I’ll Give Up Acting

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some Fridays were easy going and this Friday was one of them. Joshua reached over to place your fingers in the correct place as you continued to strum the guitar in your hand.

“How are your fingers doing?”

“It’s getting better,” you responded. Your fingers had miniature calluses from practicing the guitar too much. At one point, the skin from the tip of your fingers were peeling. Getting back into the routine of pressing guitar chords was like wearing heels. The blisters always came before the comfort.

“Should we rest then?”

“Mmm-mm,” You shook your head.

“Ok, um wanna learn a plucking technique?”

“Of course! Why would you even ask?”

Joshua smiled at your response and scooted closer to show you the plucking pattern.

 

“You ready for it?” Seungcheol asked while leaning against the wall in Jeonghan’s photography room.

“Yup,” Jeonghan responded as he patted down some papers in the corner.

“How early should we arrive tomorrow?”

“Anytime is good, just come before it starts,”

“Ok, I’ll let the others know. Oh by the way, you look awesome in those poster photos,”

Jeonghan laughed, “Steph took it for me,”

“Steph, your assistant?”

“Yup,”

“Are you sure it’s a showcase? Looks more like an auction for Jeonghan,” Seungcheol joked.

Jeonghan posed while his chin, “I hope I get a high bid tomorrow,”

Seungcheol laughed and made his way over to Jeonghan to slap him for running with his joke.

 

“Jisoo…do you…”

Joshua’s eyes blinked as he waited patiently for you to finish your sentence. Every time he looked at you he grew defenseless. He had talked to himself many times; telling himself that you would be nothing but a friend. However, it only seemed to work when you weren’t around.

In moments like this, when you were there beside him, he sometimes wondered if you were aware of how much power you had over him.

“Jisoo?” You asked.

“Huh? Yes, I’m sorry, what was that?” Joshua replied as he shook his head to remove his thoughts from his mind.

“I was asking you if you wrote music; cause you’re so good at playing the guitar…”

“Oh, yes I do sometimes,”

“That’s neat, I figured you probably did. Is it hard to make up a tune?”

“Sometimes, but other times it isn’t,”

You thought for a bit and then smiled, “I hope one day I’ll be able to make up a tune too,”

“As long as you’re determined, anything is possible,”

He was encouraging and you loved it. You nodded with a smile and readjusted your fingers for a C note.

 

Wonwoo pressed the last keys to Pachelbel’s Canon and looked over to the doors. You should have come through those doors by now, but why haven’t you?

Unexpectedly, the door flung open and to pretend he was busy, Wonwoo looked away and began playing a few keys. He waited to hear you complain but nothing came from the body that entered.

When someone lifted the black piano lid behind him he turned around to see Jun sitting there. The anxious feeling in his chest escaped leaving him slightly disappointed. Jun’s eyes were focused on the piano keys as he played a few notes, “You’re always so cooped up in here. Don’t you get bored?”

“No not really, why?”

“I love my painting room, but I get bored sometimes. It’s too quiet in there,”

Wonwoo re-evaluated Jun’s comment and wondered if he too was growing bored but were just too stubborn to accept it.

 

On his knees, Dino swung his arms to quicken the drying process of water on his hands. Impatient, he brushed his hands against his pants while he smiled at two small sprouts of green from the ground, each only about 1 cm long. He couldn’t wait to talk to you about it. He had never experienced this type of excitement before. He pulled out his phone and sent you a message: Hey guess what!

You and Joshua looked over to your phone that was hanging off the edge of the table as it vibrated a few times.

“Did you want to get that?” he asked.

“Nah, it’s ok. I’ll get it later,”

“Ok…I mean…its ok if you want to look at it,”

You shrugged and reassured him, “I’m sure it’s nothing serious,”

 

“I’m done! I can’t run anymo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter