment and ran back to the front of Pledis University to retrace your steps.

“Where is it?! Oh my god…don’t tell me I lost it??” you asked yourself in annoyance and pushed open the front glass doors to go outside only to be greeted with forceful pounding rain in which two hours ago, it was dry as a desert.

“This is not the day for this!” you complained as the rain began to seep through your outfit and hair. You desperately searched for your name badge by skimming the pavement before you. When the search was unsuccessful, you tried to recollect where else you had been in the past three hours.

“That’s right, I was in the courtyard sweeping. Maybe I dropped it there,”

Of all the days available, it had to rain on the one day that you were too busy to care whether if you got wet or not. All you could think of was getting in trouble for losing your name badge. Seungcheol’s words replayed in your mind as well as your Grandfather’s voice, which you loved dearly, only when he wasn’t lecturing you. You knew for you sure you had it on before you got to the school. Seungcheol had scared you into wearing it religiously every day. The question now was: when did it fall off?

Your shoes squeaked as you ran your way over to the doors that led you out to the courtyard. The rain didn’t seem to have any mercy for you either. It only continued to pour harder as the seconds ticked away. You had been out in the courtyard earlier to sweep and maybe somehow your badge dropped without you knowing.

Without a second thought you jumped into your crazy search and began to look in bushes and under benches that you never even came close to. Who is to say that the water didn’t wash it away from where it fell? Your hairclip was now useless as your hair was soaked and plastered to your face. Your bangs were now a mess, split in all directions. You batted your eyes to relieve your eyelashes of the droplets that clung onto them.

Wonwoo looked away from the drenched window and sat back down by his piano. He set the maroon umbrella in his hand down and forced his mind to stray away from you. He played a few keys to rid him of the urge to run downstairs to shield you from the rain. There was nothing you could ever do to make him care one bit. You were just another girl, so there was no reason for him to mind.

From the guitar room, Joshua was changing the strings to an older acoustic guitar that was used by the newer students.  He adjusted the last string and gave the guitar a quick to verify its ability. He smiled from satisfaction and walked over to hang it back into its place on the wall.

“Ugh, this rain looks awful,” he complained and looked out into the courtyard. When he saw you running towards the monument in the middle of the courtyard, his calm facial expression changed.

In a hurry, he looked around swiftly for his book bag. After grabbing hold of his black umbrella he raced downstairs from his room.

The growing pounding noise on the walls made Jeonghan exit his closed-in photography room to check the weather. He looked up into the sky through the window in the hallway and wondered if it would be a good idea to take lightening images. When he looked down, his eyes shot open. He ran back inside his red room to search for his umbrella; however it was a challenge in the dark.

Mingyu was bouncing a basketball and deep in conversation with Minghao as they walked down the hallway towards the gym. When Minghao spotted you outside, he slowed down. Mingyu turned around and walked over to also witness the same scene that Minghao was observing.

“Why is she crawling?” Minghao questioned in a cynical tone. He wasn’t really worried; only confused. Besides stalking him and pretending to be some janitor who “cleaned”, he assumed being out in the rain was probably some natural characteristic of yours too.

“What is she doing out in the rain? Does she not know she might get sick?” Mingyu replied. His thoughtful comment was completely irrelevant to Minghao’s as if they weren’t talking to each other.

“Do you have an umbrella?” Mingyu asked looking over to Minghao.

“I have one in the locker room, but it’s broken,” Minghao replied.

“Where is it?”

“What if she WANTS to be out there?” Minghao questioned and Mingyu bit his lip while considering Minghao’s comment.

Seungcheol and Woozi were walking towards the Seventeen club room, both sipping from small soda cans as they discussed ways to improve the advertisement of their project. When a loud crack of thunder shook the air they froze from fright.

The angry thunder made you scream but it didn’t stop you from searching. The rain seemed to have been unhappy. It was somewhat bipolar, raining hard one minute and then calming down the next. You crawled over to the flowers you were looking at earlier to search below them in case your name tag may have fallen there, only to find nothing but mud and grime.

Joshua reached the bottom floor through the stairway and hurried towards the door to lead him outside. He quickly ed the umbrella in his hand allowing it to unfold.

Jeonghan yanked his umbrella from the bottom of his bookbag and ran back out into the hallway to see if you were still outside.

As soon as Joshua cracked open the door and was greeted by the pouring rain he stopped. The tension in his hand relaxed allowing his umbrella to dangle loosely in his grip. He let the door slowly close, shutting him back into the building as the rain drowned out.

Jeonghan pressed his lips together when he realized he was too late. He watched you from the window with a feel of defeat in his stomach. If only he would have found his umbrella a few minutes earlier.

 Seungcheol and Woozi walked around the corner to see Joshua peering out into the courtyard. They too joined him to see what he was looking at. When Joshua noticed them walking his way, he shifted his body to hide his umbrella behind his back.

A pair of wet shiny shoes stood before you and the water was no longer beating against your head. The rose quartz color in his pants began to turn dark when water splattered onto them. You looked up to see a man standing there with a striped umbrella opened, shielding both you and him.

Seungcheol’s jaw flexed when he realized Dino was out there in the rain ‘saving’ you. Was he slightly jealous? He couldn’t be. However, he wasn’t sure.

“Is that Dino?” Woozi asked wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter