I’m Serious

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was FINALLY Friday. The last day of the week. Thank the high heavens! You prayed to have an easy evening.

You were sorting out tools in the janitor room when you heard someone singing down the hall. Regrettably, it was only a reminder of why you weren’t attending Pledis University in the first place. His voice was angelic; almost hollow, almost hoarse but beautiful altogether. You could hear his singing coming closer and closer as you stared out of the closet waiting to see who the voice belonged to.

When he passed your opened door the sound of his voice swirled into the closet like fallen leaves in autumn. After he walked by you went back to sorting tools.

“Hey,” he stated and you looked to see him standing there at the door peeking in, “Are you in a play?”

“Oh…no…”

“Really? I remember your outfit from the really cool play this summer.”

Numerous people had commented on your outfit that now even you were curious about it. You looked down at your janitor suit and then back at him who was wearing those awfully beautiful pastel colors.

“The stripes down the side of your sleeves gives it away. That character was my favorite. He was really funny. I kept telling my friend Hansol that he should have played that character instead.”

You looked at the sleeves to only realize he was right. There were stripes down the sides. You hadn’t even cared to notice anything about the janitor onsie.

“Oh really? That’s nice…” You replied and without thinking you added, “Your voice is beautiful…you make me slightly jealous…”

He smiled at your comment.

“Oh thank you so much. I appreciate that. I have a good friend, Seokmin, he has a really good voice too…but mine is better.” He joked and you laughed a bit while trying to remember where you heard that familiar name. Your memory wasn’t the best, and it clearly wasn’t helping you at the moment. When you suddenly remembered that the name Seokmin belonged to the man who stalked you all the way home, your mouth parted in surprise.

“Are you the janitor?” Seungkwan asked. He noticed your yellow headband and the three large flowers that bloomed on the side. He looked at you in silence waiting for your answer.

You sighed thinking to yourself. So many people had seen you already, and they all seem to ask the same questions. What exactly should you say? Telling one person couldn’t be so bad…right?

“Yes,” you replied and pressed your lips together. In surrender, by reconfirming his question, you repeated, “Yes, I am.”

“What? And they gave you that outfit?” Seungkwan questioned and made a face as he took your side and added, “What a horrible decision, they should have given you something that fit better. I wonder why they didn’t give you the light grey ones that the day janitors wear. That’s unfair…”

Seungkwan clicked his tongue from disappointment and joked, “No one believes me but let me tell you, I think our principal is a bit crazy these days. Have you seen his clothes lately?” Seungkwan gave a loud exaggerated sigh and added, “He needs a shopping spree. A serious shopping spree.”

Seungkwan smiled when he heard a miniature chuckle escape your throat. He checked his watch and glanced back at you.

“Oh…I better get going to my meeting, my friends are waiting on me. Welcome to the school, I’m Seungkwan. Nice to meet you.”

And with that comment, Seungkwan disappeared from your sight. 

 

 

You closed the closet door behind you while holding the cleaning wipes in your other hand. Tonight was a much quieter night. No one was around, not even in the courtyard.

You were in an empty room wiping the windows when you stopped to observe the stunning evening sky. Airplanes had drawn parallel lines crossing each other here and there as if they were writing a hidd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter