VERY MUCH single

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That next week, you skipped your way over to Pledis University. Somehow that day you were feeling good. Maybe it was because you had finally drafted your first version of your letter that you planned on submitting into the newspaper contest. The Fall weather was perfect. The leaves of city trees were hues of red, orange, and yellow. The wind was blowing leaving a cool atmosphere in the air while the sun warmed the only parts of you that were exposed; that is, your head and your hands.

 

You removed your satchel, your jacket and afterwards Minghao’s scarf from your neck. His scarf held a nice lingering scent that you had grown so use to, you didn’t even mind it anymore.

You grabbed your usual cleaning tools and went down the hall to open a classroom. After cleaning the room, you closed the door behind you and saw Mingyu’s teammates walking towards you from down the hallway. Five of them, each with a basketball in their hand. Their matching basketball uniforms reminded you of a pop group getting ready to shoot a music video. They were all tall with long legs that were a tad bit too hairy.

“Hey Mingyu’s girlfriend,” one of them greeted as he shifted his basketball from one hand to the other. Although you were breathing fire from his remark, you smiled in return.

“We have a game tonight at 7pm, maybe you can come support Mingyu. I’m sure he’ll appreciate it,” another one informed.

“A game?” you asked. Why hadn’t Mr. Kwon informed you about a game?

“Yeah, it’ll be in our gym,” he replied.

An idea sprung into your head, “Is that where you guys are heading now?” you questioned.

“No, we’re going to meet up with our team at the track field before we go and get ready,”

“Well, good luck guys. And YES I will be there. To support you all, of course,” you responded nicely with a smile.

As they walked away from you, you hurried over back towards the janitor closet. You were so ready to pay back Mingyu for lying about your relationship with him.

 

You ran as quickly as you could from the gym with the extra papers you didn’t use and the large bundle of duct tape in your hand. You entered the main building and were greeted with a sea of serenity and rose quartz. Basketball props, signs and jerseys were worn by everyone as they shuffled your way. You greeted them nicely while you maneuvered your way through them towards the janitor closet.

 

Besides the thumping music, loud chattering sounded from the gym as Mingyu and his teammates entered proudly. Suddenly the chattering became a mixture of gossip and cheer.

“Mingyu!” Woozi shouted from the bleachers that were now pulled out from the walls. Mingyu’s eyes darted over to his friend. Woozi pointed his finger at a wall and Mingyu looked over to see something he never expected. Oh, you were too daring and as clever as a fox! His teammates had told him earlier that you were going to be there to “support” him. From your message, it looked like you were there for other reasons.

 

Woozi made his way back over to his friends that were bunched in the corner of the bleachers.

“Did you tell him?” Jun asked.

“You should have seen his face…” Woozi replied.

Dino shifted to look at Woozi, “I wonder who did it,”

“Well we know it’s not Miya…she enjoys being rumored as his girlfriend,” Seungcheol reasoned from beside Dino.

“It wasn’t here during the day though…I had class in here earlier,” Seokmin deducted.

Seungkwan scratched his head and looked around to see if Miya was present, “Miya wouldn’t do such a thing, would she? She is always around Mingyu, there’s no way she would have time to tape messages to the gym wall,”

“First of all, she would never deny being his alleged girlfriend,” Wonwoo replied as he set his book bag down beside him on the bleachers.

Joshua listened to the few girls that sat beside him. They were actually happy about the embarrassing note on the wall. The fact that someone came out and publicized that she wasn’t Mingyu’s girlfriend made all the girls light up with happiness. Vernon, who sat behind his friends, paid no mind to the conversation. He was too busy prepping himself for the game.

 

Mingyu’s teammates nudged him and they all eyed each other. As if they could read each other’s minds they headed over to remove the message.

“It’s fine,” Mingyu announced from behind them, “Leave it on the wall. It’s true anyway.”

“But…you’re like MVP of our team…we can’t leave that up there,” his teammate stated as he made his way back over to Mingyu.

“I’ll take care of it,” Mingyu replied and turned towards the bleachers to scan for your face in the crowd. Yet it was a complete fail; he couldn’t spot you anywhere. However, as soon as he waved his hand, the morale of his fans almost caused the building to come crashing down. The team they were playing against wore black jerseys with orange lined hems. They were grouped across the way and laughing at the message making Mingyu’s team unhappy and protective.

 

When the referee blew his whistle, the game started making Mingyu’s friends cheer loudly for him.

“Mingyu!! He’s is so perfect!” a girl yelled from beside Joshua.

“I know, he’s handsome isn’t he?” Joshua replied making the girl look over at him. She gave him an odd look and slowly scooted away. Joshua laughed and looked over at Jun who had seen everything.

The admiring comments and conversations continued consistently without a single break. Every time Mingyu made a shot the girls only roared louder.

 

Mingyu passed the ball to his teammate and made his way down the sleek floor. While raising his hand to signal that he was open, he put himself near the hoop. As soon as the ball touched his hand he bounced it once and jumped to dunk the ball, scoring points for his team.

The other team took the rebound but before they made it halfway down the court Mingyu’s teammate managed to steal the ball. A quick pass across the court and the ball was again in Mingyu’s hands. From the corner of the court, Mingyu shot a long ball making everyone hold their breath. Immediately after the ball swished through the hoop the crowd went wild as the buzzer sounded loudly to signal a halftime. Mingyu’s teammates gathered and high-fived each other before heading out towards the locker room to rest.

“That was intense!” Minghao announced while clapping and staring at the points on the scoreboard.

Hoshi his lips and shifted his feet below him, “We are catching up; that is good. For a second there I almost thought we were going to lose,”

“Lose? It’s only half time. So much for support!” Seungkwan criticized with a laugh.

“I have faith we will win today. Oh! Oh my gosh!! I almost forgot,” Jeonghan pulled out a rose quartz headband with springs that attached the saying #1Mingyufan.

“Jeonghan, really?” Wonwoo questioned with a chuckle.

“Yes,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter